Glory and Rep in quantum

Replicator_Hector
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Glory and Rep in quantum

i know sgw quantum is always going to be different. however i think the glory and honor system should be introduced into quantum with a slight twist. the glory rank is not reset at the end of each wave. from what ive read in the forums glory and rep have no affect on the game (attacking and defending). now once some one makes the top 100 rank is important to them so a some what lasting record of how long they have spent in the top 100 would be a good stat to keep.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

the purpose of glory and rep is to mark players viying for ascension, which quantum would have no place in effecting, thus i don't believe this would be practical...

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
hidden
Lord of Chickens

yes ascention if you dont know what that is there are lots of threads about it since there is no ascention in qw it would not be usful.

anyway look up ascention if you dont know what it is.

now to change the topic psi please get rid of the i dont care option in my thread i didnt want it
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

He's not asking to bring ascension to quantum, just the glory and reputation. And I think it's actually a very good idea. I think some sort of score system would be cool, something to show how you've done during those 3 months as opposed to just your standing at the end. Maybe it could even be made so that you lose reputation when you're kicked out of the top 100. I think it's a good idea, so please stay on topic here.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

Sleipnir wrote:He's not asking to bring ascension to quantum, just the glory and reputation. And I think it's actually a very good idea. I think some sort of score system would be cool, something to show how you've done during those 3 months as opposed to just your standing at the end. Maybe it could even be made so that you lose reputation when you're kicked out of the top 100. I think it's a good idea, so please stay on topic here.

that sounds cool, lossing points if ur not in the top 100...

how about the same scoring system & 100-200 nothing happens, 200-400 u get negative 1 points and below u get negative 5 points....

btw u can't get minus points it'll just stay at zero.
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:
Replicator_Hector
Forum Newbie

i did not know that glory and rep in normal was for assention(i know what that is) but in quantum lord dougy has a great idea and slepnir had it exactly right. this way if some trains like crazy the last few weeks of quantum to get into the top 100 they have a lower glory score than some one who was there the entire time. just another way to say who's the best in quantum. also if the glory score does not reset at the end of a wave its a good average of how the person does over several waves along with the current wave. but this could be a pain on the admins.
hidden
Lord of Chickens

yes some sort of scoring would be good but not glory and rep.

do something like glory and rep but dont call it that and ill be happy
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
Replicator_Hector
Forum Newbie

call it a god rank. and change the way races controll the universe. which ever race has the hightes god rank controlls the universe. yet another difference in the alternate reality we call quantum
Shai_hulud

What if instead of ascending, quantum players could use that mirror in the show to go to a new server? It could be like the quantum server but have even faster gameplay and reset more often, because your going through the multiverse. Instead of more powerful abilities like on the ascension server, you could have weird and wacky ideas that have been suggested on the forums be tried out there to see how they work. Concepts that work well or are popular could then be brought back to the main quantum server in an update, because your races bring them back through the mirror. This would even allow for the quantum server to evolve over time and become completly different from the main server.
Replicator_Hector
Forum Newbie

Shai_hulud exelent idea. that way the crazy ideas we have here that make little or no sence coulc be tried out. if the admin take this route heres my idea. the new server has 1 month resets, and every one has a starting up of 1000, and more mercs than can be bought, and 15 turns per turn. that makes for a fast attack based game. this way new things can be tried and things to be incorperated into quantum or normal could be beta'ed to find bugs or ways to make them better. to get onto this server a top 200 god score would be required. at the end of each "super quantum" wave only the top 50 or 100 players stay for the next wave. the rest of the players for the next wave are taken from quantum's god score rankings. each wave of the "super quantum" server has a slightly different mix of players.
Replicator_Hector
Forum Newbie

lets hear some more ideas. ill formulate a compleate plan in a couple of day.
fredrabbit
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: HVE
Race: ?
ID: 20938
Alternate name(s): *TheBetterIdiot
Location: If there is a bright spot to the univers the place farest from it.

bump
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

fredrabbit wrote:bump

I concur.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
fredrabbit
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: HVE
Race: ?
ID: 20938
Alternate name(s): *TheBetterIdiot
Location: If there is a bright spot to the univers the place farest from it.

How about your quantum account "ascends" to infuse your main account. You would have to pick what account it goes to and you would get either attack turns, untrained units or maybe with enough points spy levels (obviously more points would be needed for higher spy levels)??? also i think that a lot of power points should be needed that way people don't ascend right after the new wave begins it should cost your chances at being in the top 100 for the wave if you ascend.
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

it would be interesting..what your trying to say is that it would stay with you after resets as well?... a feature were after you would quit the game youd get a place in a ranking much like the legends except you would have to get over a certain amount...if you get me?
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."

Return to “Suggestions Archive”