Latest Game Updates - Slightly Odd for Offence

SheedyStar
Forum Newbie

Latest Game Updates - Slightly Odd for Offence

So here is the thing. Please no-one think I am having a whinge, it is just something that I am noting and wondering if anyone else is seeing this the same way.

Heres the deal. In order to get over some of the defense systems now (some are around 70 mill), and if you are at war with them, you need 70 mill plus in attack. You all know that. The problem being that if you have 70+ mill in attack, it costs you at least 2.5 - 3 mill plus in naq per 15 turn attack. Actually, and I am not exagerating as I tried to sustain it for a little while, that is just retraining men. Then there is repairs. Then there is the loss of income by losing more untrained.

So (and I am sure, to some extent a relief to certain players) I have had to cut my attack in half just to keep it self sufficient. The biggest weapon against the massive defense weapons of the big guns suddenly become the little people.

Huh? I hear you say. Well the only way they will be able to be bought down is by a few little people with around 300 - 400 turns each and about 9 main offense weapons and 9 super offense. The cost is minimal but the damage is maximum. Combine these ppl together, and roughly half an hour (I know I have participated in a few rushes -ie: quantum) and you can bring down anyone and destroy all of their weapons, and take all of their men.

Is it just me, or does this sound slightly odd. That the bigger you are, the more redundant you become. The smaller you are, the more dangerous you become.

I would have thought a bigger army would do more damage then a practically non existant army. A big army would destroy a defense and overwhelm them before massive losses occured. Where as a small army would have a long and sustained battle with many more casualties.

Anyways as it stands you can bring a big player down with three little minions ranked in the 2000's with less then ten weapons and less then 10 soldiers, yet you cant with a player with 1000 weapons and 1000 super troops. (Unless you got over 900 mill to repair and retrain soldiers etc etc)

Does anyone else think this is weird?
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Not really weird. As casualties depends on army size it was expected that losses would increase over time. However, the increase in naq in the open isn't rising at the same rate as the cost of losses. This makes attacking in the later game less than useful.

J.G.G.
why I'm no longer Tauri
Revolutionary
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Yeah, that needs to be changed, at your level it would be hard to even make naquada out of an attack. I think I posted something about weapon damage in another thread that might be an idea.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Soon the goa'uld will rule the galaxy. Muahahahaha :twisted: :-D :wink:

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
SheedyStar
Forum Newbie

Yes was costing around 5 mill to steal 2 - 3 mill. Not real good business sense.

Sorry Slepnir, but a little Tauri with 9 weapons and two brothers cvan bring down any Goa'uld in 20 minutes. <-- That doesnt make for a long life of ruling the world! :(

Still I have adjusted my game plan and come up with a few new ones. But attacking as you advance has really become redundant now, which as Slepnir kindly pointed out, severely undermines the advantage of being a Tauri. (ie: why have massive attack if it costs you 2 mill+ to use it)

I know it sounds like I am whinging, but I am not really. Just making a point. And I am not complaining I will change me game. But food for thought for Forum in the next update I would imagine. I actually wonder whether the last few changes werent bought about due to the overwhelming success of recent attacks....ie: an evener upper.
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

This is certainly something for forum to think about for the next wave..

It's much cooler to have battles among the equaly powerfull players (and also smaller guys hitting bigger guys) , then just sitting there being a big guy and being picked on...
Muhahu?!
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

SheedyStar wrote:Sorry Slepnir, but a little Tauri with 9 weapons and two brothers cvan bring down any Goa'uld in 20 minutes. <-- That doesnt make for a long life of ruling the world! :(

Let have a go at me. Not much there to destroy. Only thing they can do atm is take my naq. And I bank most of it.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
SheedyStar
Forum Newbie

If there not much there to destroy then you are not highly ranked (I know as I pattened the move), and therefore are not in control of the world.

Besides I didnt post this to have a us versus you discussion, I was just trying to point out something that I thought was not right, and figured this was the forum for it.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

You're absolutely right. :wink:

Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Spykie wrote:This is certainly something for forum to think about for the next wave..

It's much cooler to have battles among the equaly powerfull players (and also smaller guys hitting bigger guys) , then just sitting there being a big guy and being picked on...

the next wave - I doubt the game will be reset - most people don't want a reset and we now have Quantum so why have a reset??? Additionally, I hear rumours of an 'Ascended' game.

Nobody wants a reset!! do they?
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
SheedyStar
Forum Newbie

To much time and effort has gone into for new waves. I agree Wolf.

But the current set up needs immediate tinkering.

Let me put it this way. I ahve basically sold all me offense today and just upped my unit production.

Why? Cause I am about to bring a few players down a few rungs and it far to expensive to do it with a decent offence.

It is ridiculous really but there you have it. In order to be a strong enough to take down a player you need to be weak enough in offence to afford it. Then all ya need is three of you with some turns.

Just doesnt make sense. :? :shock: :? :shock: :?
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

Wolf359 wrote:Nobody wants a reset!! do they?

Certainely not on the mainserver! :oops:
I ment the next wave on quantum actually...
Muhahu?!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”