AN IDEA THAT COULD CHANGE THE GAME!!!

~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

AN IDEA THAT COULD CHANGE THE GAME!!!

ok, loads of things have been mentioned like motherships, gate addresses and planets to win or lose and i have thought of a way to combine all of these into 1 big idea, here goes.
u each get a planet and a gate address, when u log on u name ur planet and r given a gate address, it will not affect the game as everyone will know ur gate address, it just makes the game more like the tele program, so when u go to atk it tells u their gate address and u just enter it and u attack normaly, motherships can be made so u can only attack someone with them once u have gone through the gate, this idea is really bad but if u can change it a bit it can be good, also no-posting about anything else
Saturnine
Forum Regular
Race: Goauld
ID: 9570

Re: AN IDEA THAT COULD CHANGE THE GAME!!!

Crisp wrote: gate address

intresting. Could we chose our own?
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

lord saturnine wrote:
Crisp wrote: gate address

intresting. Could we chose our own?

i dont know, i would of thought that would be to dificult to impliment but maybe?
ryan_avent

i like your idea i think this would be a gr8 inprovment for the game :D
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

It would be relatively easy to implement - although it would've been better used when the game was first released - i.e. there would have to be some sort of method to obtain a gate address before you could launch an attack. (or even random dialling).
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
~wolverine~

there would have to be some sort of method to obtain a gate address before you could launch an attack. (or even random dialling).

possibly an upgrade to the spys as well. or branch them off so that certain once can be trained to infiltrate and get the gate address' ? kind of on the same line as the super solider upgrade?
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

u could then have the option to steal someone's else gate address book.
i.e. lets say i infiltrate Opti's land i get all the gate addresses of all his officers or all the gate addresses he knows.... of course only good covert people or expensive upgrades can do that.
™Fûr¥
Forum Irregular

Crisp wrote:ok, loads of things have been mentioned like motherships, gate addresses and planets to win or lose and i have thought of a way to combine all of these into 1 big idea, here goes.
u each get a planet and a gate address, when u log on u name ur planet and r given a gate address, it will not affect the game as everyone will know ur gate address, it just makes the game more like the tele program, so when u go to atk it tells u their gate address and u just enter it and u attack normaly, motherships can be made so u can only attack someone with them once u have gone through the gate, this idea is really bad but if u can change it a bit it can be good, also no-posting about anything else

as i said in the other post,

''ya but when you see someone with a whol;e lot of naq thats being brought out for upgrades by the time you type or push symbols in there naq is used and u attacked for nothing lol''
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

Lord Dougy wrote:u could then have the option to steal someone's else gate address book.
i.e. lets say i infiltrate Opti's land i get all the gate addresses of all his officers or all the gate addresses he knows.... of course only good covert people or expensive upgrades can do that.

maybe this could be something to do with ships
Saturnine
Forum Regular

Crisp wrote: maybe this could be something to do with ships

Players with ships could strike x numbers of players without a gate adress closest to their rank? This would increase the good investment factor for ships.

We have to take into consideration that if we implement gate adresses, how will we get the game back off the ground? It would be slow moving until many have stolen the adress books or cartoushes (sp?) of others. I agree with most, this is definentely a covert upgrade.

perhaps another good investment factor for defending supersoldiers could be the ability to see an attackers gate adress when he leaves? You have more defending supersoldiers than he has attacking SS's, you see it.

I want everyone who reads this thread to leave a comment please. This could lead to some seriously original and wild strategies when it comes to these gate adresses!

Also, GATE ADRESSES MUST BE PERMANENT, UNABLE TO BE CHANGED BY PLAYER. Perhaps there should be more penalties involved with a name change? Since it would definently require a change of gate adresss?
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

lord saturnine wrote:
Crisp wrote: maybe this could be something to do with ships

Players with ships could strike x numbers of players without a gate adress closest to their rank? This would increase the good investment factor for ships.

We have to take into consideration that if we implement gate adresses, how will we get the game back off the ground? It would be slow moving until many have stolen the adress books or cartoushes (sp?) of others. I agree with most, this is definentely a covert upgrade.

perhaps another good investment factor for defending supersoldiers could be the ability to see an attackers gate adress when he leaves? You have more defending supersoldiers than he has attacking SS's, you see it.

I want everyone who reads this thread to leave a comment please. This could lead to some seriously original and wild strategies when it comes to these gate adresses!

Also, GATE ADRESSES MUST BE PERMANENT, UNABLE TO BE CHANGED BY PLAYER. Perhaps there should be more penalties involved with a name change? Since it would definently require a change of gate adresss?

the big problem still is how would u find out thease gate addreses, spies cant cause they dont know where to go anyway, u cant send spies to someone if u dont know their gate address, without a gate address ships wouldn't know where to look and couldn't possibly find a planet and get it's gate address, i think the only way is to enter random ones as all will work and hopefully find one with good naq, but that is impossible as there r over 6k players
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

that well be hard since, even if u randomly hit address what are the chances it will be a "GATE DOES NOT EXIST" because there arent enough players to close the gap?

it might as well be a needle in a hay stack just to find some1 elses target in the game
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

SGC_Replicators wrote:that well be hard since, even if u randomly hit address what are the chances it will be a "GATE DOES NOT EXIST" because there arent enough players to close the gap?

it might as well be a needle in a hay stack just to find some1 elses target in the game

no cause each player will have an adress, given to them and thease will be the only ones that exist
Saturnine
Forum Regular

Crisp wrote:the big problem still is how would u find out thease gate addreses, spies cant cause they dont know where to go anyway, u cant send spies to someone if u dont know their gate address, without a gate address ships wouldn't know where to look and couldn't possibly find a planet and get it's gate address, i think the only way is to enter random ones as all will work and hopefully find one with good naq, but that is impossible as there r over 6k players

See, this is what I have a hard time trying to figure out. The thing with the ships could be easily explained as the planets/realms closest to yours. If you have a mothership, you wouldn't need the adress. (radio signals give their locations away I'm guessing?) So the more motherships or upgrades to the engines, the farther away from rank you can attack sucessfully without an adress? (but the problem is, how much? we could easily make top players unstoppable) An attack with a mothership gains you instant adress. BC you can coorelate the constelations to the planets location once you get there,or torture enemy soldiers who know it, or some excuse along the lines Techincally, with a mothership attack the defender could not obtain your adress. But we'd need cheaper smaller ships like deathgliders, and other short range ships to reach adresses relatively close.

Plus, this could open a new covert market. Players infiltrating clans or commanders just to get their adresses? It may not be too long before huge amounts of adresses are public knowledge.

But a higher covert would simply alow you to steal adress books of players adresses you already know.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”