Lørd Søbek
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

ops! nevermind, they're comin' round, thanx forum :-D :-D :-D
Crusher
Forum Grunt
Alliance: BAU
Race: Asgard

RepliJake wrote:People constantly complaining about how annoying this bug is should try to imagine the little child in the back seat "are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?" etc etc

Administration are aware of the problem, they understood it was annoying from the first 10 people that said so... they have said they are trying to fix it, give Forum some time, he never lets people down...

Jake

I dont get annoyed because its stuck, its mainly because ive made the decision to adopt a bunch of noobs who remind me every 30 seconds that the timer is stuck.

I know that admin is god and always works this stuff out, miracles you might say :)
You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel
bryan
Forum Intermediate

from what i have seen from my own account, i think it is a display bug, instead of a forum wide bug. if you sit there refreshing, then the timer gets stuck. if you have been at the site for over 5 min, it gets stuck at the turn. if you have been on the site less than 5 min, it does not get stuck, unless you continue to refresh. if you leave the site for 15mins, the turn gets displayed properly. i do not think anyone is 'losing naq' or 'turns, and i do not think it is a server wide bug that skips turns. all you need to do to still get the mercs is to watch at what time the server clicks over compared to your time (mine is every half-hour, ie 3.05pm, 3.35pm etc), and log in at 3.06pm. i think my computer time is 5 mins slow compared to the server time.

Bryan
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

bryan wrote:from what i have seen from my own account, i think it is a display bug, instead of a forum wide bug. if you sit there refreshing, then the timer gets stuck. if you have been at the site for over 5 min, it gets stuck at the turn. if you have been on the site less than 5 min, it does not get stuck, unless you continue to refresh. if you leave the site for 15mins, the turn gets displayed properly. i do not think anyone is 'losing naq' or 'turns, and i do not think it is a server wide bug that skips turns. all you need to do to still get the mercs is to watch at what time the server clicks over compared to your time (mine is every half-hour, ie 3.05pm, 3.35pm etc), and log in at 3.06pm. i think my computer time is 5 mins slow compared to the server time.

Bryan

Unfortunately what you think is wrong, the turns do stop, you do not get income, you do not get units, it IS server wide as many people have said...

Jake
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
bryan
Forum Intermediate

well, if it server wide, how come i have not lost any troops or attack turns? how come when i come back to the site 15min later, the desplay is now correct?
Lørd Søbek
Forum Irregular

cuz it makes up for the turns and naq that u lost
bryan
Forum Intermediate

exactly. you dont lose anything. all it does is not display the next turn. the actual turn does take place, you just dont see it. i would say it would have something to do with the refreshing of ie and other internet programs, and not requesting new information with every refresh.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

i have the answer -drumroll- it's a server dump, like a back up :)

...so, it IS kinda linked to refreshing but no where near correct. I guess it takes longer if you guys constantly hit refresh while the "dump" is occuring because you are trying to access it when it is busy with self preservation tasks.

Not refreshing every 5 seconds would help it occur more efficiently but it would still occur nonetheless, it is required for healthy running of the servers :)

-Goo
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
MackTheKnife
Forum Intermediate

How does this problem get solved? Does it take an admin or someone to do something, like reset it? Could that process be automated, and maybe have a thing that if say 200 people click on the button, it will automatically do the script thingo.

Just something from a noob.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

MackTheKnife wrote:How does this problem get solved? Does it take an admin or someone to do something, like reset it? Could that process be automated, and maybe have a thing that if say 200 people click on the button, it will automatically do the script thingo.

in a perfect world yes, sadly it doesn't quite work like that, it is automated and should run smoothly but something is making it so that it has trouble continuing where it paused when it dumped the information. We don't know what the cause of that is, i believe it to be the amount of refreshing folk do.

-Goo
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
MackTheKnife
Forum Intermediate

It's happening now, I just opened it and it was stuck, so I did'nt do anything.
neo

same here, i logged in, bought a load of weapons and did several attacks. Then noticed the counter is stuck at 0mins.
I have not refreshed the page or loitered.
This is very annoying :(

So, when this happens (as it is now) do we need to say anything, or will our account receive our naq and units automatically, as soon as it gets fixed?
(I'm sure the answer to this is somewhere between page 1 and here, but after reading all of page one, seeing there were 8 pages, and then reading page 8, I realize I'm too lazy to read every post in between to find out.)
Thanks,
Cornflakes
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

GhostyGoo™ wrote:
MackTheKnife wrote:How does this problem get solved? Does it take an admin or someone to do something, like reset it? Could that process be automated, and maybe have a thing that if say 200 people click on the button, it will automatically do the script thingo.

in a perfect world yes, sadly it doesn't quite work like that, it is automated and should run smoothly but something is making it so that it has trouble continuing where it paused when it dumped the information. We don't know what the cause of that is, i believe it to be the amount of refreshing folk do.

-Goo

Ummnn I remember that there was a bug with the comander rankings page...

if Im not mistaken this bug started close to when that one was fixed

could there possibly be a relation ?

Return to “Bugs Archive”