worst book you ever read

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
Osi
Forum Addict
ID: 0

vn70072 wrote:The Pearl. If it wasn't for school I would have thrown it in the garbage by the 5th page.

that book was aweful
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
Silk
Forum Intermediate

COLD MOUNTAIN!

BURN IT BURN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adnihilo
Forum Addict
Alliance: alliance of unallined people
Race: fearless wretch
ID: 666

i think its alright but i realy couldnt read past the first few chapters of op-center :x
intelligence is a tool
insanities a way to use it
surfey*chik
Forum Irregular

ive never read a bad book i love all books no book doesnt interest me!
pogopolis
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Åsgard Order Êlite
Race: Ancient
ID: 35456

That Tripe Known As...

...The Bible. Most propogandist piece of crap since I read the Koran. Not to mention pretty boring.

Pog is an agnostic atheist.

Learn to play guitar for real, chump.
Mark 9 GB
Forum Newbie

The books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy of the Bible. I just dont really understand or believe in them, especially the story of creation.
Dannis
Fledgling Forumer

The books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy of the Bible. I just dont really understand or believe in them, especially the story of creation.

Its metaphorical. Think about it, how can 2 people make the entire earths population? That would make us all inbred.

Its a metaphorical answer. Ask and religous philosopher and they will tell you its not a word for word history like a school text book.

Forum Replicating pieman
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

I have always heard that because there was less sin the dna was more pure so it was ok to inbreed.
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill
Dannis
Fledgling Forumer

You do that.

Hehe.

I really hated this book we read way back in the day at school I can still remember it, Sleeping dogs.

Short, but seemed to go on forever in its boringness.

Forum Replicating pieman
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

I hated Island of the Blue Dolphins that I read in 8th grade.
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill
Toa of Pi
Forum Grunt

Worst book I've ever read? Catcher in the Rye.

Catcher in the Wry wasn't that bad, though. Completely unrelated.
pogopolis
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Åsgard Order Êlite
Race: Ancient
ID: 35456

Worst book I've ever read? Catcher in the Rye.

Pog agrees. Most pointless, plotless book I've ever read.

Learn to play guitar for real, chump.
Tyber Zann
JUAN's Successor, Buck's Inheritor, Semper's mailed fist
Alternate name(s): Tyber Zann, tom twin

Lanklock wrote:

Its metaphorical. Think about it, how can 2 people make the entire earths population? That would make us all inbred.

Its a metaphorical answer. Ask and religous philosopher and they will tell you its not a word for word history like a school text book.

yes but if u think. after so many centuries since then, genetic variation occurs. Some genes get wiped out in populations whilst others thrive ect. we are all 99.9% the same anyway. wouldnt u call that a bit imbred?
Help find my old Tyber Zann sigs :(
Toa of Pi
Forum Grunt

tom twin wrote:
Lanklock wrote:

yes but if u think. after so many centuries since then, genetic variation occurs. Some genes get wiped out in populations whilst others thrive ect. we are all 99.9% the same anyway. wouldnt u call that a bit imbred?

Not really. Our genes are 99.9% alike because all humans are the same species. The .1% allows for slight variation, so that we are not all identicle to eachother. If the similarity were of a smaller ammount, such as 80%, than there would be a large enough discrepancy so that we wouldn't all be the same species (instead of Homo Sapiens, there were be several different species of human, probably all within the genus Homo). This doesn't really imply that we are all imbred any more than anyn other species, just that our genome has remained mostly uniform throughout the entire species throughout several millenia of constant evolution.
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

tom twin wrote:yes but if u think. after so many centuries since then, genetic variation occurs. Some genes get wiped out in populations whilst others thrive ect. we are all 99.9% the same anyway. wouldnt u call that a bit imbred?

Think about it if I married my sister it would weaken the gene pool it is as simple as that. Inbreeding is horrible on the gene pool.
John Stuart Mill

Return to “The Book Club”