A committee to monitor cheating.......

Is a committee to monitor cheating a good idea?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 22
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

A committee to monitor cheating.......

This comes from the cheaters thread and so I have transferred it into here......

Okay - how about this - Forum sets up a committee of maybe 5 players who are granted access to the sort of information which could be used to identify any cheating.

These players should be established players whom Forum implicitly trusts, and should be selected from all races/opposing factions.

The committee will do nothing until a complaint is received that a player is cheating - multiple accounts etc. Once they get a complaint it is investigated and action taken only if 3 (or 4) of the 5 agree that the player(s) are cheating.

Now, this might be somewhat subjective and not 100% accurate,given that it is now alleged that some people get friends to create accounts for them (which appears to have been what happened with the captain carter/_Apophis saga__) - but i believe it is the best and only fair solution - after all that is how the Court system works.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Replisean
Fledgling Forumer

i like this idea, good post m8, maybe the info you could see would be:

ip
amount of troops, naq, mercs, they have sent to any other player.

i think that is probabley all they would need to see.
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

i havn't decided yet but i think forum should have the final word and not just punish someone coz the committe says so... then i vote yes
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Lord Dougy wrote:i havn't decided yet but i think forum should have the final word and not just punish someone coz the committe says so... then i vote yes

That's a fair point - but there would need to be reasons as to why any conclusion reached by the committee was overuled.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

I voted yes. It is a good idea, and would give Forum more time to work on more updates ;)
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

thats true coz even though forum is all powerful he properly has made friends with people that play and therefore could be influenced into making a decision. so there should be a reason to punish or not punish.

btw what is the punishment? coz i've never known and as i see this catching alot of cheaters hopefully!

Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

That would have to be decided and stipulated clearly in SGW rules.
Mod Speak
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

forgot about the rules.

ColonelMichael
Forum Spammer

Dumb idea!

That is stupid anyone could use it unwisely or unjustly or to their own advantage you know people do lie they may even be very convinceing.My old account was somehow stolen and now I have to start over under ColonelMichael the II.Someone could think I was cheating and and I could be unjustly punished.You see what I mean.
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

cheating commitee shoudlnt be players that play the game......they must be un-influenced by anything maybe some FOrums friends
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

SGC_Replicators wrote:cheating commitee shoudlnt be players that play the game......they must be un-influenced by anything maybe some FOrums friends

But would they be interested or bothered to do it??
Mod Speak
IcER
Fledgling Forumer

The only way you could do this is have players who play only quantum, watching the main game, and players who only play the main server watching the quantum game. Otherwise its just extra intel giving some players an advantage.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

IcER wrote:The only way you could do this is have players who play only quantum, watching the main game, and players who only play the main server watching the quantum game. Otherwise its just extra intel giving some players an advantage.

hence the 'should only be established members whom Forum implicitly trusts criterion'......
.......and remember - these players themselves could be sunject to this as well!
Mod Speak
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

well heres a senaroi to think about

PERSON A makes a account on COMPUTER A, lucky PERSON A gets picked for the cheating commitee PERSON A gets lots of message like delete this person and i will give u XXX amount of naqada and turns, one day PERSON A doesn't want to play anymore and goes on a random deleting spree... and deletes serval hundred accounts

what i no about accounts is they cant be recovered

imagine that.........
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

I think it's an excellent idea last time i checked there were 7000 people playing the game that is way to much work for one person further more i like the idea so much i' think that 1 player from each race should be voted in and another player to be voted in at the genral forums to make 5 :D

Return to “Suggestions Archive”