Ranma 1/2

A place for random anime lovers to get together and chat!
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Ranma 1/2

very interesting series that te main character Ranma, fell into a cursed spring at a cursed training ground, and now turns into a girl when splashed with cold water, and back into his guy self in hot water.

there's 7 seasons, an OVA, and 2 movies. i just finished a week long marathon watching all of them. 173 episodes.

quite funny all the situations he finds himself in...

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
Last edited by Psi Kiya Trist on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
raistlin majere
Forum Elite
Alliance: Withheld
Race: Nanotimaster
ID: 8675309

I read the first 9 manga, quite humorous.
Psi Kiya Trist wrote:ZOMG IT"S RAI!!!
Hitokiri
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

I had the same problem with this series that I do for many of Rumiko's series. They drag on and on, with no real progress being made. A story that can be told told in a season or two is dragged on for much longer. The story lines become repetative (c'mon, how many martial art tournament variations can we create?) and character growth is either minimal or non-existant.

And the most frustrating part of it all is that Takahashi CAN tell a great story (see rumic theatre or mermaid scar) and can even make longer series interesting (Maison Ikkoku).

That being said, Ranma is a good way to kill half an hour with some mindless entertainment once in a while.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

there were a couple real gems of episodes in there though...

one of the only specific ones i remember, is episode 2 of the OVA. i LOVED that one.

the first season was pretty good also.

but with all the randomness that eventually came out... (martial arts DINING? WTH?)

honestly, i would've liked to have the real ending animated. as i'm not into the whole manga scene... and am hoping for a romantic ending... kind've like what happened in the second movie...

anyway, since i've seen ranma, i've also comepletely watched 2 other series, which i suppose i should write about...

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Eternal Usul
"Special Title"
Race: Goa'uld System Lord
ID: 19701
Alternate name(s): Xjba#1819(battle.net)
Eternal Usul(Steam)

I am beginning the long journey into this series with Vol. 1 of the Manga series...

I like it a lot...it's quite humorous... :lol:
"Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now, it's complete because it's ended here."

-"Collected Sayings of Muad'dib"
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

it is pretty funny, yeah... hehehe

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
~Zekk~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Universal Consciousness
Race: Magi
ID: 616

I'll probly start with the manga to...as most manga tend to be longer and tell more of the story then most anime(though, there are exceptions)...

But! For now, I'm stuck on prince of tennis(anime), and Samurai Deeper Kyo(manga), as well as about half a dozen other manga... >_>

~Syreck
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

I LOVE WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND DOMINATES ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dannis
Fledgling Forumer

That sounds really cool Psi, but thats alot of eps!

*runs to tap to try the cold water for some fun*

Forum Replicating pieman
Eternal Usul
"Special Title"
Eternal Usul(Steam)

Re: Ranma 1/2

Wow...I've been watching now for a couple of days and I've made it to about the 70th episode on youtube (english dub, split into 10minute halves)

Before you say it...I know most ppl hate it in english...but I don't speak japanese...nor do I intend to learn...lol

Very fun to watch, but for those of you who haven't seen it yet...don't do what I did and watch the episodes for more than an hour or two at a time...you'll start seeing scenes whenever you close your eyes... -_-*
"Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now, it's complete because it's ended here."

demonicwolf
Forum Intermediate
Race: Dragon Slayer
Alternate name(s): FD3s

ive been watching GTO and noir along with hellsing ova and code gease next i wanta watch ep of macross frontier see wat the hypes really all about and after that i unno what i am going to do maybe rewatch tenchi muyo :D or love hina :lol: :lol: :lol:
QueenLycaenion
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
Location: watching you an your Hypocrisy collecting infornation to use

ah Ranma 1/2 great for passing time

lol I love Shampoo! =P

been a long time since I watched any of it though
Imagemy own MS I made myself =D the girl is the werewolf liru not made by me but I added the blue tats ^^
demonicwolf
Forum Intermediate
Race: Dragon Slayer
Alternate name(s): FD3s

never watch ranma :-\ looks rather old tho >.>
QueenLycaenion
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
Location: watching you an your Hypocrisy collecting infornation to use

nothing wrong with old animes <3

I've been watching a few from the 80s recent might not be as nice to look at but still some great works
Imagemy own MS I made myself =D the girl is the werewolf liru not made by me but I added the blue tats ^^
Eternal Usul
"Special Title"
Eternal Usul(Steam)

Some of the best anime is old anime in my opinion... :?

Return to “Anime Corner”