the damage from decending (main)

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.

what if you get decended,effect on main?

you only stay 1 month without bonuses
56%
you lose 1 level of ascension (5% or 1%) but your main account does not goes into an empty shell
30%
you lose 1 level of ascension (5% or 1%) and your main account will lose everything except the army (you lose UP, techs, covert levels and weapons)
8%
you lose ALL
6%

Total votes: 124
god of darkness
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

the damage from decending (main)

quote from Nostradamus
1. The permanent effect of descension on the main account:
- you only stay 1 month without bonuses
- you lose 1 level of ascension (5% or 1%) but your main account does not goes into an empty shell
- you lose 1 level of ascension (5% or 1%) and your main account will lose everything except the army (you lose UP, techs, covert levels and weapons)
- you lose ALL

maybe this poll speed things a bit up.
this options are posted in the other topic (the 18 page topic)
Last edited by god of darkness on Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Take the bottom 2 out, that would never ever happen even if 100% of the people wanted it.

Anyone who wants the bottom 2 is clearly an idiot.. and isnt thinking about it happening to them :-)
god of darkness
Forum Irregular

~Phoenix~ wrote:Take the bottom 2 out, that would never ever happen even if 100% of the people wanted it.

Anyone who wants the bottom 2 is clearly an idiot.. and isnt thinking about it happening to them :-)

i voted : you lose 1 level of ascension (5% or 1%) and your main account will lose everything except the army (you lose UP, techs, covert levels and weapons)

and i'm not a idiot.what's the meaning of decending a guy if he doesn't get damage
and if it's me who get's decended,then i give my congradulations to the guy.
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

god of darkness wrote:and i'm not a idiot.

Obviously you are... how does 1 reascend with nothing left?
Shooting Star
Forum Irregular

Well I voted for the third option as that was my initial suggestion and the one that I think needs to be implemented. There are far too many people who ascended just to gain power on main and didn't play on ascension. For those of us who did play on ascension and planned our ascensions carefully, now is the time for us to say, "Looky, looky! Remember all those times you kicked us in the face because you could? Allow us to return the favor!" And losing your bonuses for a month is not descension; that is suppression. Now if the update were called suppression, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But the update is called descension, which means to take lower. Lower, in this case, should be the level of ascended being you are in main, LG+1 to LG, Prior to non-ascended race, etc. The reason I am pushing for the loss of weapons, UP, technologies, spy levels and everything else except money makers is because descension is a traumatizing event involving great cosmic energies. Realities are altered, and you have to adjust to starting over, relearning, gaining your power back slowly. It cost me a lot of units to get to the power levels I am at now in ascension; it should cost those of you who quick ascended some units when you get descended.
god of darkness
Forum Irregular

Shooting Star wrote:Well I voted for the third option as that was my initial suggestion and the one that I think needs to be implemented. There are far too many people who ascended just to gain power on main and didn't play on ascension. For those of us who did play on ascension and planned our ascensions carefully, now is the time for us to say, "Looky, looky! Remember all those times you kicked us in the face because you could? Allow us to return the favor!" And losing your bonuses for a month is not descension; that is suppression. Now if the update were called suppression, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But the update is called descension, which means to take lower. Lower, in this case, should be the level of ascended being you are in main, LG+1 to LG, Prior to non-ascended race, etc. The reason I am pushing for the loss of weapons, UP, technologies, spy levels and everything else except money makers is because descension is a traumatizing event involving great cosmic energies. Realities are altered, and you have to adjust to starting over, relearning, gaining your power back slowly. It cost me a lot of units to get to the power levels I am at now in ascension; it should cost those of you who quick ascended some units when you get descended.

i can't agree more
you just told the whole reason why there's a ascention server,and the meaning of it.
Nostradamus
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Dirty Dozen
Race: NanoTiMaster

The last option is only if descending would be VERY HARD .... taking at least 1.5k turns and making you lose at least 20% of your planets in the process .... then after descending someone you would end up with a crippled account in ascension ..... losing so much might justify your wish to see your enemy really destroyed. I dont see that coming.

You can very well reascend with a few mil UU+lifers even if you are stripped of everything else ..... PPT ;). This is also if descending would be difficult as well.

Losing only 1 level I think it's right if descending it's not very hard to do and only 1 month without bonuses if you can descend someoen very easy.
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

Nostradamus wrote:The last option is only if descending would be VERY HARD .... taking at least 1.5k turns and making you lose at least 20% of your planets in the process .... then after descending someone you would end up with a crippled account in ascension ..... losing so much might justify your wish to see your enemy really destroyed. I dont see that coming.

You can very well reascend with a few mil UU+lifers even if you are stripped of everything else ..... PPT ;). This is also if descending would be difficult as well.

Losing only 1 level I think it's right if descending it's not very hard to do and only 1 month without bonuses if you can descend someoen very easy.

1month without 25% income atk defense covert etc is a hell of along time..
Nostradamus
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Dirty Dozen
Race: NanoTiMaster

Indeed it is, but don't forget you keep your ascended weapons, so honestly speaking you are better then a regular race ..... even without a 25% bonus in some area ... you will also keep your free banking that is also an advantage ....
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

Nostradamus wrote:Indeed it is, but don't forget you keep your ascended weapons, so honestly speaking you are better then a regular race ..... even without a 25% bonus in some area ... you will also keep your free banking that is also an advantage ....

All ascended races are not better off than normal races their weps cost 3x as much but onnly do 2x as much, they have to spend roughly 30% more on weapons to get the same result.
The Dalek Empire
Fledgling Forumer

~Phoenix~ wrote:
Nostradamus wrote:Indeed it is, but don't forget you keep your ascended weapons, so honestly speaking you are better then a regular race ..... even without a 25% bonus in some area ... you will also keep your free banking that is also an advantage ....

All ascended races are not better off than normal races their weps cost 3x as much but onnly do 2x as much, they have to spend roughly 30% more on weapons to get the same result.

But need fewer Units to man said weapons, and therefore lose fewer Units in battle. The net saving is well worth it, especially when you start getting 15%, 20% etc bonuses and Ascended Blessing. Lots of factors contributing to make the Ascended races better in every sense of the word.

As far as the poll goes, I still say the suppression part of Option One is a good move. A month of having no Ascended bonuses or Ascended Blessing is pretty nasty if you think about it. Not asty enough though. To ensure that there is genuine long term damage, the bonuses from your last Ascension should be lost permanently as well. We can assume that the Descended being sacrifices a part of itself to halt its fall back to the lower planes, and after a month has managed to restore itself in some shape or form, though somewhat diminished.

After what ever embarassing tag Forum has planned for the player's month of being powerless has faded, the player's previous Ascended title should be restored, at one rank below what it was before the Descension. This means that a new rank would be needed for a Prior that gets Descended. Someting like "teh ultimate noobzor" :P
MGZ
Forum Irregular

actually, I think that if a prior gets descended then they should just have their account turned into the shell race of whatever their ascended race was. that's the appropriate step backward from prior.
political correctness is a doctrine fostered by an illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mass media that holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I believe gun control is being able to hit your target.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

IF you lose everything, people will stop playing the game full stop, it takes alot of time and effort, and some of these guys have like a 50k UP, could you imagine losing that, and having to start again, i seriously think people would say forget it, and if you dont need to ascend you dont need SS, so game starts to lose income. Its all connected, break 1 link in the chain and its only going one way from then.
The Dalek Empire
Fledgling Forumer

MGZ wrote:actually, I think that if a prior gets descended then they should just have their account turned into the shell race of whatever their ascended race was. that's the appropriate step backward from prior.

Ya, but what happens to weapons? Technologies? Trained Units?
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

The Dalek Empire wrote:
MGZ wrote:actually, I think that if a prior gets descended then they should just have their account turned into the shell race of whatever their ascended race was. that's the appropriate step backward from prior.

Ya, but what happens to weapons? Technologies? Trained Units?

It dont matter.. since that wont ever happen..

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”