Attack "Weight classes"?

Xhéralt
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Attack "Weight classes"?

The lowly are incapable of touching the mighty, but the mighty can reach down to even the 5000's and farm.

SO - how about a resriction on how far up or down the rankings one can attack, by virtue of what is actually displayed on your attack screen? Maybe +/- 1000 ranks? +/- 1500? Of course, if you know names, you might be allowed to attack regardless.

This gives the newbies time to build without getting stomped, whilee leaving a reasonably large target selection available.
_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_
............Xhéralt.............
.General Representative.
.....Asgard Protected......
......Member Treaty........
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

Yes.... this one I agree with
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

This is already in effect because there is a rank attack modifyer for a page one player to reach and take money from a player in the 5000's they ahve to have a hell of a lot of money cuz the top players have a lot of weapons reapirs cost a lot things are fine the way they are .

Avatar And Banner Created by BAHAMUT SGWs Number one Graphic designer.
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

but they can still can attack and farm off of them.
Xhéralt
Forum Newbie

Amon Ra wrote:This is already in effect because there is a rank attack modifyer for a page one player to reach and take money from a player in the 5000's they ahve to have a hell of a lot of money cuz the top players have a lot of weapons reapirs cost a lot things are fine the way they are .

The rank attack modifier doesn't mean much because even 10% of a 100M-strength attack is enough to overwhelm 1000 defense. The attack level difference means that maybe only a theoretical max of 10M Naq could be stolen instead of 50M -- which becomes irrelevant, as there isn't even 10M available (in most cases) to even be stolen.

The only way to really guarantee the safety of lower ranks is to block attacks atogether.

This also insulates the top ranks from ant-swarm attacks of newbies, which would make them happier, too. :) Ant-swarm attacks of mid-ranked players are still possible, of course :D
_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_
............Xhéralt.............
.General Representative.
.....Asgard Protected......
......Member Treaty........
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

Sorry mate, I am not with you on this one, because Many people including myself have 1 or 2 very high ratings in something, and virtually nothing in another. For example someone might have rank 100 strike, rank 300 covert, and rank 4000 defence, which keeps him at about overall rank 1000. A person who has insane defence shouldnt be able to hide down lower in the ranks where others cant touch him simply because he has neglected attack or covert.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Vogon_Poet wrote:
Amon Ra wrote:This is already in effect because there is a rank attack modifyer for a page one player to reach and take money from a player in the 5000's they ahve to have a hell of a lot of money cuz the top players have a lot of weapons reapirs cost a lot things are fine the way they are .

The rank attack modifier doesn't mean much because even 10% of a 100M-strength attack is enough to overwhelm 1000 defense. The attack level difference means that maybe only a theoretical max of 10M Naq could be stolen instead of 50M -- which becomes irrelevant, as there isn't even 10M available (in most cases) to even be stolen.

The only way to really guarantee the safety of lower ranks is to block attacks atogether.

This also insulates the top ranks from ant-swarm attacks of newbies, which would make them happier, too. :) Ant-swarm attacks of mid-ranked players are still possible, of course :D

Remember, the rank modifier also affedts the rewards of an attack. If a low ranked player has enough to catch enough interest of a high ranked player to forget about the rank modifier and attack anyway, it probably means the player has enough to start moving up a few ranks.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Elemental_FIRE
Fledgling Forumer

It is unrealistic though. Why shouldn't Ra attack some backwater planet filled with gold cause they are weak? Or The replicators get a strategically metal source from simple minded fools?
Replisean
Fledgling Forumer

Vogon_Poet wrote:
as there isn't even 10M available (in most cases) to even be stolen.

theres always between 8-10 million to be stolen u just got to have enough powers and know where to look.
Valhalla
Fledgling Forumer

Lord_Zeus wrote:Sorry mate, I am not with you on this one, because Many people including myself have 1 or 2 very high ratings in something, and virtually nothing in another. For example someone might have rank 100 strike, rank 300 covert, and rank 4000 defence, which keeps him at about overall rank 1000. A person who has insane defence shouldnt be able to hide down lower in the ranks where others cant touch him simply because he has neglected attack or covert.

I agree after all u should be able to attack any one. Also say i want to attack someone not for cash but because they are are constantly attcking an officer of mine i may not be able to help that officer so that person could hide behind their lower ranking. :smt106
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

if someoen from a low rank attacks you, what's it giong to do??? make you use 1/4 of your naq/turn to repair your weapons... You farm off of weaklings, and they don't even have a fighting chance. **Filtered**... thats all you are
Valhalla
Fledgling Forumer

xcrunnermr06 wrote:if someoen from a low rank attacks you, what's it giong to do??? make you use 1/4 of your naq/turn to repair your weapons... You farm off of weaklings, and they don't even have a fighting chance. **Filtered**... thats all you are

Hey i said about protecting officers not farming players lower in the rankings than me or them attacking me. Any way what did u expect most people attack people lower than them in the rankings unless they happen to be tauri in which case they have usualy got the abilty to attack players above them u know 25% attack bonuse. It happened to me when i was lower in the ranks .Any way this would advantage some players if this was made into a udate i could sell attack weapons buy some more defence weapons and build up enough cash to make a jump into the top ranks cause it would be hard for players around me to get through my defence cause im asgaurd allowing me to build up the cash
Ps what race are u?
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

I'm a tauri, and I know what your saying, but maybe you can get someone your at peace with to help you out. I'm just trying to cut down on the farming.
Valhalla
Fledgling Forumer

xcrunnermr06 wrote:I'm a tauri, and I know what your saying, but maybe you can get someone your at peace with to help you out. I'm just trying to cut down on the farming.

I understand what your saying but personaly i perfer to do my own work after all what kind of commander would i be other wise. Also what would u say is farming? :-k
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

Valha'lla wrote:
xcrunnermr06 wrote:I'm a tauri, and I know what your saying, but maybe you can get someone your at peace with to help you out. I'm just trying to cut down on the farming.

I understand what your saying but personaly i perfer to do my own work after all what kind of commander would i be other wise. Also what would u say is farming? :-k

I would say that farming is painting someone with a lot lower rank then you and steeling all their naq multiple times. Knowing damn well that they can't do anything about it now, or anytime in the near future

Return to “Suggestions Archive”