Where did your name come from?

All Goa'uld and System Lord discussion
Nicholai Brocov
Forum Regular
Race: Goa'uld
Alternate name(s): Brocov

My name is pretty out there. People to this day still don't pronounce it correctly and some find it difficult to spell it correctly aswell in some cases lol.

Nicholai - Is derived from my real first name, Nick or Nicholas. Before I was even born my parents had always imagined me being a big guy. An infact I am. I had always been told 'Nick' was a great solid name. The greek meaning refers to; 'Victory of the people. A solid individual with good self control. Who is effective and efficient and will become a leader.'

Unfortunately, I don't personal like such a short name. But I still wanted the image it inspired - so I looked to a russian alternative. An that is how people started refering to me both online and in RL by, Nicholai.

Brocov - This is where it gets really confusing... When I was about 7, my friend's dad started calling me 'Brocov'. Apparently at the time I was very much into wrestling and this name he refered to me by was supposedly a famous wrestler?.. I've done all kinds of searching for any reference to the guy and have nothing to show for it. But it still stuck.

Nicholai Brocov just became my alter ego or nickname/alias.

I use variations of this identity to make my presense known. Covsky, Brocov or Nicho. All are the same individual.

An respectfully I'd like to point out that at the moment, this community is the only community on which I use my full alias. An have stayed with for more then a month or two. Former communities I've been a member of are; ESF and SFC.

But that was long ago, almost a decade. This is pretty much the only community I dedicate myself to atm, an I love it. :-D
Popeland
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

I can't recall where my name came from.
I think... it's something got to do with... Popeland....
... Yes, that's it alright.
Silk
Forum Intermediate

lol like ur sig very nice glasses what about an afro?
Moesph
Forum Newbie
Location: Reigning glorious havoc over other worlds. (London)

My name was originally Moebius, then once upon a time I was nicknamed Moesph by Popeland, and I've stuck with that since.
Aetom
Forum Grunt
Race: System Lord

Nice avvy :-D :-D
Klorel
Forum Irregular

Aetom wrote:Nice avvy :-D :-D
'

lmao
Moesph
Forum Newbie
Location: Reigning glorious havoc over other worlds. (London)

But it was so SHINY!
Klorel
Forum Irregular

Nicholai Brocov wrote:My name is pretty out there. People to this day still don't pronounce it correctly and some find it difficult to spell it correctly aswell in some cases lol.

Nicholai - Is derived from my real first name, Nick or Nicholas. Before I was even born my parents had always imagined me being a big guy. An infact I am. I had always been told 'Nick' was a great solid name. The greek meaning refers to; 'Victory of the people. A solid individual with good self control. Who is effective and efficient and will become a leader.'

Unfortunately, I don't personal like such a short name. But I still wanted the image it inspired - so I looked to a russian alternative. An that is how people started refering to me both online and in RL by, Nicholai.

Brocov - This is where it gets really confusing... When I was about 7, my friend's dad started calling me 'Brocov'. Apparently at the time I was very much into wrestling and this name he refered to me by was supposedly a famous wrestler?.. I've done all kinds of searching for any reference to the guy and have nothing to show for it. But it still stuck.

Nicholai Brocov just became my alter ego or nickname/alias.

I use variations of this identity to make my presense known. Covsky, Brocov or Nicho. All are the same individual.

An respectfully I'd like to point out that at the moment, this community is the only community on which I use my full alias. An have stayed with for more then a month or two. Former communities I've been a member of are; ESF and SFC.

But that was long ago, almost a decade. This is pretty much the only community I dedicate myself to atm, an I love it. :-D

i just took the time to read this

very interesting
tacos
Forum Newbie

my name came from my favorite food.
Enkrypt
Forum Newbie
Location: Iraq - for two more months - then back to the States

Where did your name come from?

Yeah so like no cool novels, movies or any history here in my name. I got sucked into the whole computer scene when I was in 4th grade. I started learning scripting and programming languages and all that other fun stuff. So of course you had to have a handle on BBS's (primative internet) and Enkrypt just came out.
Anyways the encryption of data always has interested me and so hence the name more or less refers a hidden person. A long time ago - I wasnt' known to anyone but by that name - now just a nick on games.

Got a few others but somehow I always tend to come back to this one.
My Feedback thread
Lord Namrennab
Forum Newbie

and since i'm even more original...i used my last name backwards...However i use the cougar for my symbol, everyone knows that the egyptians viewed the Cats as nobility..and all that..so Cougar Guards fight for Lord Namrennab
Die with honour, not disgrace.

Only Cougar Guards, fight for God Namrennab.
[BERSERKER]
Forum Regular
Race: Tauri

my name derives from the less known name of anubis's super soldiers.
i just saw them on the show and thought they are the greatest characters, (anybody know what happend to em?)
green_victim

My name is related 2 "The Hulk", he's green and an victim of an scientific experiment :-D
Klorel
Forum Irregular

green_victim wrote:My name is related 2 "The Hulk", he's green and an victim of an scientific experiment :-D

That was a good show back in the day. The movie was OK.
Silk
Forum Intermediate

movie was poor

Return to “Goa'uld/ System Lords”