Merc generation

™Fûr¥
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Merc generation

I think merc generation should be randomized for different times because now that they are more important and you have all theses players whos just sitting there waiting to buy mers as soon as they appear makes it almost impossible to get some. every time i go to buy them someones always getting them before my screen reloads after i push buy and some people possibly have macros buying them as soon as there generateed. and whats with the untrained mercs cause i see there not even being used in attacks and defending/ attack logs show they dont get used and none ever die.
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

Yeah, the amount of mercs needs to be randomized just a bit, and different amounts as well, mabye 200 at the end of a turn, then 1200 45 minutes later or something, completely random. :lol:
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

I believe there are more mercs per turn now (aren't there?) - but would agree that a random number should be available per turn.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
myFriend
Fledgling Forumer

how about each person gets a set limit? as in only beeing able to by 50 a turn (witch is a alot even if you have 500 weps). this way when you refresh the screen the kids with marcros don't take all the gd mercs
I am dyslexic and i did do spell check. sarry for the type-o's

i will face my fears and let them past though me; we live we die... but not in vain; OO for cying out loud; Sir with all disrespect, I don't give a dam
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Or - how about - the first 5 minutes of each turn is like a blind merc auction - you have to input the number of mercs you want and the price you are willing to pay for them (can only make 1 bid per turn) - after the five minutes are up, the highest bidder(s) receive the mercs and have their naq debited.

example 200 mercs available:

A bids for 200 at 3000 naq/merc

B bids for 100 at 4000 naq/merc

C bids for 150 at 4200 naq/merc

Therefore C gets 150, B gets 50 and A gets 0.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Meodread of Losensa
Fledgling Forumer

thats actually a pretty cool idea wolf

although sounds like a lot of programming
rasterblaster
Fledgling Forumer

that was a cool idea, but yeah... lot of programming... hey perhaps admin can acution them off on ebay for donations? haha
I am keeping my eye on you!
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

and too bad that completely screws over all the poor people... whos gonna outbid apophis? yea thought so
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

I think that is a great idea, and in regards to outbidding someone, you may just have to aim for less men, at a higher price, sure Apophis can outbid you, but it will cost him say 5000 /merc for 100, while you 6000 for 20. you still get some, the price is just increase, or decreased, depending on how much demand there is for them. Simply dont get greedy, get a few and pay a possibly higher price.
silverRanger

damn!

missed again!!! it's third turn i've missed the attack mercs. my page simply does not load that fast!

this merc system should be changed! i suggest putting bigger amounts on sale or making them available according to your unit production: for example, if i have 100 units per day production, i can buy max 25 mercs/round.
_Apophis__
Fledgling Forumer

Re: damn!

download FireFox at http://www.getfirefox.com , its a browser and faster then I.E. ( it is faster for me, dont know about other players.. ) i hope it helps.

silverRanger wrote:missed again!!! it's third turn i've missed the attack mercs. my page simply does not load that fast!

this merc system should be changed! i suggest putting bigger amounts on sale or making them available according to your unit production: for example, if i have 100 units per day production, i can buy max 25 mercs/round.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

chunkysoup wrote:and too bad that completely screws over all the poor people... whos gonna outbid apophis? yea thought so

The hint is in the name - Mercenary - someone who fights for the highest bidder????

And it doesn't really screw over the poor people - I have been playing sincemid February and have done quite well without mercs until I purchased my first ones three weeks back - the newer players should concentrate on unit production first anyway in order to increase their untrained strength and, hence, naquadah - that is exactly what I did!
Mod Speak
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Lord_Zeus wrote:I think that is a great idea, and in regards to outbidding someone, you may just have to aim for less men, at a higher price, sure Apophis can outbid you, but it will cost him say 5000 /merc for 100, while you 6000 for 20. you still get some, the price is just increase, or decreased, depending on how much demand there is for them. Simply dont get greedy, get a few and pay a possibly higher price.

Exactl!!!! Right on the nail there my friend!!

The hardest part will be to decide how many mercs are avialble per turn - or to randomize it!
Mod Speak
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

Re: damn!

_Apophis__ wrote:download FireFox at http://www.getfirefox.com , its a browser and faster then I.E. ( it is faster for me, dont know about other players.. ) i hope it helps.

use opera....its the fastest browser there is...and hase some more advanteges...:)...but louck for opera 6.0 not the latest...;)
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

Wolf359 wrote:Or - how about - the first 5 minutes of each turn is like a blind merc auction - you have to input the number of mercs you want and the price you are willing to pay for them (can only make 1 bid per turn) - after the five minutes are up, the highest bidder(s) receive the mercs and have their naq debited.

example 200 mercs available:

A bids for 200 at 3000 naq/merc

B bids for 100 at 4000 naq/merc

C bids for 150 at 4200 naq/merc

Therefore C gets 150, B gets 50 and A gets 0.

i produce a lot of naq per turn so i will probably win some bid but what about the otehrs that don't a system liek that wouldn't be fair to them mind u i know people making a million naq per turn and i know i can't compete with that

Return to “Suggestions Archive”