Vacation Mode

Mango
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

Vacation Mode

I have recently been on vacation mode for the first time due to my home comp needing some repair. The second time I went on vacation it had changed, I couldnt log in at all.

I just went to log in and it said "Your realm is still too close to the cusp of the black hole it has slid into... or... in other words, you are still within the minimum vacation time of 48 hours from when you declared it."

Now this came as a bit of a shock, I have some Naq in the open which I fully expected to be able to 'save' by logging in before the Vacation mode run out. It would seem now that I have to race everyone else in the game to log into my account before someone farms me and takes it.

The other thing is that it doesnt tell me when my vac mode will run out. I know approximately what time I went onto Vac mode but do I just keep trying to log in every 30 mins and hope I log in before someone takes my naq?

This seems very unfair, I understand the need to prevent people receiving and distributing UU/Naq/Turns while on Vac mode but at least let people log into their account a couple of hours before the Vac mode expires.
BL1P wrote:Im sorry for your fiend and the toilet paper accident...
Setesh
Lord of the Abyss
ID: 89014

Re: Vacation Mode

Mango wrote:I have recently been on vacation mode for the first time due to my home comp needing some repair. The second time I went on vacation it had changed, I couldnt log in at all.

I just went to log in and it said "Your realm is still too close to the cusp of the black hole it has slid into... or... in other words, you are still within the minimum vacation time of 48 hours from when you declared it."

Now this came as a bit of a shock, I have some Naq in the open which I fully expected to be able to 'save' by logging in before the Vacation mode run out. It would seem now that I have to race everyone else in the game to log into my account before someone farms me and takes it.

The other thing is that it doesnt tell me when my vac mode will run out. I know approximately what time I went onto Vac mode but do I just keep trying to log in every 30 mins and hope I log in before someone takes my naq?

This seems very unfair, I understand the need to prevent people receiving and distributing UU/Naq/Turns while on Vac mode but at least let people log into their account a couple of hours before the Vac mode expires.

If you give the player a window of opportunity to log in before their vacation mode runs out, then that gives them a chance, to as you said, receive and distribute UU and the like while on vacation mode

While I don't agree you should be able to log in before your vacation mode runs out, I believe there should be a timer when you try to log in, telling you how much longer you will remain in V-mode
[00:52:43] chacho67430: Di... setesh says thanks
[00:53:03] DeathIncarnator: someone kill setesh
Extremer wrote:I shall Enter TheLion
[4:54:59 PM] robert_paul97: (gay)
[4:55:08 PM] robert_paul97: (gaypartty)
[4:55:14 PM] robert_paul97: not work
Chris M
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 13122

i thought your realm only came off Vacation when you log in for the first time after vaction time has expired
RETIRED
Radium
Forum Regular

Chris M wrote:i thought your realm only came off Vacation when you log in for the first time after vaction time has expired

This is true. So while you might say 48 hours you will stay on vacation until you log back in.

So you are safe until then.
Mango
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

ok good point, I thought it was a set time period and not 'open ended' so to speak.

Still, it would be nice to get into my account so i can still be an effective alliance leader and also to plan my next move with my account but ahh well, lives and learns dont we :P
BL1P wrote:Im sorry for your fiend and the toilet paper accident...
Radium
Forum Regular

Hind sight is so great. The best thing to have done is gotten someone trustworthy to run things for you while you were gone. But none of us are that organized. :lol:
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

then it would not be a vacation, would it :)
Mango wrote:ok good point, I thought it was a set time period and not 'open ended' so to speak.

Still, it would be nice to get into my account so i can still be an effective alliance leader and also to plan my next move with my account but ahh well, lives and learns dont we :P
Loksorr

Ok I'll post a Q here.
Hope you do not mind.
What happens if I have a commander and I go on vacation mode. Does he still send me the Naq? Does he still get UU does the Naq he gave me just float in space?
BELISKNER
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lone Wolf ~ Ex-Dirty Dozen
Race: Ancient
ID: 6116

Loksorr wrote:Ok I'll post a Q here.
Hope you do not mind.
What happens if I have a commander and I go on vacation mode. Does he still send me the Naq? Does he still get UU does the Naq he gave me just float in space?

As far as I know, in vac mode you give and receive nothing....
We Fought Together, We Died Together

Play NOW!!

Dirty Dozen - The End of an Era
Ston
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: Ascended Stone
ID: 13514

well why are you allowed to hit multiple vacs in 1 month? thats hilarious!Either you know you cant login for a couple of days or you dont need to hit vaccation mode.

I bet you just want to be protected until marker turns are being reset.

4 days via 2ppt, 3 days vac mode -MT resets- 4 days ppt-3days vac mode... and so on.

If your income is high enough and you have plenty of UT you can spare the few days between just to buy yourself a new exspensive cover lev or save a couple of billions...

Admin should limit the vacs per month to 1 or 2 (than make sure at least 10 days are between em).

Return to “For Admin Archives”