Ascended Technology Area? ( Title Changed )

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.

Technology upgrades in main should be available in exchange for Life force in ascension

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 43
Respenus
Fledgling Forumer

I'm not very sure on the Cosmic market issue. It could be turned into main bonuses page, but again those with a lot of resources would get even stronger and that AGAIN brings unbalance.

Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Surely that should be the idea of ascended server you work hard on your ascension and your power in main is increased in recognition of your increased stature in ascended realm
Hitokiri
Forum Irregular

An emphatic no on any type of resource trade on ascended (in terms of a market). AT would be devalued if a similar market to the current main market were to be implemented.

As for trading ascended power for main tech, I'm currently nuetral on this. On one hand, it might be neat, but at the same time it could very easily unbalance main. Ascended players are already a step ahead of non ascended players on main, giving them more power could very well unbalance main. Before any such update is implemented, I'd like to have an idea on WHAT type of tech and the cost before we see it added to the server.
urogard
Forum Elder

i want trade between players in ascended.
why would ascended trade?
to become more powerful.

[selfedit: I would strictly handicap the amount of turns one person can receive from others within a certain timeframe. then it's fine i guess]
Virgil
Chaos Admin

halamala wrote:i want trade between players in ascended.
why would ascended trade?
to become more powerful.

[selfedit: I would strictly handicap the amount of turns one person can receive from others within a certain timeframe. then it's fine i guess]

If you want more power in ascension then plan better in main and ascend again. That is the whole purpose of being able to ascend especially after the 6th ascension. Granted there is/should be a limit to the # of ascensions within a certain time frame. However it is all about strategy.

The Cosmic Market Link. It should be deleted all together. Like stated above. If you need more power then ascend again.
samson1111
Forum Irregular

The Dalek Empire wrote:YES to cashing in power on the Ascended server in exchange for permanent technology on the Main server (technology, not resources). No impact on Ascension what so ever, save adding an incentive to play for those people that only Ascend to improve their Main account.

I like the idea... but what kind of technologies would be there?
something like
ability to see planet stats (would be very expensive)
ability to hide planet stats
ability to have more planets (every update +1 planet)
MS strength bigger (cause it doesnt get 5% per ascencion, it could get this)
Ston
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: Ascended Stone
ID: 13514

Yup definately agree, market screwes up everything! maybe giving the option to convert 10K LF in 100 turns (kinda buyable Time-Distortion ) in the power boost option!
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular

I am against anything that gives ascension turns, this would be the greatest imbalance I am only really talking about a marketplace to boost main accounts this would mean players would HAVE to play acsension for added benefits and not sit on their bonuses and their a**e
The Dalek Empire
Fledgling Forumer

The Reaperman wrote:I would like to see the Broker arrangement brought to ascended so that players can trade ith ech other but definatly NO to any other form of market :-D

Just as bad as any normal sort of market. If you're going to have any sort of Cosmic Trade in Ascension then why not just go the whole way and add the Alliance system?

Big no to any trading what so ever.

Ascension inpacting Main I'm totally for. But that's complicated and should be left until FOrum has Descension sorted properly. One thing at a time.

No to trading though.
Aegidius
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Lone Wolf
Race: Ancient
ID: 36797

No! to all kind of market, personal trade or whatever in ascended. We have 2k turns. Deal with that!
Rukia
Forum Elite

i say no
Rukia previously known as Shizune

Sode no Shirayuki! Hakuren!

"Those who abandon their friends are worse than trash" - Uchiha Obito

*does Kuroigakure no justu and vanishes*

Tok`ra

The Dalek Empire wrote:
samson1111 wrote:NO to cosmic market

Agreed.

YES to cashing in power on the Ascended server in exchange for permanent technology on the Main server (technology, not resources). No impact on Ascension what so ever, save adding an incentive to play for those people that only Ascend to improve their Main account.

Yeah, main upgrades would be cool.
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular

O.K. I looks like it is a big NO to trading in ascended server. I totally agree

Now I suppose the real question is whether or not players would like to see an area within the ascended server where players could buy technology bonuses for main server using Life Force acquired within the ascended one.

I have added a Poll to this thread to see whether or not this is a popular idea. At the end of the day it is Forum who decides this not us!

Dear Mods could this thread be moved to the suggestions area of Ascended Board
Hammond
Fledgling Forumer

i totally disagree with a bonus thing in ascention for buying upgrades for main.

if you play ascention there are plenty of things to be doing with your LF.

it would only further the problem of people only playing ascention to get main bonuses.

if they dont play then they dont need there LF and would just keep trading it in. while those that actually put in the effort to play the game need there LF.
god of darkness
Forum Irregular

The Dalek Empire wrote:
samson1111 wrote:NO to cosmic market

Agreed.

YES to cashing in power on the Ascended server in exchange for permanent technology on the Main server (technology, not resources). No impact on Ascension what so ever, save adding an incentive to play for those people that only Ascend to improve their Main account.

well the "unactive ascention" players would be playing ascention for shure if they got something like a technologie upgrade.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”