Race Strength/Weaknesses and Realism

Jutah
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Race Strength/Weaknesses and Realism

The replicators are by common consensus the weakest race. Also in the series replicators never actually do much spying, thay just create more of themselves. On that point wouldn't it be more realistic to increase their unit production upgrades by only one or two per level? The price would remain constant, but the impact would be slightly increased.
The Dalek Empire
Fledgling Forumer

I disgree - before Replicators even consider multiplying, they shut down any systems that can detect them. Hence, they are good spies - they get around defences and detection systems with little difficulty. It is only after they make themselves undetectable that they begin to replicate.

It would be nice to see a Replicator replication bonus though - perhaps if the fabled "third set of bonuses" are ever implemented.
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

this topic a can be argued both ways to no end
Chris M
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 13122

i rekon Jutah is right! there sole purpose is too replicate, so shouldn't it be easy to have a massive army?
UPD should be cheaper
RETIRED
Jutah
Forum Grunt

Cheaper and it could be abused by other races. If it's one extra unit for every level you have, then u'd need to be a permenant replicator.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Jutah wrote:Cheaper and it could be abused by other races. If it's one extra unit for every level you have, then u'd need to be a permenant replicator.

Sigh, not again. You get 4/3 the units of other races. The Goa'uld get 5/4 the income. Guess who's not gonna be happy. Well, I guess all other races are going to be unhappy because the reps would outgrow them exponentially, in units first, and after that in income, weapons, spylevels, everything.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

I really like this idea, Replicators are considered the weakest race, the best thing about them is that you dont see 50 topics started about them complaining, they have a bonus that doesn't have any impact on their stats, they live with that, they have a 10% discount on spy lvl which almost all races have taken advantage of already and still they have never screamed from the roof tops...

The replicators just quietly replicate in their corners trying to one day overwhelm you by numbers

Maybe it's that the replicators dont complain as much as the other races have about their bonus that they have been considered the weakest race, maybe they are the weakest race and just have had some good players, maybe I should stop posting here before the Tauri think I'm talking about them when I mention the people that complain about their race bonus...
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
Jutah
Forum Grunt

I've done the math, when you add one unit per level the increase is only 332 extra units at 1000 upgrade. With two units per level it is 664 extra. As you can see it takes a lonn time to be of any true use, but every little helps. It could be doubled, but then it could get exponential.
Valhalla
Fledgling Forumer

replijake wrote:I really like this idea, Replicators are considered the weakest race, the best thing about them is that you dont see 50 topics started about them complaining, they have a bonus that doesn't have any impact on their stats, they live with that, they have a 10% discount on spy lvl which almost all races have taken advantage of already and still they have never screamed from the roof tops...

The replicators just quietly replicate in their corners trying to one day overwhelm you by numbers

Maybe it's that the replicators dont complain as much as the other races have about their bonus that they have been considered the weakest race, maybe they are the weakest race and just have had some good players, maybe I should stop posting here before the Tauri think I'm talking about them when I mention the people that complain about their race bonus...

I agree after a responce on another topic replicators in general like their advantage, the ability to get ur spie levle up cheaper and more quickly equals less people able to see your naquiter so less people are likely to rob u. :-D After all how often have u attacked somone with ??? on there army size and naquiter amount.
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

Jutah wrote:I've done the math, when you add one unit per level the increase is only 332 extra units at 1000 upgrade. With two units per level it is 664 extra. As you can see it takes a lonn time to be of any true use, but every little helps. It could be doubled, but then it could get exponential.

only ONLY ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! an extra 332units/day means and extra 9,960 naq/turn vs. The guauld who makes and extra 7500 at 1000 units. That would put the Reps at way too big of an advantage if you keep the spy level and everything else in.
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

replicators arnt weak there just a few of us to not make a difference in the Universe domination thing
Owen
Forum Irregular

and i bet if this happened about 20 threads of tauri complaining would show up
Shiloh
Forum Newbie

owen9292 wrote:and i bet if this happened about 20 threads of tauri complaining would show up

Guys... I'm tauri, and I don't thik this is such a good idea... jk, jk
Jutah
Forum Grunt

Valid Points

Return to “Suggestions Archive”