His Dark Materials

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

His Dark Materials

The His Dark Materials Triliogy by Philip Pulman must be one of my fave series of books, i have read em abt 4-5 times each. Very good books for both children and adults cos there is quite a deep and meaningfull plot :-D
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
R'zul
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

i enjoyed them when i last read them, which was a while back.

id reccomend it for any age really, just be prepared for some mild church bashing within.
The Xeno
n00b prophet

Is that the series with 'The Golden Compass'?
If so, I read it a while back and enjoyed the writing style. Can't say I was terribly enthralled by his plot, but again, the execution was nicely done.
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower

yes the 'Golden Compass' which tells the truth. Referred to as the altiometer (sp?) in the English version.
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
|Cloud Strife|
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The highest bidder
Race: Ashrak

Alethiometer...

Northern Lights
The Subtle Knife
The Amber Spyglass

those are the english titles to the trilogy
Na-ney mak. Na-ney kal mek. Tel kal kek m'al. Kel nok shree, Jaffa. Mak tal shree! Mekta satak ashrak Cloud Strife! Shal tek. Tak mal arik tiak... Kal kek m'al shol'va?
Spoiler
No identity. No location. I am ready to die. I am no Jaffa. I am a Lord! My identity is the great hunter Cloud Strife! Return home. You will not be forgotten... Ready to die, heretic?
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower

what are the american titles?
Speaking as a Mod
|Cloud Strife|
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The highest bidder
Race: Ashrak

well i guess one of them was already mentioned... but to be honest i don't know.

All i know it is a great read... and is actually very deep, but can still be read by children.

I think the first child book to ever win the best book prize in some big competition.
Na-ney mak. Na-ney kal mek. Tel kal kek m'al. Kel nok shree, Jaffa. Mak tal shree! Mekta satak ashrak Cloud Strife! Shal tek. Tak mal arik tiak... Kal kek m'al shol'va?
Spoiler
No identity. No location. I am ready to die. I am no Jaffa. I am a Lord! My identity is the great hunter Cloud Strife! Return home. You will not be forgotten... Ready to die, heretic?
Toa of Pi
Forum Grunt

sgt.johnkeel wrote:what are the american titles?
Same as the English ones, but the title of the first book is The Golden Compass. The last two have the same titles.
blooper

I read them a long time ago. They werent bad.

Return to “The Book Club”