What happened to this statement, from game updates?

Lord_Core
Fledgling Forumer

What happened to this statement, from game updates?

November 16, 2005

'Resource Farms' Limits

It has been noticed that some accounts exist solely to gain resources, in order to sell to other players via paypal or ebay or whatever. This disrupts the balance of the game, goes against the principles of the point of the game, and is no longer going to be allowed.
While the occiasional sale of 'excess' goods is not going to be chased after, any account that is clearly abusing this will be in violation and subject to penalty, suspension or deletion.

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?t=21376
Lord Jared

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?t=21321
nebulator

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?t=15647
WhiteyDude

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?t=21402
https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?t=21198
JUAN

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?t=21377
El Magnifico

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?t=21213
Corkscrew

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?t=21325
https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?t=21459
Prior

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?t=21203
Lord_of_Night

So now lets look at what your update did for the market place.

Current Exchange rates:
1,310,000,000 Naquadah for 840 Turns for 8,300 MineSlave/Lifers for 10USD.
The market takes MineSlave, but after working for the galactic market mines, are sold as Lifers. The exception are the premium MineSlave which held supervisorary roles and are therefore sold as MineSlave, and are reserved for those using hard currency.

So now they can make money for Naq turn around and buy UU off of the market place with they money they make from the Naq sells in which growing. There is your Loop hole!

As I said how about
any account that is clearly abusing this will be in violation and subject to penalty, suspension or deletion.

They should get no warning, just account deletions. Its about time to put a stop to it Forum.

Once you fix the problem of these accounts then you can get back to changing the market place for those that dont abuse the system and play with in the rules of the game to enjoy it.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

He does have a very valid point. The account might not exist solely for making a profit....after all, they do also play the game. But these are not one-off deals....they're regular transactions where ppl are making a regular profit from the game. :wink:
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

But like I said in 'the other thread' the update reduces the amount of UU available for sale in the market, hence reducing the abuse.

I'm actually a bit confused with what you are saying? Are you saying they sell naq for real money?

Although I agree if someone is caught red-handed in mass-profiteering, they should be kicked!
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
311 [TA]
Forum Expert

There needs to a clearer definition of what is too much.

If a person sells 100k uu once for $$ or naq for $$ once it is different
from a person that sells them on a daily basis.

I think its needs to made crystal clear what is too much, so people know exactly where they have to draw the line.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil,
is good men do nothing.
*Much props to greenman for my wicked new sig, thanks G oh yeaaaaaaaaah! *
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

Wolf359 wrote:But like I said in 'the other thread' the update reduces the amount of UU available for sale in the market, hence reducing the abuse.

I'm actually a bit confused with what you are saying? Are you saying they sell naq for real money?

Although I agree if someone is caught red-handed in mass-profiteering, they should be kicked!

Follow the links for your answers...

Basically now, they can sell naq for $$$ buy uu with the $$$ and sell the uu for $$$, it's sorta stupid but anyway...

The problem is still a problem, old market/new market, it make little difference, people are selling, they were selling and they will continue to because THEY DON'T CARE that they're making a profit after putting no creative thought into the product.
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
Lord_Core
Fledgling Forumer

RepliJake wrote:
Wolf359 wrote:

Basically now, they can sell naq for $$$ buy uu with the $$$ and sell the uu for $$$, it's sorta stupid but anyway...

Actually no, they use the naq to sell for cash, then turn around buy UU off of market place with the cash they get from the naq. And no cost of lifers.
prior
Forum Irregular

lol, 90% of the money I make is re circulated into trade. The other amount is put into ppt in chaos wars. admin shouldnt be to unhappy about that continuos money hes getting from me :)
JIX
Forum Addict

forum said it would stop yet it has'nt all those deals seem new apart from whitey's ffs he even has a ebay link all set up and its been going a month or more the rest of them seem new made in the past day or two

but yeah selling your stuff for real cash needs to stop you play this game for free no matter if you bought ss or not making a profit in real money terms is just wrong
Apadamek (goo is life) wrote:Jix cannot be banned, all fear his marijuana and Alcohol induced fits of massing and raiding

*hides*
Gone.......
Fledgling Forumer

LOL
Lord_Core
Fledgling Forumer

JIX wrote:forum said it would stop yet it has'nt all those deals seem new apart from whitey's ffs he even has a ebay link all set up and its been going a month or more the rest of them seem new made in the past day or two

Trust me they all have been selling for cash a long long time. I just went through and posted the latest ones. Updating to the new market prices.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Lord_Core wrote:
JIX wrote:forum said it would stop yet it has'nt all those deals seem new apart from whitey's ffs he even has a ebay link all set up and its been going a month or more the rest of them seem new made in the past day or two

Trust me they all have been selling for cash a long long time. I just went through and posted the latest ones. Updating to the new market prices.

True.

Like I said though JIX (in the Discussion on Enhancements forum) the fact that UU is no longer available in the market should reduce the amount of UU being sold in the black market - unless of course they buy it from other players using naq - which still doesn't get around the fact that many people are certainly selling way more than 'excess' - as is highlighted by their own advertisments when they say 'buy as many as you want' or 'any amount'.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record on this topic now. :-D
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Spoon
Forum Intermediate

I would say selling naq or uu once a month is occasional, anything more should really count as excessive. Although to be fair to try and claim you have excess uu is crazy as you can never get enough and none of it will ever be excess so uu sales for cash should just be stopped completely.
Keep smiling it makes people wonder what your up to.
thunder
Forum Intermediate

well i think that selling of uu should be the same as seling for naq or at, ban them all or ban none of them. personal preferance dictates the value of each comodity. some of my officers prefer having verylittle uu so they dont get farmed so the naq/at is worth more to them
If you listen to what i say you'll learn lots
if you argue with what i say you'll lose
if you disagree with what i say your an idiot

I AM A DEBATOR FROM SASKATCHEWAN YAH

Shal Kek Nem Ron
Thewisesirivanthes
Forum Newbie

There will always be cheaters and they will always find loopholes like the one you pointed out. I am disgusted that people are turning a free game into a major source of income. This latested update has simply made it harder on those of us who DON'T cheat. To the cheaters this changes absolutely nothing. I know many people who could if they chose to make several HUNDRED dollars a day off of this game. However they have a sense of honor and don't. I am personally hoping that the market will be changed back soon because while this update does make it harder on cheaters it does it in the way that adding a grain of sand into someone's boot makes it harder for them to walk. In other words it only makes it harder in a technical sense and it is not noticeably harder in any form or fashion.
thunder
Forum Intermediate

you know what the gap between strong and week relly escalated when the market came out, so if your trying to narrow the gap logically going back to the original market is a dumb idea
If you listen to what i say you'll learn lots
if you argue with what i say you'll lose
if you disagree with what i say your an idiot

I AM A DEBATOR FROM SASKATCHEWAN YAH

Shal Kek Nem Ron

Return to “For Admin Archives”