Spy Level Limit

Nuto vixen
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Spy Level Limit

I suggest there be a limit to how many spy levels you can get.

Yes, thats right... a LIMIT!

Oh dear, does this mean no more PPT abuse? Yes!
Does it mean no more credit card to save you from dropping from the ranks? Yes.

If we made the spy level only get to a certain point, say level 25, the Forum would still get people PPTing it up, but it would mean those who have gone nuts and been on it for 4 weeks straight would no longer feel the need to any longer.

Simple really.
This game isn't Spy Wars.

Anyway, I cant wait to hear the backlash from all you PPT lovers out there keen on staying ahead in the game with your Uber spy skills.

Hiding behind covert is also a sign of weakness.

This is a war game people.
I have never heard of any war being won due to sabotages by the opposing side.

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
Metal Messiah
Forum Newbie

Spy wars or credit wars. either one i think would work fine for at least one group out there, maybe give all those who are wanting to spend so much their own server to play credit wars on so that it's actually possible for those who do have jobs, but have real bills to pay could actually have a shot.
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

s. c. thor wrote:Spy wars or credit wars. either one i think would work fine for at least one group out there, maybe give all those who are wanting to spend so much their own server to play credit wars on so that it's actually possible for those who do have jobs, but have real bills to pay could actually have a shot.

so true.
i agree!

jay6669
Forum Newbie

ohh now thats the truth out in the open i wonder how long tell some 1 gets it some are slow u know :wink:
King Austin
Forum Grunt
Alliance: The Legion of Dawn
Race: Tollan
ID: 6088

I think it would be a smart idea to have a limit on the covert upgrades. I would back it 100%. 25 would be a nice limit, not many people would be that high yet, i'm sure. (just a few) And you could still do a fair bit of damage with a level 25+spies.
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

great, glad its not just me.

Replicator_Hector
Forum Newbie

limits are a good thing. the smaller players have a chance to catch up (like me) while the larger players have to change the strategy of play. the attack deff and spy techs are limited so should lvls. up should also be limited. so once a player gets to a certain point they have to attack more and be better at attacking to advance any further. this after all a war game and i agree that ppt is being abused. (but because of that i dought this suggestion will be implimented because the admins would loose a good cash source, ppt abuse.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

question:

if we limit spy lvls, should we also limit weapons?
cause basically spy lvl's are the weapons of the spies, and if we limit one part of the ranking system why leave the other parts open?

what you're proposing doesn't solve anything, because they still can go on ppt for their weapons... can you tell me how many top weapons 1 billion naq can buy? a sizable amount no? thus they're still in the lead...

frankly i'm annoyed with those who choose to spend 1000's of $ on this free game... because they think they can't keep up without spending that much,
but it's my opinion that if you have to spend that much real money to get there, maybe you don't belong there anyway...

what i'm hoping for is with ascension, it forces you to give up everything and be reset, for a whole new server, where everything is fair game, destroying naquadah production, spy lvl's, even launching a player back to normal server with decreased stats from their account that ascended...

though those are just my theory's on ascension... what i'm looking forward too...

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

Limiting spy level, is limiting PPT.

I was waiting for an objector.

PPT is a problem, and you should aim to fix problems, but no one seems to give a damn about doing that around here.

WhiteyDude
Forum Intermediate

I very much agree with your first point Psi...

If spy's are capped, why not attack and defense?

It would serverely limit Replicators capabilities...

I'm not a Rep - but I'm speaking for them ^_^.

It's not a Attack wars or Defense wars either.... It's StarGate Wars... and as I remember it, in StarGate, people attacked each other, defended those attacks, and spyed on others as well...

I don't remember Goa'uld's paying for Naq with Credit cards though...

/Whitey
SHIFT TONE! OMG!

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

It means Perseverance
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Nuto_vixen wrote:Limiting spy level, is limiting PPT.

I was waiting for an objector.

PPT is a problem, and you should aim to fix problems, but no one seems to give a damn about doing that around here.

read what i wrote:

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:they still can go on ppt for their weapons...

ppt isn't a problem so long as people don't take it to an extreme, and ideas have been thrown around to make it less worthwhile to use it to the extreme...

but what you're suggesting isn't exactly limiting their use of it as much as you think. they could also use it for UP. your narrowing it to the most expensive thing which is usually the most attractive thing to get ppt for, however it's not the only reason someone is on ppt, say for the extremists, who're on ppt forever, capping spy lvl's isn't actually harming them, because they can just keep up ppt regardless and buy weapons.

you're thinking too narrow...
and thats my reason for objecting.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

I tried this before when the matter was people were literally buying their spy levels ($50 upgrade). I dont think it will ever be capped.

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:...basically spy lvl's are the weapons of the spies, and if we limit one part of the ranking system why leave the other parts open?

I think it could be argued that the spies themselves function as both unit and weapon; the spy levels function as the siege/fortification upgrades (which are limited).

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:what you're proposing doesn't solve anything, because they still can go on ppt for their weapons... can you tell me how many top weapons 1 billion naq can buy?

Ah but the naq gotten from PPT isn't any more than they would have gotten it's just they can save it up to massive amounts safely. Therefore they could have bought the same number of weapons if they weren't on PPT, they'd have just bought them incrementally.

Anyways, I've just accepted that they wont be limited - and perhaps this is for the best, if covert is to have any role there must be significant differences in covert powers (which would be difficult if there was a limit on covert levels). Just accept you will probably be a little slower getting the levels than the folk who will PPT it.

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

I'm pretty sure I've said this in a number of threads but a simple solution to the PPT issue is to abolish it completely and instead put the money people get for donating directly into their bank account.
Donating would still have it's benefits but they would be far less open to abuse.
Could even increase the other benefits to stop the regular donors from complaining that they're not getting as much out of it and it'd show who really can play versus who's just good at buying their way through life since without PPT there'd still be some skill involved in buying your way to the top.
Last edited by daivahataka on Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteyDude
Forum Intermediate

Not a bad idea there...

People wouldnt like it though ^_^.

/Whitey
SHIFT TONE! OMG!

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

It means Perseverance
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

WhiteyDude wrote:Not a bad idea there...

People wouldnt like it though ^_^.

/Whitey

Meaning those who're reliant on the PPT to gain rank in the game... :roll:

Return to “Suggestions Archive”