Some Help

RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

Some Help

I along with a few other people have been threatened by people ranked 2000-3000, I will be mass attacked, normally they couldn't hurt a fly, with enough turns they can destroy any amount of weapons that are bought...

My suggestion,

No damge to defence weapons, if... The strike action is below about 50% of your defence action, this is not making the strong stronger, it's realistic... It is just Defence weapons, It will also stop multi's sending everything to their main and using a weak account to cause mass damage with no possible retaliation...
IcER
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

I just sent a long pm to forum outlining a similar suggestion, I was right about this a few days ago, the weak CAN take out the strong...it wasnt my unbalanced tactic showing its downside (this is happening in quantum too if you didnt already know)
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

dude this idea will kill the game..........o course u should be threatened by them ...Destruction the the blood of this game
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

Destruction is a part of this game, as is "weaker players can take out stronger players" aka noone is untouchable, but where is the realism?

If i take a stick and run up to a tank, no matter how many times i hit it... its not gonna break down and the army isnt gonna end up scrapping it. I like the 50% idea - makes it more realistic. For example, if i shoot a rocket at it, it might not be completely destroyed, but the tank would take some damage.

If you got 10 marines with machine guns attacking an army of 500 soldiers, each with an invisibility tech or ion cannon, the result isnt gonna be that each of the 500 defensive weapons is damaged by 50/2000 or 10/2000 or even 1/2000. They wont be damaged at all! Maybe once every 100 attacks or so, one lucky marine would get through and scratch one defensive weapon, but thats it!
myFriend
Fledgling Forumer

chunkysoup wrote:If i take a stick and run up to a tank, no matter how many times i hit it... its not gonna break down and the army isnt gonna end up scrapping it.
This is not true. Hit some thing long enough and it will after about 10 years brake down. But also in "real life" you can take out the kids that are running at with the stick before he can hit you for 10years

so i am for the change to
I am dyslexic and i did do spell check. sarry for the type-o's

i will face my fears and let them past though me; we live we die... but not in vain; OO for cying out loud; Sir with all disrespect, I don't give a dam
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

SGC_Replicators wrote:dude this idea will kill the game..........o course u should be threatened by them ...Destruction the the blood of this game

I'm all for destruction, I just dont see how if I have say a 10 mil defence that someone with enough turns can destroy my weapons with his pathetic 200k attack, he is not even close, And if I was in 5th, 4th, 3rd place I should be theatened by someone who has just started, or is just someones rubbish account??? All I want is a little realism...
scben
Fledgling Forumer

i think that the person with 200k attack would lose a lot. i think that is should be set up iin a way to where your repairs would correspond to how much u were hit with that way it would take a while for someone with that little compared to a 10million defence to actually start making the repairs a big deal. this could also be used with tne number of men u lose.
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

yep more good ideas, i agree
Asger
Forum Newbie

I like that the weak can hurt the strong. It helps to keep them honest and gives hope to smaller/weaker alliances of taking out the big guys/mega alliances.
scben
Fledgling Forumer

i don't mind them hurting the strong but i think your defence should work for u. if u spent the time and naq to get a big defence then u should have to be attack by someone with a big attack before the defences start crumpling down
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

What worries me is that it doesn't matter how much defense you have. It's just one huge heap of attacks and it's all gone, no matter if you had 50 weapons or 500. I mean, if you have 500 weapons, total damage to you may be greater, but average damage per weapon should definitely be lower.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

Sleipnir wrote:What worries me is that it doesn't matter how much defense you have. It's just one huge heap of attacks and it's all gone, no matter if you had 50 weapons or 500. I mean, if you have 500 weapons, total damage to you may be greater, but average damage per weapon should definitely be lower.

Yeah very good point, something should be done about that.

Perhaps something like what happens to people who get to much covert stuff going on, but then again it would ruin the idea of the smaller taking out the bigger...
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Yes, but it should take about 10 times longer to destroy all weapons with the attacker having 50 weapons than it should with 500 weapons.

Maybe a compromise, reduce damage to weapons, but in the mean time, if overall weapon damage gets over a certain percentage, destroy a few weapons and reduce the overall damage percentage accordingly.

Like this. I would normally damage 200 weapons from 2700 to 2560. Now reduce them to say 2630. But if the weapons fall below 1620 (60%), destroy 10 (5%) of them. The rest of your weapons are back to say 70%, 1890.

This still allows the destruction of weapons through combat, but no longer all at once. Sounds more realistic too.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
BleedBlack
Fledgling Forumer

Mjaybe you should consider not posting in the forum with your in-game name.
The people that always ending up dealing with all the crap, are the ones who find the need to display their game name in the forum, and make enemies.
If you had used your sense, and registered here under a different name, you wouldn't have this problem.

We all know that people think it's fun to attack known forum members around here, so why help?

I suppose the idea that a % of damage is dealt relative to the number of weapons, attacking the number of devensive items should be included, it would help.
Press Ctrl+W FTW
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Weston wrote:Mjaybe you should consider not posting in the forum with your in-game name.
The people that always ending up dealing with all the crap, are the ones who find the need to display their game name in the forum, and make enemies.
If you had used your sense, and registered here under a different name, you wouldn't have this problem.

A lot of them are actually in trouble in the first place, and start posting afterwards. Being on page 1 can cause such attacks on you.

And maybe it adds a little fun to the game, linking the game and the forum. I mean, would it have been any fun if the order of chaos had been beaten down if you had actually no clue which players they were?

Return to “Suggestions Archive”