The Tauri Iris

dmwolfman[TA]
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 12056

The Tauri Iris

I am a big fan of Stargate SG-1. When I started playing this game I was really excited. One thing bothers me though. Where is the Tauri Iris. That is one of the most used defense that the Tauri use. It is in almost every single episode and is one of the Tauri achievements. I hope that the makers of the game would add this to the Tauri in the game as maybe a defense upgrade. It cant be a defense weapon cause there would be no point to have more than one. I hope this somewhat helped yall out.
Shiloh
Forum Newbie

Agreed, they should replace the current Tauri fortificaion levels with something like barbed wire (you start out with), blast doors (first upgrade), and then the irsis (last upgrade). And for the Asgard, it'd be neat if they replace one of their fortification levels with Thor's Hammer.
dmwolfman[TA]
Forum Newbie

Well I was hoping they could add it in at the end. So humans could have more defense than they do cause.......
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
ID: 0
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

i supose u have equal new foritfaction elvels for the reps asgard and goauld in mind ?
dmwolfman[TA]
Forum Newbie

Well. It wouldnt be too hard. Like above the Thor's Hammer for the asgard.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

The point is - whoever said the attacks are coming via the Stargate???

The Iris is, however a good idea - which could be implemented if gate addresses were to come into play.

For example.....

You would need to open the iris to send a team out to attack via the gate (not current attack methodology) - a new feature could be that while you have a team out attacking the iris must remain open for a certain number of turns - giving a window of opportunity for an enemy to attack through the gate (if they have your address).

At present it is not even clear if Stargates actually exist in the game - atatcking seems to be done via space travel (X-302s are too big to fit through the gate).

So we could start a new thread of attack/defence - you have to purchase a Stargate to allow 'Stargate' attacks (as long as you have someone's address to attack) and then you could later purchase an iris to stop enemy 'Stargate' attacks. Use of the iris would have to cost a significant amount of naquadah in order to ensure that it is not left on permanently - and would also have to remain open for a specified number of turns (2-3) following a 'Stargate' attack on an enemy - giving a window of opportunity for others to retaliate, exploit your position.

This could even introduce SG-Teams into the game!!!

Think I'll post as a separate suggestion!
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
dmwolfman[TA]
Forum Newbie

Ok. Well you know the fact that the game is Stargate, kinda implies that there are stargates. You dont have to be an ass in stating your opinion. I might be reading it wrong but you sounded like you think you know everything.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

dmwolfman wrote:Ok. Well you know the fact that the game is Stargate, kinda implies that there are stargates. You dont have to be an ass in stating your opinion. I might be reading it wrong but you sounded like you think you know everything.

Yes, you are reading it wrong - and I don't appreciate being called an ass!

I'm sorry if I am putting forward a possible suggestion to improve the game! At least I have something meaningful to say in here!

I am simply stating my opinion based on my experience of the game and knowledge of the TV show - if you do not agree with it, fine - but try and find a more mature method of putting your point across instead of throwing insults.

Okay?
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
dmwolfman[TA]
Forum Newbie

First I am not insulting or throwing insults. Your the one that shot down my idea. OK? Dont come into here and try and make me look like an idiot. Why dont you word better so it doesnt sound like your better than everyone else. Up there I said your kinda sounding like an ass. You could of replied nicely and say something like "Oh. Sorry. I like the idea but there are a few defects" You on the other hand just shot it down. Please dont come in here if your just going to act like a jerk.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

dmwolfman wrote:First I am not insulting or throwing insults. Your the one that shot down my idea. OK? Dont come into here and try and make me look like an idiot. Why dont you word better so it doesnt sound like your better than everyone else. Up there I said your kinda sounding like an ass. You could of replied nicely and say something like "Oh. Sorry. I like the idea but there are a few defects" You on the other hand just shot it down. Please dont come in here if your just going to act like a jerk.

I've re-read my post and....no, sorry, but it does not read like I think I'm better than anyone else.

However, since you brought up the point of the way I worded things....

You said: You dont have to be an ass in stating your opinion.

I said: I don't appreciate being called an ass!

You replied: I said your kinda sounding like an ass

I think you need to check your own posts to see what you actually said.

Incidentally - I was not shooting down your idea - I was expanding upon it to try to improve it - which is the whole point of posting here - to discuss ideas of how to improve the game.

Check out some of the other threads - you will find that this is how we do things here - someone posts, people agree/disagree/shoot it down/ suggest improvements - I believe I did the latter.

If you don't like people taking your suggestions and changing them - then I suggest that you do not post here anymore - some people in here are a damn sight less tactful than me. I am one of the better ones - trust me!!

Is there a moderator in the house??
Mod Speak
dmwolfman[TA]
Forum Newbie

Whatever. I dont have to listen to you. I know how this hole posting thing is ok? Anyone else have any opinion about this idea. Constructive critism only.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

I suggest we carry this on through private messaging........
Mod Speak
Saturnine
Forum Regular
Race: Goauld
ID: 9570

dmwolfman wrote:Ok. Well you know the fact that the game is Stargate, kinda implies that there are stargates. You dont have to be an ass in stating your opinion. I might be reading it wrong but you sounded like you think you know everything.

whooooooaa! That was way uncalled for! I do not think wolf was even attempting to sound like an ass or trying to imply he knows everything! This is what I like to call sellective listening.

Opinions are opinions! Man, If they are that fragile to you, keep em to yourself? BC everyone has their own! Everyone is going to express what they think!! Welcome to the internet!

maybe we need to start a poll on this for newbies:

Do you feel sabbed/attacked more than usual after YOU act like an ass on the forum?
yes?
no?

I guarentee a good percent of all sabs/attacks out of spite come from threads like these. I'd say I was sorry if I were you? (I've been in your shoes before dmwolfman, step lightly here!!)
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

lol

and thanks for the support saturnine - thought I was going bonkers there for a minute!!
Mod Speak
Shiloh
Forum Newbie

Wolf359 wrote:At present it is not even clear if Stargates actually exist in the game - atatcking seems to be done via space travel (X-302s are too big to fit through the gate).

Isn't it possible to disassemble x-302s to take them throught the gate? I thought gateworld said something about that. Not sure, could be wrong.
Of course, I assumed that attacks were through the stargate since motherships weren't implemented, and I thought motherships were the only way of interstellar travel. Again, could be wrong here.
Perhaps, we could intergrate these? Have one set of fortifications for stargate attacks, and once motherships are implemented, another set of fortifications for those?

Amon Ra: I wasn't talking of adding defences, just renaming them, and I think it'd be cool if they could think of more apt names for the Go'uald and Replicater fortifications as well. It's a great game, but I think the names could be perfected, obviously a minor cosmetic change, but important to some nonetheless :)

Return to “Suggestions Archive”