Random Events

AbonZel

Random Events

This post was inspired by someone else's post...

How about random events? Finding a particularly rich source of naquadah that gives a short term bonus to income, being attacked by some random race (and if you win, you get some resources from them), etc.

Normally I favor random events because it makes the game more... interesting... but it also smashes the game sometimes. I know I would be bloody annoyed if a meteor randomly hit my planet and destroyed my stuff :p I just wanted to post it for comments... perhaps someone will have a better idea or something...
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Re: Random Events

AbonZel wrote:This post was inspired by someone else's post...

How about random events? Finding a particularly rich source of naquadah that gives a short term bonus to income, being attacked by some random race (and if you win, you get some resources from them), etc.

Normally I favor random events because it makes the game more... interesting... but it also smashes the game sometimes. I know I would be bloody annoyed if a meteor randomly hit my planet and destroyed my stuff :p I just wanted to post it for comments... perhaps someone will have a better idea or something...

brnigs back memorys of last era of the Ascension server of Times of Conquest ( http://www.kingdomgames.com/ )
where the two biggest negative random effects i got were the same thing:

it gave me extra land which then proceeded to knock me into the attack range of the guy above me... resulting in me eventually falling a dozen ranks... yeah... fun stuff, the 'positive' random effect was my biggest downfall...

ok yeah that took that and totally when to a story most of you prolly didn't want to hear... err... read...

but hey, that was from my experiance of random events...

fun stuff really, but sometimes good ones managed to find ways to be EVIL!

enough of my ranting
Psi Kiya Trist
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Elite Anubis Guard
Forum Newbie

itd be nice but theyd have to be well thought out events!
the3rdlibra

random events -backs off and makes the sign of the cross-

-=StE=- nuuuukkkesss!!!!!
mark

yhea

thats a grate idea personaly i think it should be on the top of the improvement's list!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
myFriend

i do not thing random events should be in as an improve ment. this game is all about strategy and not about how lucky can i bee to day.

i like this idea in theory...until i get hit by an earthquake and half my forces are devasted at which point i will curse it to my grave
AbonZel

Indeed.

Here's another thought... what about GM run events? For example, an alien race appears and starts attacking players, but is under control of the designer or someone he designates.
NoDot
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

AbonZel wrote:Here's another thought... what about GM run events? For example, an alien race appears and starts attacking players, but is under control of the designer or someone he designates.
It would have to be an unbiased and uncorruptable individual.

OTOH, if it was random, then it wouldn't be too bad. Just think of it:
Your troops engage the enemy.
From nowhere, a large fleet of ships arrive and decimate both armies.
1 <fill in attack unit> comes back to tell this tale.
Trade Feedback Thread for NoDot
You recieved 980 Naquadriah in exchange for 490,000 Units!
Don't! Just...don't!
lightningsg39

thst would cool if you logon and you gained over 100,000 in 1 day
NoDot
Forum Irregular

lightningsg39 wrote:thst would cool if you logon and you gained over 100,000 in 1 day
Some people are already getting that. You'd only need a little over 2000 Naquada per day.
Don't! Just...don't!
Futhark
Forum Newbie

But it mostly gets stolen :(
Futhark were Norse Runes.

http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com
NoDot
Forum Irregular

Futhark wrote:But it mostly gets stolen :(
I know :x...
Don't! Just...don't!
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

NoDot wrote:
lightningsg39 wrote:thst would cool if you logon and you gained over 100,000 in 1 day
Some people are already getting that. You'd only need a little over 2000 Naquada per day.

snap! that means i get almost 500k a day...

gee and i thought my salary was low...
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...

Return to “Suggestions Archive”