When you run out of defense people to kill.

gabo

When you run out of defense people to kill.

The admin should implement a new feature into the game. When u run out of defense soldiers, you should have the untrained soldiers man the weapons at 1/2 strength of normal drones. After untrained are gone, attack soldiers should man weapons at 1/4 strength of normal drones...that way, it's much more realistic...and that something happens after you kill all defense drones. It also makes untrained soldiers an actual target.

Gabe
High guard
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Prety good idea, I like it.
"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
Albert Einstein
ColonelMichael
Forum Spammer

Me too it seems pretty cool.
It is better to try and fight then to surrender without one!
BleedBlack
Fledgling Forumer

That would be good on the account that many players (incl. myself) use only mercenaries to man weapons and keep untrained to generate Naq.
If you want to amss someone, ocne someone runs out of men, weapons become unmanned, and so, the attacking becomes pointless.
If untrained were to take over, it would deal a much larger blow to the recipient if the untrained kept manning the weapons, until there were no more weapons.
Press Ctrl+W FTW
CthulhuSpawn
Fledgling Forumer

I dont like the idea. I keep my untrained, for the most part, to getting my naq, and im not about to have untrained die at the hands of someone who decides to mass attack me.
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination.
YEA BUNNY!!
High guard
Forum Irregular

CthulhuSpawn wrote:I dont like the idea. I keep my untrained, for the most part, to getting my naq, and im not about to have untrained die at the hands of someone who decides to mass attack me.

This is a WAR game.
"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
Albert Einstein
Lord Sokar
almost spammer

semms like a good idea bu change it a LITTLE, just a little not much though there could be sum flaws in the plan
gabo

tweaking

The idea would need some tweaking, however, It would be more like this order:

Defense Clones (or equavalent unit name)
Defense Drones
Defense Mercenaries
Effectiveness at at 100% for what each unit provides.

Attack clones
Attack Drones
attack mercenaries
Effectiveness at 75% of the respective strength unit

Untrained units
Covert Units
Effectiveness for UNTRAINED units would be 50% of the Defense Drone
Effectiveness for SPIES would be at 50% of Defense Clone effectiveness
Both would be killed together similar to the rate at which clones and drones are killed.
Now this simply means that someone has to be manning the defense system. So when defenders run out, someone has to do it, and because attackers aren't trained completely in how to run them and untrained and spies aren't trained at all, so they don't work as well.

Now if you attack people with no weapons, then it'll hurt very badly. The death rate should be like 1/1000th of the damage delt from the attacker for an undefended base. First, your Clones (or equavelant super units) of first defense, then attack die first, then defense drones and attack drones, then untrained units and spies together. This keeps someone from having no defense and not caring about being attacked with no consequence.

Personally, I like this idea because it then means that there is a consequence for having no defense systems. And it also provides a means of killing untrained and spies, which you can't do right now.

Let me know what you think...

Gabo
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

Definitely like it, it'd certainly help prevent people intentionally keeping a low defense so as to hide in the lower rankings.
Akadios
Forum Newbie

I agree the basic point is right now by not having a defense your better off provided you have the time to bank. Which is sad in reality once your defense is broken your support units (untrained) get slaughtered. Think about real life a military base but they have no defenses only support units and spies. Well what happens when a enemy division comes. EVERYONE DIES.
Acronon
Forum Expert
Alliance: TOoC
Race: Human, whatareyou?
ID: 60798
Alternate name(s): Rhadamanthus, RhadamanthusOE, Kalor, Thurisaz & more than I remember

Great idea Gabo! 8)

indeed,

an excellent suggestion.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

This has been suggested many many many many times before (not least by myself) and has never looked like being implemented.

Arguments against are that would an attacking army actually start to attack miners (untrained troops) once the defence is destroyed?

I think it is still a good idea in principle - but it would be unfair to be able to attack someone to the point where he/she has no troops and no weapons left - especially if he/she does not then have the ability to rebuild because the untrained are also dead.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
hidden
Lord of Chickens

i love it except it will weaken my farms like well i etter not say the names or other ppl will farm them
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

I'm kinda glad this didn't get implemented. I have been on holiday for 2 weeks. Instead of using vacation mode, I just sold my stuff for UP, and let the troops and turns roll in, while providing my officers with 100% pay during my abcense. In addition, many people have happily farmed me while I was gone. If each one of those atacks had cost me untrained units, in the proportions used before they became invulnerable, I would have returned to fewer troops than when I left. I think my solution to vacation preparations is a viable alternative to vacation mode, especially for commanders who wish to give their officers as much as they can. I wouldn't want this to become too dangerous to execute.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”