SS: why are trades all or nothing?

Lørd Søbek
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

SS: why are trades all or nothing?

Today i made a trade deal to send atk turns to s/o and it was all going smoothly until i recieved the payment, at which point ALL my atk turns went to him! He was nice enough to send them back and i thot it my error.

Later, i made another trade deal this time with troops, i sent my troops to him and he sent me naq. When i recieved the naq ALL my troops went to this guy (again nice enough to send them back). He said he also had this problem today while trading with s/o else. Please help, its getting risky to send anything. Or is it my error? :oops:
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

that would be your error.
I dont know what your doing, but when you send people troops and stuff, you have to type in the exact amount to send in order to do so. It then sends the amount you typed in. If you happened to type over the amount you have, however, i believe it sends everything you have, so you may be typing in a extra 0 or something...
Lørd Søbek
Forum Irregular

no, definantly sure i only sent the amount specified and it was not over my limit. It was taken out and i still had troops remaining, and only AFTER i recieved payment did the rest go byebye
High guard
Forum Irregular

I am the guy he traided with, I got 5k of units from him and as soon as I send him the payment I got the rest of his units, the same thing hapened when I bought attack turns from him.
P.S: Wow, this is a first time I am paticapating in discussion about bugs.
"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
Albert Einstein
Akadios
Forum Newbie

Ya this occured when someone was trading to me. He sent the correct ammount then all of a sudden I had all his units I nicely gave them back. This is definatly a occuring bug.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok - i tested this, and I can't replicate it (or i don't quite get it...)

you give someone units.
they get all your units?

you give someone naq.
they get all your naq?

you give someone turns.
they get all your turns?

"trades" are simply 2 individual transfers. they have nothing to do with each other (from my perspective).
So are you saying, perhaps, when you give someone units, you get all their units????

Please help me understand.

(ps - regular, quantum, or both? )

thanks.
admin
Don't make me use this!!!
Lørd Søbek
Forum Irregular

this for me was on regular. Ok, ill try to explain...
-i send someone 30 turns.
-they recieve 30 turns.
-30 turns are removed from my total turns.
-Person sends me naq.
-I recieve naq.
-the rest of my turns go to the person that just sent me the naq.

Another one...
- i send someone 5k troops.
-Person recieves 5k troops.
-5k troops removed from my account.
-Person sends specified amount of naq to me.
-Naq recieved on my account.
-Then all my troops go to the person that just sent me the naq.

i hope this helps :)
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok - since the 2 transactions have nothing to do with each other -- this is what you are reporting:

- all my troops go to the person that just sent me the naq.

-Person sends me naq.
-I recieve naq.
-<all my> turns go to the person that just sent me the naq.

This seems really really odd to me... is there more to it - like this is happening from the same computer, or not done via the 'normal login and click on buttons' method??

So'kek wrote:this for me was on regular. Ok, ill try to explain...
-i send someone 30 turns.
-they recieve 30 turns.
-30 turns are removed from my total turns.
-Person sends me naq.
-I recieve naq.
-the rest of my turns go to the person that just sent me the naq.

Another one...
- i send someone 5k troops.
-Person recieves 5k troops.
-5k troops removed from my account.
-Then all my troops go to the person that just sent me the naq.

i hope this helps :)
Lørd Søbek
Forum Irregular

thats all to my knowledge, i did the transaction on my normal browser, nothing special or unique. Just incase, ill try a trade with a differnt browser to see if it fixes this prob
Lørd Søbek
Forum Irregular

well, i dont want to add to this choatic messy bug but a trading partner of mine just lost 8k troops out in thin air during one of our deals. Same thing happened to him that happened to me with my turns, only his just fell off the face of the server (this is all according to him).

But i did change my browser to Safari instead of Internet Explorer and made a successful trade with someone today without any problems on either side, so its a good news/ bad news situation (dont know if the browser is even remotely connected to this situation but i thot i should mention it)
Farscape
Forum Grunt

I JUST SENT 250 TURNS TO SOMEONE and moments later an extra 250 were missing from my account as well :(
Lørd Søbek
Forum Irregular

u know i think i have a theory; i noticed that when i trade i enter the amount and hit the send xxxx button. Then it sends me to the command center. If i reload the command center, my new browser Safari asks if i want to "resend the form", the form being the code that sent the xxxx to whomever. Internet Explorer did not notify me about resending the form. So instead of reloading the page right after a trade...dont... instead click on the command center button and then u can reload the page

does this make sense to anyone else? It explains my problems (expect that 8k my friend says hes missing, but maybe he was simply mistaken)
smooshable
Forum Expert

Honours and Awards

I've had this happen 3 times and it just happened again - everytime to someone with no SS =(.

Wasn't sending to an account on same computer or using any weird scripts. I sent him 2k of troops as a gift. He gets them, a minute or so later another 2k send, then another (at this point i send all my untrained to a friend who has SS.) The other time it was a smaller number of troops and it kept sending him troops in the smaller amount. I used the same solution, once it dowsn;t have any troops to send it seems to stop.
Indu and proud of it!!
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

i think this is the answer... it has to do with "auto-refresh" or similar...
i will put a fix in, but the user answer is to go to another page after transferring - this will solve it.... assuming the problem is the reposting of the same trade, which i think it is....
also - the receiver should get multiple 'givings' too....so not 'into thin air' ..)
(also also - i do not set your browser settings ;) )

So'kek wrote:u know i think i have a theory; i noticed that when i trade i enter the amount and hit the send xxxx button. Then it sends me to the command center. If i reload the command center, my new browser Safari asks if i want to "resend the form", the form being the code that sent the xxxx to whomever. Internet Explorer did not notify me about resending the form. So instead of reloading the page right after a trade...dont... instead click on the command center button and then u can reload the page

does this make sense to anyone else? It explains my problems (expect that 8k my friend says hes missing, but maybe he was simply mistaken)
High guard
Forum Irregular

Cheers, I really like this new meseging trades thing, Forum, you Rock !
"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
Albert Einstein

Return to “Bugs Archive”