None of the above
15%

Total votes: 26
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Curb PPT or remove it alltogether?

After reading the posts about ppt, I must admit it has been abused. I'll hold my hand up and admit I've abused it once or twice. After all, let's face it, ppl donate now for the PPT, the actual benefits of donating are a miniscule compared to the overall scope of the game. What I suggest is this? Either PPT be removed totally, or it be reduced to 12 hours.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
Replisean
Fledgling Forumer

being abused??? thats the understatement of the century, the favourite thing now is to transfer all troops to one guy so he has like 50k untrained then get 2 days worth of protected naq and share with the group...the money should be put automatically in the bank, maybe what you get should be highered as a compromise to most people 250k naq and 100 soldiers is 3-4 hours work on the game (im talkin about the troops here not naq) the ppt is the only reason people buy the supporter status maybe if you got 1000 troops a unit production level 100 bots attack and def as well as 5million naq in the bank that would be well worth it.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Now that untrained troops cannot be killed in battle I agree that the sole purpose of PPT (especially in the methods described above) is to gain, and keep, naq.

But then again, if people want to donate to do that........

Back in the days (not that long ago actually) when untrained could be klled in battle, I think it was a fair tactic, now I'm not so sure.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
BrosÅn © [boycott]
Forum Newbie

I voted for removal.
PPT are for cowards. I rather suggest that SGW should provide a more interesting "package" when ppl want SS. Send those ppl who want to join a mug or a T-shirt or "something", I don't care... BUT PPT... that's LOW :!:
Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim - Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you.
BrosÅn © [boycott]
Forum Newbie

Why not let the ppl make their choice?

"Yes, I want to be protected by PPT" (clear explanation or instruction about the meaning of PPT must be given to the potential player requesting SS)

"No, I want a honourable fight in the game"

These options would balance the current Poll, No!?
Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim - Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you.
myFriend
Fledgling Forumer

it rally sucks that you and your frinds can send a frind all your units give them $20 (made in about 4hr on min wage) and then they don't have to worie about lossing any thing. mean while the rest of us are banking about every 1 1/2hr. and lossing sleep.
I am dyslexic and i did do spell check. sarry for the type-o's

i will face my fears and let them past though me; we live we die... but not in vain; OO for cying out loud; Sir with all disrespect, I don't give a dam
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

How about ppt not protecting the player completely, it just provides a certain percentage of covert defense and defense action for 2 days.

I'll explain: in real life treaties can theoretically be broken, to the cost of wars. When a treaty is broken, certain nations will flare up against the law breaker, so either have a better defense for ppt or certain negative consequences to the one that infringes upon ppt, like maybe: "Soldiers are less eager to join you, your unit production has been diminished by 40% for the next 4 days." Just ideas...
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

myFriend wrote:it rally sucks that you and your frinds can send a frind all your units give them $20 (made in about 4hr on min wage) and then they don't have to worie about lossing any thing. mean while the rest of us are banking about every 1 1/2hr. and lossing sleep.

If you are banking every 1.5 hours - I would suggest that you need to get out more.

:-D
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

hey thats a great idea, what if the ppt instead of totally protecting you like triples your defence and doubles your spy rating?
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

what happens if they have little defense and covert.. then they would still be low..

my idea would be to have units and their naq say ???? that way they can be attacked but it would deter people attacking them coz they have no idea if they have any naq out or how big their defense is.
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

yeah, what if it gave a bonus though related to your other stats as well as say a base bonus of 3 mil defence. And yes it should say ??? as well I think. We do need to keep in mind however that this is how the server is payed.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Lord Dougy wrote:what happens if they have little defense and covert.. then they would still be low..

my idea would be to have units and their naq say ???? that way they can be attacked but it would deter people attacking them coz they have no idea if they have any naq out or how big their defense is.

That doesn't stop some people from trying anyway.

How about this, I heard this idea some time ago. Give supporters a couple of points they can spend on benefits they want. Possible benefits:
-Untrained units
-Turns
-Naquadah
-PPT (as a benefit, not to protect your gains)

The points can be spent when the player logs on, so there's no risk of anything being stolen.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

I just think that their should be only 2 ways to become part of the PPT... Vacation mode, and when you first start out
Unknown
Fledgling Forumer

What if instead of going under PPT you get a sort of time dialation device and get 1 turn every 15 mins and all it's benefits for 48 hours but no protection?
Another idea would be to have a choice of either Naq, Turns, or unit production increases in level with the amount of donation?
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

loki79 wrote:What if instead of going under PPT you get a sort of time dialation device and get 1 turn every 15 mins and all it's benefits for 48 hours but no protection?
Another idea would be to have a choice of either Naq, Turns, or unit production increases in level with the amount of donation?
ahh, no, that would just take the point out of gettin it coz u would have to stay on for hours spendin ur naq so it dont get stolen, the ppt is great as it is now, leave it alone, i dont donte or nothin but it funds the game, if it wasn't there people wouldn't donate and u wouldn't have a game, so stop complaining

Return to “Suggestions Archive”