Long lasting peace in sgw

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Oreo
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): E

Re: Long lasting peace in sgw

du5tin_eh wrote:
Norbe wrote:This game has seen many things over it's 10 year history. Many friendship pacts between close alliances/empires have grown and been severed. Most allies eventually squabble and turn to war on each other. Peace that lasts for the better part of a decade is a rare thing.

There have been examples of long running friendships. Omega and DDE lasted a very long time. 2005 through to about 2012 as alliances and friends. Hell of a feat until it broke up and they became enemies. TA and TL is another which comes to mind. We've always been close, mostly maintaining a NAP or a DRA since TL was created in 2007. Despite a few smaller scale incidents, we never really come close to war against each other. Now we are closer than ever since merging together forming Terran Family.

Here is one you likely did not know about.. I believe the longest standing treaty ingame, which still is technically in force today. On 30th January 2006, Tauri Alliance signed a peace treaty with Eternal Knights. I know there is not much left of them now, but to my knowledge in nine years we have never had a single massing go between us.

If only we could all get along so well...

~Norbe~

I understand this Norbe but it will not work. how quickly would this WAR game die if all were at peace. Who would want a huge account to stat build?? There needs to be war but people need to have it and move on.

The only exciting bit about this game is the initial attack and reply after that it gets boring fast. The fun is gone especially in the current wars between OE, DDE and your family. Big accounts good and bad players each side, no one giving an inch. many months later...........Zzzzz the war continues on the forum

How many people actually play this game in total now. I mean log on at least once every 2 days and do something? I know I log on everyday, but RL doesnt give me time to War every day for years

I agree with your first comment,
Maybe if OE TAF DDE(Rag) sorted some sort of arena like on ascended that way people can war and others not.
But that will surly fail to breaches, but that would be a solution.

Thiers probobaly 250+ players missing from the game just from the Big 3 Empires.

* at one point Omega TA and DDE as Alliances did not need worry about massings from the other Empires. Titans Chaos and TAAE would be the ones farmed and massed with Delta, TAE DDEs middle alliances to WAR for the Empire.

Return to “StarGateWars General”