Shared Internet Location BUG nowhere near each other

DUDEY
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Shared Internet Location BUG nowhere near each other

''You cannot trade with one who has shared your internet location, or with whom you or they have shared their account login.''

My friend got this messege when he tryed to do a trade broker trade with me, my 1 uu for his 300mill naq

I sent him the 300mill naq the old way
then i was going to see if the cash would go into my bank even tho it was full + a couple bill (From another trade broker trade)

then he gets that messege
''You cannot trade with one who has shared your internet location, or with whom you or they have shared their account login.''

Funny, because this guy dosent live anywhere near me, ive never been to his house, or logged into his account here, and hes never logged into mine.
So he trys sending the naq back the old way and he then gets this

That user has shared your internet location. Transfer to users from the same location are not possible, except by specific permission (you can apply by
email to: mailto:gameAdmin@stargatewars.com ).
Please use subject: SG_Wars: 25438 wishes IP exception for IP **.***.***.*** and explain why you need this functionality.
Please understand that this limitation is in place to prevent multi account abuse,

So then i try and send him 1 naq, and guess what i can?
I can send him stuff but he cant send me stuff

He will email admin later on if we dont get a response here.

Sorry for long post lol
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Re: Shared Internet Location BUG nowhere near each other

if you got this error, you WERE near eachother, or logged into each others' accounts. there is no other way.
DUDEY wrote:''You cannot trade with one who has shared your internet location, or with whom you or they have shared their account login.''

My friend got this messege when he tryed to do a trade broker trade with me, my 1 uu for his 300mill naq

then i was going to see if the cash would go into my bank even tho it was full + a couple bill (From another trade broker trade)

Funny, because this guy dosent live anywhere near me, ive never been to his house, or logged into his account here, and hes never logged into mine.

That user has shared your internet location. Transfer to users from the same location are not possible, except by specific permission (you can apply by
Please use subject: SG_Wars: 25438 wishes IP exception for IP **.***.***.*** and explain why you need this functionality.
Please understand that this limitation is in place to prevent multi account abuse,

Sorry for long post lol
thunder
Forum Intermediate

but why is only one of the accounts not alowed to trade with one another?
If you listen to what i say you'll learn lots
if you argue with what i say you'll lose
if you disagree with what i say your an idiot

I AM A DEBATOR FROM SASKATCHEWAN YAH

Shal Kek Nem Ron
MoonDoggie
Forum Grunt

Share the same ISP? You guys could have theoretically shared an old IP or something through how address blocks and stuff are setup.
#?#

MoonDoggie wrote:Share the same ISP? You guys could have theoretically shared an old IP or something through how address blocks and stuff are setup.

Yeah sometimes entire regions have the almost same IP and it gets caught by the Shared IP protection..
Tshukk
Forum Newbie

Each time I turn on my computer and router, my ISP is different - not by much, but that may be your cause.
Ripsaw
Fledgling Forumer

Tshukk wrote:Each time I turn on my computer and router, my ISP is different - not by much, but that may be your cause.

Wait, are you talking about your (between PC and router) IP or your (router to net) IP? Unless your ISP uses some kind of dynamic allocation system, I think your IP-to-net would be the same...your "internal network IP" might change when the router boots and assigns IPs.
MAIN: Ripsaw [zero Target]

zero Target External/Internal Affairs Officer
My History
slicky
Forum Irregular

if you are on the same ISP it can cause that, AOL seems to have that problem, i cant send/trade with someone that lives 450 miles away whom i have never met because of it.

With some ISP's entire areas can have the same IP.
~BARBARIAN~ wrote:sounds like your jelous i trained my doberman to suck my private...
DUDEY
Forum Regular

Forum wrote:if you got this error, you WERE near eachother, or logged into each others' accounts. there is no other way.

Im sorry, but not gonna happen
I live in Berkshire, he lives in manchester (How far away are they? about 120 miles?)

Ive never been there, and never even tryed to loginto his account, nor has he even tryed to log in to my account

--Before you sorted a problem out when i wanted to send naq to a friend, but we had logged into school so shared the same I.P
But neither of us could send anything to each other, just weird i can send, but he cant send to me.--

Im on NTL World as my ISP
And my friend (Who i have this problem with) is on bt broadband

So the I.P couldnt get mixed up.

Now, could you just allow him to send to me, because its blatent hes not ... me

Thanks, but i still think this is a bug
JADEN
Forum Newbie

im the one who cant send him stuff but he can still send to me :? i dont even no where berkshire is never mind have i been there. and ive had mates log onto my pc before and we couldnt send to each other so this must be a bug or something
Rukia
Forum Elite

no its not a bug...i've heard that large areas of the UK share the same IP
Rukia previously known as Shizune

Sode no Shirayuki! Hakuren!

"Those who abandon their friends are worse than trash" - Uchiha Obito

*does Kuroigakure no justu and vanishes*

Artiglio
Forum Regular

Shizune wrote:no its not a bug...i've heard that large areas of the UK share the same IP

ui think he's talkin about one person can send and the other cant ... makes no sence :?
JADEN
Forum Newbie

Artiglio wrote:
Shizune wrote:no its not a bug...i've heard that large areas of the UK share the same IP

ui think he's talkin about one person can send and the other cant ... makes no sence :?

yeah, as i said i have people who ive shared the same ip with and we cant send to each other, but dudey can send to me but i cant send to him and ive never heard of this happening before so it must be a bug
Dark Bahamut
Forum Elite

if DUDEY has gotten permission from forum to trade with someone that has shared the same internet IP then he is able to send to anyone that has used his IP address but the other guy cant cos he hasnt gotten permission from forum

Sticks and stones will break your bones but Dark Bahamut will hunt down and kill your entire family.
killoch08
Forum Newbie

Forum wrote:if you got this error, you WERE near eachother, or logged into each others' accounts. there is no other way.
DUDEY wrote:''You cannot trade with one who has shared your internet location, or with whom you or they have shared their account login.''

Sorry for long post lol

in all fairness forum this happened between me and dark bahamut a few weeks ago with pretty much the same outcome. he could send me stuff but i couldnt send him stuff, then the next day it was fixed. srry but this is a real bug that needs fixing . ( bummer )

oh and dnt wrry dudey , it will be all normal tomorrow

( on an intresting side note i think its just eircom ( irish internet provider ) is totally f**ed up, my friend is an admin on another site and he checked my ip address, it was registered to a company in the center of the city )

Return to “Bugs Archive”