Stargate Adress

Quetzalcoatl

Stargate Adress

Mhmh.. would it be possible to assign every player a SG adress? After all, we have 7k-something players and there are THOUSANDS possible adresses, so it wouldn't be that much of a problem...

{this part in brackets is even more optional than the one outside...

The knowledge of the adress would be neccesary to attack a player - and with huge discrepancy between players' covert action you would not know the adress = no attack :D

alternatively, a DHD could be implemented in attack room... mwaaa....

}

Besides, even if the adresses were to have no impact on the game itself, it'd be nice to have one for your own.
[NOTE:they should be 6-chevron and 7-chevron for this fancy Asgard defense, since the last one is the PoO, which is - afaik - unique to every planet. So players could be allowed to make up their own PoO :D]
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Re: Stargate Adress

Quetzalcoatl wrote:Mhmh.. would it be possible to assign every player a SG adress? After all, we have 7k-something players and there are THOUSANDS possible adresses, so it wouldn't be that much of a problem...

{this part in brackets is even more optional than the one outside...

The knowledge of the adress would be neccesary to attack a player - and with huge discrepancy between players' covert action you would not know the adress = no attack :D

alternatively, a DHD could be implemented in attack room... mwaaa....

}

Besides, even if the adresses were to have no impact on the game itself, it'd be nice to have one for your own.
[NOTE:they should be 6-chevron and 7-chevron for this fancy Asgard defense, since the last one is the PoO, which is - afaik - unique to every planet. So players could be allowed to make up their own PoO :D]

that is brilliant, it wouldn't affect the game very much but would make it more like the tv show, and this could tie into motherships that can go to planets
Replisean
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

that would certainly stop the old, lets just randomly attack a player who we think might have millions or to test their defences.
Saturnine
Forum Regular
Race: Goauld
ID: 9570

RepliSean wrote:that would certainly stop the old, lets just randomly attack a player who we think might have millions or to test their defences.

Agreed. I'm kind of getting tired of repairing my shields BC some newbie decided to disregard the ????? and give it a go, just to have his attack defended, costing me 100,000's of repairs the next morning.

I commented on the gate adress in another thread but I'll put it here.
I like the idea of a gate adress. Especially If we can customize our own.
Tok'ra

This is the greates I dea I have heard in a long
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

one flaw in the idea... what happens if somone has a way higher covert than anyone else?? then no-one can attack him and therefore he is untouchable.
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:
Replisean
Fledgling Forumer

no, basically everyone is assigned 6 symbols right then a point of orgin. so if you know the 6 symbols you can attack much like in the tv show. this would add alot of emphasis on the covert side of the game....would it not?

edit:maybe they shouldnt have to be a higher covert than you maybe you could do it so that if say i have 10million covert and little billy here only has 8million 80% of my covert rank then he should be able to find out my symbols.

does that make sense?
NoDot
Forum Irregular

Re: Stargate Adress

Quetzalcoatl wrote:there are THOUSANDS possible adresses
Try about 1.99 billion (1,987,690,320 to be exact) individual combinations of 38 non-repeating symbols.
Trade Feedback Thread for NoDot
You recieved 980 Naquadriah in exchange for 490,000 Units!
Don't! Just...don't!
™Fûr¥
Forum Irregular

ya but when you see someone with a whol;e lot of naq thats being brought out for upgrades by the time you type or push symbols in there naq is used and u attacked for nothing lol
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

King4Day; that's live :)

I really really like this idea, we just need to figure out a way how exactly the gate adresses are found and wich can be found by each player...
Muhahu?!
Ridic
Forum Grunt

I am going to write up a little "report" on this subject and see if we can get it going
-Asgard Thread Mod-
Ridic
Forum Grunt

Ok here is a little version i made... Take a look and please suggest stuff to change

Stargate Wars -- Stargate Address System

Each Stargate Wars player (SWP) would receive a unique random Stargate address along with a unique Point of origin

The Stargate Address will represent how all races attack each other. (Of course it will just be one way if or when Ships become available).

A SWP can delete Stargate Addresses from their database

Each SGW will have a Stargate Address database. The database will house all known Stargate addresses. That the SWP has dialed.

The raid function will become active again. When you raid someone it will cost you at least 30 turns.

When you raid someone you are attempting to get a copy of the SWPs Stargate Address Database.

You will not always get a full copy of the Stargate Address Database.

You will use spies along with your turns to steal the SGAD.

A SWP will have a DHD, or Dialing computer. Depending on which race they are.

A SWP can randomly dial Stargate Address

If an active Address is found through random dialing, the address is added to that SWPs Stargate Address Database.

A new Defense upgrade will be added… This defense will be a Stargate activation recorder. This will record any time someone activates your Stargate (Opens the Stargate to your realm).

A new Spy setting must be added. A Friendly Recon unit, and the other would be a unfriendly recon unit. (The unfriendly until would go though the Stargate to steal tactical information just like the current recon unit.)

A SWP must send in a friendly recon team to determine who is on the other side. Doing this tells you race, SGW username and alliance (if any). Note that a SGW player can just send through his/hers army or spies and not worry about who is on the other side.

Also players who have a rank above 1000 should have public Stargate Address that shows up on the “Attack page”
-Asgard Thread Mod-
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

lord saturnine wrote:
RepliSean wrote:that would certainly stop the old, lets just randomly attack a player who we think might have millions or to test their defences.

Agreed. I'm kind of getting tired of repairing my shields BC some newbie decided to disregard the ????? and give it a go, just to have his attack defended, costing me 100,000's of repairs the next morning.

I commented on the gate adress in another thread but I'll put it here.
I like the idea of a gate adress. Especially If we can customize our own.

LOL!!!

To be fair - it is not only newbies who do this - I do too - particularly in Quantum - and it profits me very well thankyou very much!!

The thing about SG addresses - if the only way to obtain them is by covert action - is that only the players with high covert will be able to attack - and, in concert, will be the ones with the most protection!!

This is the second thread within a week on this subject and it is not a new topic - gate addresses are a good idea - it's geting them into the game in a manner that is fair that is the problem!!
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Ridic
Forum Grunt

Ok well get rid of the hidden Gate addresses
-Asgard Thread Mod-
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Then what is the point of adding them? What is the added value? Because as far as I can see, it's just unnecessary complication.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”