Commander Heimdall

Add Another Race

Commander Heimdall

I think that with stargate atlantis being the new show i think u should add the wraith as a race i know you do not know all there weapons but u can make it up and change it when we learn new things. You could also add the ancients if you want to.

please reply
Xanthors
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: DDE
Race: System Lord
ID: 5096

i don't think it to be a good idea, firstly both races are to powerfull one controling pegasus galaxy, and the second with weapons that could wipe whole live in galaxy in seconds, not to mention that now all ancients are ascended beings with godly-powers :lol:
Commander Heimdall

Maybe not the ancients but if u have the wraith that will be fine they will just focus on tauri and goa'uld races for food.

i think it wll be good idea i just want to wait for person who controls it to say yes or no
SGC_Replicators

what about the To'Kra and the Rebel Jaffa
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin
ID: 0

then u might as well have the rogue NID faction, who use everyones technology goa'uld, asgard...
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:

Yeah, and that outlawed Asgard who cloned O Neil in series 7

don't you in a way already have tok'ra NID and rebel jaffa in the sense that there are people out there that are not playing with undivided loyalty to their own race

No, as actual playable races, like Tauri and Goa'uld
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Anonymous wrote:don't you in a way already have tok'ra NID and rebel jaffa in the sense that there are people out there that are not playing with undivided loyalty to their own race

Good point

GuiltySpark416 wrote:No, as actual playable races, like Tauri and Goa'uld

If you were Tok'ra, then would you not like to appear as a Goa'uld? There's that nagging problem of all Goa'uld hating the Tok'ra and wanting to kill them all and such. I think it would be much better if people played these parts, without everyone knowing their true intentions.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
ArcticDragon

yeah but then tok'ra are really different like they wouldn't have a jaffa army, and they wouldn't enslave a planet and gain that extra money bonus

plus then you have all those alliance that are asgard and tauri only and don't accept goa'uld players

maybe it would be more prudent that races had multiple bonus and weaknesses to allow for more diversity between races, especially since we will be introduced to a new enemy in season 9 and in the new game The Alliance.
Jack Oneill
Forum Newbie

the Tok'ra woudl gain bonouses in stealth where the Replicator's should gain bonouses in numbers. IE for level 1 or 2 production they produce 2 more unit's every 24 hours than everyone else does. Or something like that
World Power 3:
Link: Soon (TM)

Gloria:
Link: http://p200.ezboard.com/bgamegoddess

Star Wars sim:
Currently under construction. Link soon TM

Please send me a instant message if any of these sim's interest you.
NoDot
Forum Irregular

ArcticDragon wrote:yeah but then tok'ra are really different like they wouldn't have a jaffa army, and they wouldn't enslave a planet and gain that extra money bonus
True, but then there's the fact that you need to broadcast the Goa'uld image to the other people.
Trade Feedback Thread for NoDot
You recieved 980 Naquadriah in exchange for 490,000 Units!
Don't! Just...don't!
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Jack Oneill wrote:the Tok'ra woudl gain bonouses in stealth where the Replicator's should gain bonouses in numbers. IE for level 1 or 2 production they produce 2 more unit's every 24 hours than everyone else does. Or something like that

This was suggested elsewhere. Increased unit production would unbalance the game I'm afraid. Currently, the only advantage the goa'uld have is the increased naq production. Giving the replicators extra troop production would effectively give them more naquadah as well. Thus making them way superior to the goa'uld.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Raconar
Forum Grunt

An idea...

I have an idea that might help...If you make an option when you become a Goa'uld to either choose full fledge goa'uld or tokra...The tokra could look exactly the same...the only way to find out they are tokra instead of Goa'uld is to get a recon report on them...and just like all other info there is only a chance of getting it on the first try...their bonuses would be slightly different:

Goa'uld: (same) 25% income increase
Tokra: 10% covert increase bonus when spying on Goa'uld/Tokra, 15% defence bonus, 5% extra defense bonus against Goa'uld/Tokra

I don't think it could be fairly implemented until a new wave, but maybe someone smarter can think of a way...
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Re: An idea...

Raconar wrote:I have an idea that might help...If you make an option when you become a Goa'uld to either choose full fledge goa'uld or tokra...The tokra could look exactly the same...the only way to find out they are tokra instead of Goa'uld is to get a recon report on them...and just like all other info there is only a chance of getting it on the first try...their bonuses would be slightly different:

Goa'uld: (same) 25% income increase
Tokra: 10% covert increase bonus when spying on Goa'uld/Tokra, 15% defence bonus, 5% extra defense bonus against Goa'uld/Tokra

I don't think it could be fairly implemented until a new wave, but maybe someone smarter can think of a way...

The numbers and stuff might need some work, but otherwise I say it's a good idea. Thought about it myself. Problem is, it would give the goa'uld an unfair advantage cause other players wont know what their bonuses are. This can be resolved if the other races get similar choices.
Tauri - NID
Asgard - Rogue asgard (like Loki)
Replicators - ? (human forms, but I don't know if those exist already in some form)

It needs some work, and would probably best be implemented in a new wave, along with other new features that would warrant the addition of new race choices. Currently there's 4 main features to the game: Naquadah, attack, defence and covert. This corresponds to the 4 races. New options could call for new races, but currently, there's no real tangible reason it should be implemented.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”