Whitey - scammer?

Rexxar
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Whitey - scammer?

Ok, I'm getting tired of waiting for Whitey to send me payment.

I sent him 1.8million UT in late December of last year and he agreed to pay me $1/1k in 4 weeks time, $1800. $1/1k because I would not receive payment for 4 weeks while he would be making a lot of naq with my UT to sell for $$$.

I received $98 deposit when I sent them to him. When 4 weeks passed he said that it would take him another month to accumulate all of the money, despite saying originally that he would pay me even if he couldn't sell $1800 worth of naq in 4 weeks.

He has been ignoring my pm's, despite posting reguarly on the forums, asking him to send me the money he has made so far which he claimed was about $900 (2 weeks ago).

Pm's between me and whitey that can be accessed in my account (the amount of UT we are talking about in them are lower as I waited a few days and accumulated a total of 1.8mill UT, for which he said he would also pay $1/1k, I've got msn chat logs of these.

From WhiteyDude
To Ranek
Posted Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:04 am
Subject Re: selling uu for $$$ Quote message
Ranek wrote:
Hi, ive become bored with this game and im selling all/parts of my uu for $0.75US, get in touch in you're interested...Ranek

I sure am - how many do you have? and that's $0.75 per thousand?...

/Whitey

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

From WhiteyDude
To Ranek
Posted Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:06 am
Ranek wrote:
Hmm, it's hard for me to give away $1000 worth of units on a promise, I would be willing to send 500,000 now and the rest after it's all been paid for...Ranek

I'd be fine with that, but because it's half the units, it'd take double the time.

I am trustworthy - I've been playing since Febuary, I run a powerful alliance, I do many trades, and I'm friends with the admin of the game Smile.

Either way works for me, but if you sent them all you'd get the money a lot quicker, and I'd be able to go back to trading with others quicker too Smile.

/Whitey

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

From Ranek
To WhiteyDude
Posted Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:23 am
Subject Re: selling uu for $$$
hmm, in 2-3 weeks i could buy a lot of uu with my income, for giving you all my uu for 3weeks you could make 55billion naq with which you can buy 920,000 uu using todays market price, for this I would insist that the price would be $1.00 per 1k, $1200 for 1.2million...Ranek

From WhiteyDude
To Ranek
Posted Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:40 am
Ranek wrote:
hmm, in 2-3 weeks i could buy a lot of uu with my income, for giving you all my uu for 3weeks you could make 55billion naq with which you can buy 920,000 uu using todays market price, for this I would insist that the price would be $1.00 per 1k, $1200 for 1.2million...Ranek

That's a bit steep, but I'll do it Razz.

$1200 might take me 3-4 weeks as opposed to 2-3 weeks though - it's $400 more...

With the 2.5mill I'd have... I'd make approximitly 110,000,000naq a turn, being 5.3bill a day, 37bill a week, which is $333 a week. So it'd be about 3 and a half weeks Smile.

/Whitey

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

From WhiteyDude
To Ranek
Posted Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:49 am
Ranek wrote:
alright, then we have a deal i will need a few days to get everything with my account sorted, do you have msn...Ranek

Indeed, I'm mailto:Admin@UberSkilled.com. Also, you can find me on the chat room - in the top left corner of the screen ingame click chat. I'm Whitey - I run the chat room Razz.

/Whitey

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder
Flavar
Forum Elite

i am sure that there is a logical explantion for that. but i will talk to him the next time i meet him.
i dotn believ that he is a scammer
Writing as a mod. But i am currently testing colors. So if you want to claim one as yours or its not the best to read give me a call please :-)
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Flavar wrote:i am sure that there is a logical explantion for that. but i will talk to him the next time i meet him.
i dotn believ that he is a scammer

But I believe its hard to get $1800. Or am I wrong?
WhiteyDude
Forum Intermediate

Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.

You speak like you're scared I'm going to delete your PM's or something =/.

I've been coming back to my PC for the last few weeks with abusive PMs on irc with an ip like yours.

And when they're not abusive, they just say "hi hi hi hi" over and over.

I've been finding it hard to be online these days - as you know my PC blew up - I've been on a linux laptop with no hard drive, which is text based for 2 months now.

I've been working hard to get your money, but like I said I'm going to transfer it all at once - it's cheaper to get the money from paypal to a bank account if you're sending more money - the more you send, the less the fee.

Yes Phoenix - it is hard to get money.

I'm pretty sure that this deal was made BEFORE the you can't sell all your naq for cash rule was put in - so I'm not ALLOWED to sell all my naq per month, just the excess.

I havn't talked to you on irc because you come on for two minutes, PM me with "hi hi hi hi", then log off.

Like I said, I've had PC problems - my prescence on irc is generally kept up by a psybnc (google it) which keeps me online to recieve messages, even if my PC is offline. It runs on my server.

Just because you're only on for two minutes a week and expect me to be able to reply, you accuse me of being a cheater and a scammer?

The majority of time I've spent on the forums, which is still minimal these days, has been trying to sell naq when I'm able so I can pay you.

Maybe I shouldn't take so much effort for your ungratefulness?

You have no right to threaten me like you did in PMs, abuse me like you did in PMs, or accuse me of cheating/scamming here, when you're never on enough to recieve my replies!

There is another person who I made a deal for the same sort of thing - he knows I'm paying you first and he's willing to wait a little longer because he actually listens to me and understands that I am [b]not allowed[/b] to sell 100% of my naq.

Although I don't want to reveal his names, I believe you talked to him - if you didn't I'd be happy to have him talk to you.

I find this accusation very disgusting and low for you Ranek - I thought we had more trust between us. Clearly I was wrong.

Edit: This is the second or third accusation of me being a cheater/scammer in this part of the forum now... And it'll be the second or third proven wrong. Why do people do that? >.<.

/Whitey
SHIFT TONE! OMG!

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

It means Perseverance
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Firstly, I would like to remind everyone that 'scamming' is not cheating - any further 'scamming' threads will be deleted from the cheaters section.

May I suggest to the Admins that a Scammers Board is created in the Trade Feedback section.

In cases where real money is involved - I think that if you are trading that amount of real money on the game, then you have more money than sense (not a personal attack, just my opinion). Secondly, I would say that if you are going to engage in these trades, both sides MUST ensure that they each have the resources to trade before either side actions the trade. Follow this simple guideline and things should be easier.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Rexxar
Forum Newbie

Re: Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.

Finally a reply, thankyou, why didn't you just reply to the pm's i sent you on the forums and tell me everything was alright, but you couldn't even be bothered.

I've been working hard to get your money, but like I said I'm going to transfer it all at once

You didn't tell me you would pay all at once. In case you didn't notice from my constant nagging over sending what you've made

You have no right to threaten me like you did in PMs, abuse me like you did in PMs, or accuse me of cheating/scamming here, when you're never on enough to recieve my replies!

And i never threatened you on irc, did the pms say something like, "pay what you've made so far to my paypal account".

I sent you a message over a week ago on irc, which you aknowledged then went away, asking you to contact me via pm or email and let me know you're still planning on paying me but no message.

I find this accusation very disgusting and low for you Ranek - I thought we had more trust between us. Clearly I was wrong.

I didn't call you a scammer here, notice how i put the "?" after in the title. I have everyone telling me i got screwed, including mods. I created this thread to get some response from you. Maybe you knew you were going to pay me but i sure had doubts

The majority of time I've spent on the forums, which is still minimal these days, has been trying to sell naq when I'm able so I can pay you.

When do you think you will have it all?
Mattwell
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TSA
Race: Goauld
ID: 13702

wow, deja vu ?!

Im not saying whitey did it. im saying i got deja vu when i read Reks recent post about finally a reply and ive been waiting for you to contact him.
goodie
Forum Expert

whitey says something along the lines of, how can he talk to you when you leave 30 seconds after joining?

eg

[22:13:30] * StarGate658 (mailto:StarGate65@Alpha-394E686E.dyn.iinet.net.au) has joined #lobby
[22:13:31] * homer sets mode: +v StarGate658
[22:13:36] <StarGate658> !seen emokid
[22:13:39] <SCB> emokid was last seen on Saturday, 25 February 2006 at 7:30:01PM GMT+1030, quitting from the server with the reason Quit:
[22:14:09] <StarGate658> whered whiteness go
[22:14:38] * StarGate658 (mailto:StarGate65@Alpha-394E686E.dyn.iinet.net.au) Quit (Quit: But who will watch the watchers?)

a minute and 7 seconds he stayed on, whitey managed a response about a minute after he left

i believe the general message from whitey is, if you want to talk to him, stay on longer than a minute or 2
Lord_of_Night
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Origin
Race: Ascended Alteran
ID: 1910713

I don't know all the details, but if the price agreeded at that time was 1 usd per k, you should pay at that rate. You got the units and you've been using the units since that day. If you don't have money to pay send them back.
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

Wolf359 wrote:May I suggest to the Admins that a Scammers Board is created in the Trade Feedback section.
The 'Banned from trading' board is pretty much the scammers board. If you were involved in a scam, post there, NOT HERE...
Rexxar
Forum Newbie

Hows the naq selling going, you said about a month from the start of February and since you don't respond to my pm's and are never on chat when i'm on i can never contact you

Why don't you respond to my pm's?

I don't care about you paying in one chunk to save me money, can you just pay what you have so far to my paypal account then, not my bank account?
LBWMTE- D4rk S1de
Forum Expert

I may suggest to you whitey gets MANY pms, he may noit be able to check them all, whitey is very populary and VERY busy
Cant be bothered logging in with my full name- so i shortened it :D
Tok`ra wrote:[voice=spidey]My sarcasm senses are tingeling![/voice]
Rexxar
Forum Newbie

Whitey, check my other thread in the banned from trading forum
eleven
Fledgling Forumer

seems to me Whitey ought just give the UU back, he clearly has no intention on paying anything. If this trade was done in December (I dont know that it was by the way), thats about three months worht of naq! And thats one big load of it! I for one shall certainaly never trade with him
Setesh
Lord of the Abyss
ID: 89014

eleven wrote:seems to me Whitey ought just give the UU back, he clearly has no intention on paying anything. If this trade was done in December (I dont know that it was by the way), thats about three months worht of naq! And thats one big load of it! I for one shall certainaly never trade with him

Then you're obviously extremely stupid. Maybe you haven't heard of the rule that says you can't sell all the naq you make for $$?
[00:52:43] chacho67430: Di... setesh says thanks
[00:53:03] DeathIncarnator: someone kill setesh
Extremer wrote:I shall Enter TheLion
[4:54:59 PM] robert_paul97: (gay)
[4:55:08 PM] robert_paul97: (gaypartty)
[4:55:14 PM] robert_paul97: not work

Return to “For Admin Archives”