Attack Problem

Digitally_Tropical

Attack Problem

Hi,

I've just had a problem when I was attacking another guy...

I was attacking "metsakohin" (he's on rank 436) and I was barely having an effect on him... :shock:

I mentioned this to my commander...he had a look and said I should have completely wasted him in a couple of turns...!

I barely did anything to him! I wasted 210 turns to get only 647,425 naquada!!! :o :shock: :evil: :!:

Admin guys, or anyone...can you help me out?? :?

Cheers,

Digitally_Tropical
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

ehhh im sorry, but once you realized you were "having no effect on him," whatever that's supposed to mean, why did you keep attacking and wasting HUNDREDS of turns???
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

Ahahahaha

210 turns and then you realise something is up...

Ahahahahahaha
Digitally_Tropical

Yeah... :roll: well I had them there to waste...and I still have over 900 to go...

I do recall asking for Help not your pittiful attempt at sacastic humour... :evil:

Now unless you two are going to give help or an explaination as to why I had virtually no effect on him...don't bother posting here again... :evil:
You could go start your own Humour for n00bs forum...where people can go and pay each other out for your own amusement...

But enough of that... 8)

Now SERIOUSLY Does anyone know what the hell the problem was???

Laters,

Digitally_Tropical
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

It looks like you should have been easily able to beat him... but your not giving enough info (no one ever does)

What was his rank compared to your (he is currently higher than you)
How much naq did he have out when you were attacking?
Were you at war?

If you were not at war, then in the future, declare war when you attack someone. You will get a larger % of thier money if you do (which could have been a problem. Each attack you only got a percentage of his money, and that percentage gets smaller and smaller with each attack)
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

I am just wondering what it is what you where trying to achieve.....
Muhahu?!
Digitally_Tropical

I Replicate wrote:It looks like you should have been easily able to beat him... but your not giving enough info (no one ever does)

What was his rank compared to your (he is currently higher than you)
How much naq did he have out when you were attacking?
Were you at war?

If you were not at war, then in the future, declare war when you attack someone. You will get a larger % of thier money if you do (which could have been a problem. Each attack you only got a percentage of his money, and that percentage gets smaller and smaller with each attack)

I was at rank 289 and metsakohin was at 439.
He had 1,112,760 naquada when I started attacking...
No I wasn't at war...

I can't post his stats because the moderator says I can't

If this is any help with explaining it please do enlighten me...

Cheers,

Digitally_Tropical
Last edited by Digitally_Tropical on Tue May 10, 2005 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
rdb
Forum Grunt

When you say you couldn't beat him did you steal any naq or were you trying to wreck his weapons with repair costs?
Digitally_Tropical

rdb wrote:When you say you couldn't beat him did you steal any naq or were you trying to wreck his weapons with repair costs?

LOL... :lol:

Nah, it's not that I couldn't beat him...I was just really REALLY surprised (or confused [I haven't decied yet].) at the fact I had such little effect on him...

But I suppose, now I think of it, the cost of repairing his weapons would be great...

Laters,

Digitally_Tropical
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

Couldn't it be that he just spend his money the moment you attacked him, or perhaps someone else attacked him just before you?
Muhahu?!
Digitally_Tropical

maybe...

Spykie wrote:Couldn't it be that he just spend his money the moment you attacked him, or perhaps someone else attacked him just before you?

:roll: I suppose it is possible...but unlikely with the amount of turns I spent on him...and the amount of Naquada I took from him mached up...

:? I have no idea...but you'd think because the moderator has already monitored my postings...that they WOULD OFFER HELP!!! LIKE I ASKED IN THE FIRST POSTING!!! :twisted:

But back to your question... :? I don't think so...because I've found when I've gone to attack someone that another player has either just attacked or is in the process of attacking...It won't let me attack... :?

So that sort of counts out the second idea...but thanks anyway... :)

Cheers,

Digitally_Tropical
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Sorry but its still not making much sense. You attacked with 210 turns, that's 14 full attacks. So the 647,425 naq was the combined total of those strikes?

Maybe you could post the attack logs with the damage parts edited out. That might clear something up.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

maybe by the time you reached 210!! turns another turn had come in and that was the naq you got, "didn't have much effect on him" makes no sense, you cant take more than the amount he has out when you attack no matter how many turns you use
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

yea sorry but the reason i replied as i did was "didn't have much effect on him" is about as ambiguous as it gets... what did you mean? your weapons didn't do as much damage as you expected? you didn't steal as big a percentage of his naq as you expected?
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

and actually, it makes perfect sense:

he had 1.1 mil naq, and you were only able to steal 650k cause hes significantly lower than you in rank. the rank modifier kicks in so that with such a rank difference, you should only steal about 30% each time, so the first time you stole about 330k with 15 turns, the next time u got 230k, then about 100k, and yea, thats why you got so little... rank modifier

Return to “Bugs Archive”