Would you send someone into battle weaponless???

Should un-armed people still go into battle?

Yes
37%
No
63%
Don't care
No votes

Total votes: 19
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

Would you send someone into battle weaponless???

I have enough NID agents to cover how many weapons I have. I also have Mercs in case any of my officers need them. Problem is, even though I have enough NID to carry all the weapons I have, my mercs are still going into battle & dying. Could we please have this changed so that no un-armed people go into battle.
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict
ID: 0

i dunno why this is even like this i just sell them off so i dont have to deal with the problem of unarmed merc fighting.........
Radogost
Forum Newbie

i also said about it few weaks (or mounths) ago and i agree (as most ppl) but obviously admins dont agree hehe
Jutah
Forum Grunt

I would send un-armed people into battle.... If they were complete bastards.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

WW2 - Russians. Try playing the Russian level of Call of Duty, you'll get a nice feel of what it's like. And have fun in the process cause that's one of the coolest parts of the game.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

Sense a mod posted on here, could you possibly get forum to do something about this?
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

xcrunnermr06 wrote:Sense a mod posted on here, could you possibly get forum to do something about this?

read what he said:

Sleipnir wrote:WW2 - Russians. Try playing the Russian level of Call of Duty, you'll get a nice feel of what it's like. And have fun in the process cause that's one of the coolest parts of the game.

the mod is against adding this feature, as am i.

you trained them or recruited them to fight, not to be sent to your officers.
and they fulfill this purpose, whither you want them to do their job or not.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

hmmm...well its always good to have weaponless in defence to fil in the gaps if your away.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Sleipnir wrote:WW2 - Russians. Try playing the Russian level of Call of Duty, you'll get a nice feel of what it's like. And have fun in the process cause that's one of the coolest parts of the game.

LOL. I love that level. One of you gets the gun and the other gets the ammo.....bit annoying that you can't pick stuff up off the dying guys around you though. :roll:

You train em....you kill em. If you don't want extra to die theres a simple solution. Don't get extra. :twisted:
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Yep the problem here are your tactics, not the game. If you don't want to send in units unarmed, either arm them or untrain them - getting the game to do things for you just makes it duller for everyone.

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:Yep the problem here are your tactics, not the game. If you don't want to send in units unarmed, either arm them or untrain them - getting the game to do things for you just makes it duller for everyone.

J.G.G.

Take a look at the Poles... Apairently I'm not the only one who thinks this.
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

2 solutions

1. Get enough weps for those unarmed lazy idiots

2. untrain/sell them so u end up with a 1:1 unit:Wep ratio
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

xcrunnermr06 wrote:
Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:Yep the problem here are your tactics, not the game. If you don't want to send in units unarmed, either arm them or untrain them - getting the game to do things for you just makes it duller for everyone.

J.G.G.

Take a look at the Poles... Apairently I'm not the only one who thinks this.

It doesn't matter. There is a solution to your problem via change of tactics, not game code.

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
xcrunnermr06
Forum Grunt

I don't know if it's my tactics that need changed... Think of the government... They have millions of people at their expense... that doesn't mean that they send all of them into battle. I agree that it makes my tactics better... but right now more then twice the people that have taken a look at this have wanted the change, and it's more realistic. You don't hire just the poeple you need in war, you get extra and when a hole needs filed (you officers) you have extra to fill it in with. It just doesn't make sense
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

xcrunnermr06 wrote:I don't know if it's my tactics that need changed... Think of the government... They have millions of people at their expense... that doesn't mean that they send all of them into battle. I agree that it makes my tactics better...

This won't be changed, the system works fine. Currently it stops people hoarding troops and mercs, knowing that as long as they have fewer weapons than troops, their troops are safe.

xcrunnermr06 wrote:right now more then twice the people that have taken a look at this have wanted the change...

How many people would like this game to play itself for them? How many people supported having the attack pages automatically searching for ripe targets? How many people wanted automatic banking for their naquadah? How many people are just lazy?

xcrunnermr06 wrote:...and it's more realistic.

xcrunnermr06 wrote:You don't hire just the poeple you need in war, you get extra and when a hole needs filed (you officers) you have extra to fill it in with. It just doesn't make sense

If you want to look at your analogy again, perhaps you should consider training your troops (in-game) as putting them on the frontline. If you don't want your troops to die, don't put them in the faces of the damn enemy. When your frontline troops are depleted, 'fill in the hole' by training more/sending more to the frontline.

Regardless of whether you like my new view on the system, this is not a good idea to be implemented.

J.G.G.
a mighty fine post
Revolutionary

Return to “Suggestions Archive”