Just a lil idea

Lord Yu
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Just a lil idea

Ahoy hoy ^^

I have no clue if this has come up, if it has then i am sorry.

Right, why not add a Space section to the attack. We have attack and defence. why not add another way of attacking, using fleets. Goa'uld Ha'tak..and the others *cant be bothered to name them*

So you would have attack, spy/sab and then you would have a fleet option. With ships and what not.

Kinda like the normal attack, but in space, so defence tech like Star base. and then attack as Ships....

Just an idea..hope i got it across,

Yours,

Lord Yu
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

no, of course it hasn't been suggested before...

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?t=570

-.-Psi Kiya Trist-.-
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

because of issues brought up in PM's regardign this topic, i'm reopening it, and may now proceed to expand upon it:

A space stat eh?

Strike: ********** Rank **
Defence: ********** Rank **
Covert: ********** Rank **
Space: ********** Rank **
(and/or main)
Glory and Rep: ****

twould be interesting application for the rankings if motherships become included...

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Lord Yu
Fledgling Forumer

not just motherships. you could have plantes for defence as well as star bases
you could have different typs of ship. it would add a whole new level to the game.
Elemental_FIRE
Fledgling Forumer

This would pretty much be like having 2 games in one.
Man of God
Forum Irregular

i think that would be awesome. and if you could choose to attack with the space part of your attack, or your normal, ground attack part.
Lord Yu
Fledgling Forumer

yeah, in the show all the powers have ground and space attack abiltys. ^^
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Maybe a stupid question, but how will this work? What is the purpose you have in mind. Believe me, I think having a fleet of Hataks is very cool, but what can I do with them? Attack lets you steal naq. Defense helps you against attack. Covert allows spying and sabotage, and prevents against it. What will this space stat be used for?

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Lord Yu
Fledgling Forumer

You could use it to say claim more sectors, the more you have the more naq you can generate. you lose a sectors your nq income could go down.

Also to stop people from getting tones of ships in short time you could have it so that each ship takes time to build, you cant just buy 1 or 100 and get it over with. also for each ship you wuld need untrained Jaffa to work it, or creat another type of Jaffa......Space jaffa ^^. And then each ship would take naq in power and maintence. making it so that ships are useful to get naq, but would alo stop some people from getting huge fleets in short ammount of time and ruining all the fun for the rest of us.

Also if you had an Alliance you could have a combined fleet or somthing. Still working on that idea.
fredrabbit
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: HVE
Race: ?
ID: 20938
Alternate name(s): *TheBetterIdiot
Location: If there is a bright spot to the univers the place farest from it.

I like my idea but I am partical to me. Motherships are used to attack untrained units. So istead of stealing Naq you kill people. That would give a totaly new level to the game and make moterships something special. https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?t=570&start=210
Meodread of Losensa
Fledgling Forumer

fredrabbit wrote:I like my idea but I am partical to me. Motherships are used to attack untrained units. So istead of stealing Naq you kill people. That would give a totaly new level to the game and make moterships something special. https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?t=570&start=210

actually thats a cool, idea, also could destroy infastructure, which i guess would really only be the fortifications of the player
Jutah
Forum Grunt

Ok, is what you're thinking kinda a case of when you attack, It's basically a two/three-wave thing? You secure the surrounding space, bombard defenses from orbit, then land troops to take-and-hold? Because that would make much sense. You could have a kick-ass fleet, but know way to secure the planets, or an unbeatable infantry army, that gets shot to hell during planetfall as their ships are carp.
-Jutah-
Lord Yu
Fledgling Forumer

Yup yup, you got it.

but as to the other 2 above it i still think it should cost naq at least to build and matain ships, let alone fleets. And it should take time to build ships, just clikcing a button and having a fleet as stupid. And you should on be able to build a hand full of ships at a time.
Lord Yu
Fledgling Forumer

Any more thoughts and ideas on this one people?
ColonelMichael
Forum Spammer

I love the idea in fact I love it so much I came up with it a very long time ago and I have posted about it in some threads and even made a thread for it its titled Spact Stations on the 2nd or 3rd page but ya its a great idea I would have them as sort of like a planetary defense to try and stop things before they got to close and then the ion cannons take over from there once they get close enough.
It is better to try and fight then to surrender without one!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”