Covert Turns

Acronon
Forum Expert
Alliance: TOoC
Race: Human, whatareyou?
ID: 60798
Alternate name(s): Rhadamanthus, RhadamanthusOE, Kalor, Thurisaz & more than I remember

Covert Turns

I believe there should be more covert turns available.
We get 50, and it costs 1 to spy and 3 sabotage.
They go away so quickly and we are already limited on how much covert activity on any one realm.
Narrator
Forum Irregular

yea thats a good hting the amountof covert turns. u may be happy bout it soem day when u ge massed by and alliance of sabotuers. and if u have a prob say solution not jsut complain.

be like

we need 75 covert truns a day

or

200 covert turns a day.

makes it easier for everyone.

-ven
Myseri
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Pond
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 15959

Yea, lets increase the Covert turns so more people can get sabotaged to death. I would really enjoy that idea

If you cannot note my sarcasm, then please check your mind!
Sabben
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

I think that we should not have more covert turns - however I would like to see SS include the ability to send covert turns - I think this would be useful. Just thought I would add this Idea to this post.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Again, another topic that comes around every now and again! What you need to realise it that the game is Stargate WARS, not Stargate Espionage!!!

Covert is already, in my opinion, too strong a power in the game with nothing you can actually do to weaken the covert skill of another player - so why are you now wanting to increaes that advantage?? At the end of the day it will only serve to make the already most powerful covert players even more powerful, and the weake covert players even more vulnerable!

I know there is a limit on covert activity against realms - but this idea would just make more realms exposed to the stronger players.

Like I said in my opening line - this one has been banded around several times before, and has always been rejected - as it should now!

As for the idea of being able to send covert turns - it will again mean that the most powerful covert players have the advantage, as they will get their officers/alliance/friends to send them turns so that they can keep sabbing away - potentially pages of players could be taken out in one evening!

This would also encourage the weaker covert players to simply find themselves a big covert power as a friend, give him/her covert turns in turn for covert protection, and not bother to develop their own covert power.

We need ideas to defend against, or to be able to atack covert, not how to make the stronger players even stronger.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Myseri
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Pond
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 15959

heh, in ascension you can attack covert :D I love assassins.
micko

not that my opinion counts but, im happy the way it is,, it is a reasonable amount already, any more and you guys have just got too much time on your hands.
prior
Forum Irregular

we should get say 200 covert turns, but make it so you only make like 0.75 a turn.
Daff
Fledgling Forumer

Yeah, that might be a good idea. Increase the maximum number of covert turns you can have, but decrease the rate at which you gain them back.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Dyneasty wrote:heh, in ascension you can attack covert :D I love assassins.

LOL - that was a suggestion I made for main months and months ago!
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

prior wrote:we should get say 200 covert turns, but make it so you only make like 0.75 a turn.

Hmmm, maybe just 1 per turn until 50, then when you're over that it becomes 0.5 per turn up to 100. That doesn't sound too much more powerful. Still, having more turns gives the big guys more chance to sabb the little guys. Right now they have to be more selective.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Sleipnir wrote:
prior wrote:we should get say 200 covert turns, but make it so you only make like 0.75 a turn.

Hmmm, maybe just 1 per turn until 50, then when you're over that it becomes 0.5 per turn up to 100. That doesn't sound too much more powerful. Still, having more turns gives the big guys more chance to sabb the little guys. Right now they have to be more selective.

Nice one Sleip.
Mod Speak

Return to “Suggestions Archive”