Race Bonuses

Kali

Race Bonuses

I think there should be a change in the bonuses individual races recieve such as the Goulds 25% resources. I think different factors should be considered in regards to bonuses such as in the tv show replicators cannot be stopped by any means apart from guns and that ancient wave gun thingy. like maybe if percentage bonuses vary each race such as for

tauri

25% attack strength against replicators (guns and the ancient thinggy)
-25% attack strength against the asgard (them guys)

gouald

-25% attack strength vs replicators (since they really dont have effective weapons)

something on those lines. Just trying to explain that when attacking each race they would have different strength and weakenesses
nasedo
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

The only problem with that is that it throws the balance of the game off.

All the replicators would just target go'auld and all the tauri would target the replicators.

The system now is indirect which means it doesnt need as much balancing.
SGC_Replicators

nothing but a rock vs scissor vs paper thing

Re: Race Bonuses

Kali wrote:I think there should be a change in the bonuses individual races recieve such as the Goulds 25% resources. I think different factors should be considered in regards to bonuses such as in the tv show replicators cannot be stopped by any means apart from guns and that ancient wave gun thingy. like maybe if percentage bonuses vary each race such as for

tauri

25% attack strength against replicators (guns and the ancient thinggy)
-25% attack strength against the asgard (them guys)

gouald

-25% attack strength vs replicators (since they really dont have effective weapons)

something on those lines. Just trying to explain that when attacking each race they would have different strength and weakenesses

well maybe these bonuses or woteva should just be small like not 25% mayb 5% its a small bonus making a little difference. also other things to consider is with each race recruitment of like soldiers and all that can vary with each race and the spying researching and so on, weapons cost........just little other things
Jack Oneill
Forum Newbie

perhap's multipal bonouses. IE Humans would have the 25% attack and a 15% research bonous (once R@D is out.)
World Power 3:
Link: Soon (TM)

Gloria:
Link: http://p200.ezboard.com/bgamegoddess

Star Wars sim:
Currently under construction. Link soon TM

Please send me a instant message if any of these sim's interest you.
fremen

I am dissappointed by the Goa'uld bonus. I would much prefer 20-25% cheaper goods then extra income. Also the tauri and asgard get a 25% bonus plus an extra in game ability such as a seige level or fortification level. This does not create game balance unless these extra levels are how they achieve their racial bonuses. Or maybe their levels have different stat bonuses?

If the game designer wants to give the Goa'uld some in gain ability to restore balance I would like to suggest doubling the max size of the secret bank.

As it currently stands when the next wave hits I will sign up as another race to get some better bonuses. I chose Goa'uld in the first place because I get to send in character bombastic messages to others. I consider the tauri as righteous, the asgard as noble, the replicators as devious, and the goa'uld are maniacal oppressors. I am having fun playing a race that is nothing like my personal life. I don't want it to end. Give us a chance to fight toe to toe with the other races.

fremen wrote:I am dissappointed by the Goa'uld bonus. I would much prefer 20-25% cheaper goods then extra income. Also the tauri and asgard get a 25% bonus plus an extra in game ability such as a seige level or fortification level. This does not create game balance unless these extra levels are how they achieve their racial bonuses. Or maybe their levels have different stat bonuses?

If the game designer wants to give the Goa'uld some in gain ability to restore balance I would like to suggest doubling the max size of the secret bank.

As it currently stands when the next wave hits I will sign up as another race to get some better bonuses. I chose Goa'uld in the first place because I get to send in character bombastic messages to others. I consider the tauri as righteous, the asgard as noble, the replicators as devious, and the goa'uld are maniacal oppressors. I am having fun playing a race that is nothing like my personal life. I don't want it to end. Give us a chance to fight toe to toe with the other races.

The game is supposed to reflect the game, which is not totally balanced, it is unfair and some teams do have unfair advantages.

fremen wrote:I would like to suggest doubling the max size of the secret bank.

banks have a max size?

instead of doubling bank size perhaps a 25% greater increase for goa'uld banks per unit. ie. instead of a increase of 940 or 960 can't remember which it is for the tau'ri goa'ulds banks would increase by 1200 per unit
fremen
Forum Irregular

Let me express myself better what I meant about game balance. The Tauri get an attack modifier on every attack as part of their racial bonus. The asgard get a defense modifier everytime they are defending themselves. The replicators get a spy bonus in every spy exchange. The Goa'uld make more money per unit. We do not get to use our bonus when we purchase products unless our naq is still around to use. In this game the more naq you make the more you get plundered. So as a race we do not get the full benefit of our racial bonus.

If the racial bonus were instead converted to cheaper training, upgrades, and weapons, we would get the benefit of our bonus in every transaction.

I don't think that I am the only Goa'uld dissatisfied with our racial bonus.

If one race is left at a large disadvantage on purpose to leave an expert level setting to the game then that is acceptable as long as newbies are warned.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

First of all the discount should be 20% to reflect the 25% income bonus. Second, I thought about this for a while. I first thought the Goa'uld were at a disadvantage as well. However if you look closer, they actually have a 25% bonus they can spend as they wish, on spy level, offense or defense, or a little bit of all. Making it a discount would further improve on that, and shift the balance in favour of the Goa'uld. I think it's OK as it is now.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

Sleipnir wrote:First of all the discount should be 20% to reflect the 25% income bonus. Second, I thought about this for a while. I first thought the Goa'uld were at a disadvantage as well. However if you look closer, they actually have a 25% bonus they can spend as they wish, on spy level, offense or defense, or a little bit of all. Making it a discount would further improve on that, and shift the balance in favour of the Goa'uld. I think it's OK as it is now.

I think i posted this ealier but waht the hell here we go again.
The races should ahve advantages based on the real show & movie (this next part is gona sound crtical but i want the game edsigners to know that i adore the game play all the time even when i'am getting my ass kicked this is still a great game to play and some great players cool people )
BUt it's simply not realistic for the tauri to have attack bounses on the gould since at every engamgent they are losing even when they are more numerous (lost city 2 , Heros ) just to name a few examples .
The tauri should have advantages agisnt the reps cuz of projectile weopns an advantage that they hold in the actual show but disdavnatage agisnt the gould .
The asguard should ahve an advantage over the gould but disadvatage agisnt the repllicators .
The reps should ahve advantages agisnt the asguard and disdavantages agisnt the tuari .
The current bounese should be shifted to more of an ecomnomic area where the diffrent ecomies compete in a manner similar the the attack advantages seen above ^^^^^^^^^
And yeah these advantages would serve to destablise the game but they should be off set and minmised just so that they are there but so taht a tuari rank 800 can't take out a rep 100 ranks above him/her.
Play around with this idea i'am sure forum will find someway of balancing it all and still remaining true to the story .
Ra

Avatar And Banner Created by BAHAMUT SGWs Number one Graphic designer.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”