Make things fair for the Goa'uld

Esker
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 4507

Make things fair for the Goa'uld

Ok i'm just gonna play this straight and stop mentioning it once in awhile in other topics. I don't suggest things very often I like things left the way they are but i've got something to put forward.

I'm sure you've all noticed more and more people change from Goa'uld except for the ones who are either very stubborn or enjoy the roleplay experience. Why is this? Let's lay our cards on the table.

I didn't know the exact numbers until recently. The defense penalty on the Goa'uld compared to the offense penalty on the Replicator is unfair. As admin put it, the two are not equal. Such is the reason the Tau'ri have a more powerful best weapon than the Asgard. We have a minor disadvantage here... but that is not all by far.

The most disturbing thing is this:

1. Reps have a 32.5 spy advantage over the Asgard and Tau'ri
2. Reps have a 42.5 spy advantage over the Goa'uld

Why is this fair? The Goa'uld have how much of a bonus. 25% in income. Why do the Replicators have over 25% of a spy bonus? I was told that it was because of the 5% banking fee. Now i'm going to assume that EVERY player banks EVERY single naquadah they make (which we know is damn well not to be true) that raises the Goa'uld bonus to 30%. I'm gonna play it best case scenario and leave it at that.

First off lets compare this to the Asgard / Tau'ri bonus. First off, they already have a 10% advantage in covert over the Goa'uld for no reason. unfair. Next, we all know that combined with the fortification and siege techs their bonus is, as admin put it once, "well over" 25%. Some would argue that they have a penalty in their opposing stat and that makes things more fair. That's simply not true. I don't pretend to know the exact numbers but i'll get them soon and i'm sure i'll be even less happy. However when I suggested along with many others that the penalty be taken away and our bonus simply reset at the promised number (25%) admin basically told us that we would be smart to not suggest such a thing. That can only mean that the overall advantage is worth more than, again, best case scenario, a mere 30%.

Now to get started on the Replicator aspect of it. They have a 32.5% advantage to the Goa'ulds 30% advantage right off the bat. Already unfair. Combine that with the Goa'uld unjust penalty and you have an even more unfair spin on it totalling 42.5% advantage. That's just wrong. Plain and simple. I could throw in information about saving on spy levels as well, the unique techs (tho not as much anymore) but i'm going to overlook that simply because of that fact alone. The Reps are getting a 32.5% more advantage in their bonus to the Goa'ulds >possible< 30% in theirs along with the penalty.

Apparently the solution is this. Raise the Goa'uld bonus to a SOLID 30% with free banking instead of 25% and the banking. Either take away the penalty they recieve in covert, or put a penalty on income for Reps. Along with that, take into consideration that defense is more valuable than offense when you're deciding on the numbers to slap on the penaltys the Reps and Goa'uld recieve to their offense and defense respectively. By that I mean either increase the penalty on the reps, or lower the penalty on Goa'uld.

- Esker
"...He intends to wipe out anyone in his way...
...watch your back my friends... Esker is in town."
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

yea, the replis are just a little unbalanced...so i like esker's idea
Death is the Road to Awe

Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

The Asgard are now easily the strongest race - which is evident in that they are increasing their hold on control of the Galaxy - once they have built up a large defence it is impenetrable to all but the strongest players - so they never lose any naq! Which, in turn means they can build themselves up more!

Esker - for Tauri - the top attack weapon strength is 2750, and the top defence weapons strength is 2000. It is opposite for the Asgard.

PS Tauri Defence sucks - I just like reminding everyone of that!

Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Esker
Forum Irregular

Don't be like that though, don't forget the seige tech bonus. That's where most of their power comes from not from the weapon strength.

And although the Asgard have control on the first page, i'm gonna put this to you. If Jaxin and EtL along with the other strongest Reps set out on a crusade to eliminate all powerful Asgard in the game, you really think they would fail?

- Esker
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

Esker wrote:And although the Asgard have control on the first page, i'm gonna put this to you. If Jaxin and EtL along with the other strongest Reps set out on a crusade to eliminate all powerful Asgard in the game, you really think they would fail?

- Esker

ahhh...that would be fun... but i doubt ETL would be for it... :|
though it would be a fun way to lead to the ascended server...

Anyway, though I have no problem with it, being a replicator myself, our race is considerably overpowered... and as Esker pointed out, especially towards the goauld. I dont really understand why there is an additional penatly in covert in the goauld... it in no way adds balance or uniqueness to the race...

I could say more, but I dont want to push for equal powers too much :P
NoDot
Forum Irregular

I'm sorry, could someone please outline this Covert disadvantage the Goa'uld have?
Trade Feedback Thread for NoDot
You recieved 980 Naquadriah in exchange for 490,000 Units!
Don't! Just...don't!
Esker
Forum Irregular

Umm...

Don't know too much about it, Rhett told me. I would assume it's like this.

Tau'ri have 100 covert action. Goa'uld have 90.
Tau'ri take 100 spies to sab. Goa'uld takes 90.
Tau'ri needs 100 spies to sab. Goa'uld needs 110.

- Esker
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Esker wrote:Umm...

Don't know too much about it, Rhett told me. I would assume it's like this.

Tau'ri have 100 covert action. Goa'uld have 90.
Tau'ri take 100 spies to sab. Goa'uld takes 90.
Tau'ri needs 100 spies to sab. Goa'uld needs 110.

- Esker

Goauld have 25% bonus. Everyone else cries :cry:
Esker
Forum Irregular

I Replicate wrote:Anyway, though I have no problem with it, being a replicator myself, our race is considerably overpowered...

Jaxin is being reasonable, you aren't.

- Esker
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Well if you think about it, in a way they´r not

until you get like lv19 spy the 25% naq bonus is more valuble, as 30% more covert at level 15 is almost pointless, a goauld can get there alot quicker

the only way i can see it is:

...................advantage........................disadvantage
asgard...........defence..............................offence
tauri..............offence...............................defence
replicators......covert................................NONE
goaúld...........Income...............................NONE

id hardly call the Goauld disadvantaged.......although replicators have more covert power that only takes effect as the game progresses, They arent really that advantaged, they just use it well :wink:

in summary: Goaúld arent disadvantaged as they have more income thats it and Replicators need a disadvantage as asgard and tauri have
Esker
Forum Irregular

It's not that simple you twit. Did you read my post or just see the numbers and start crying?

- Esker
Esker
Forum Irregular

Let me re-do this for you...

...................advantage........................disadvantage
asgard...........defence..............................offence
tauri..............offence...............................defence
replicators......32.5% covert bonus................................NONE
goaúld...........25% Income bonus...............................covert

Reps should have a disadvantage in income. Plain and simple. Goa'uld should have a 5% increase in their income bonus. Plain and simple.

- Esker
Esker
Forum Irregular

AND I left out the part about the defense disadvantage the Goa'uld have being more costly than the Strike disadvantage the Reps have.

Gragh!

- Esker
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

i think this well all change when motherships come into play.........

but Esker u are right i did some math.................i think maybe a revamp of the entire Advatages and maybe add some disadvantges to the 4 races. and make it from there instead of trying to pacth the one system we have right now....
hidden
Lord of Chickens

esker give up trying to convince gala unless you wanna use your covert :-D its near impossible to change peoples minds these days without using force

i chose the goa'uld in the beginning becase i like goa'uld and evil and i like more naqadah now its getting harder and harder to stay with them.
50% of attacks on asgard fail 50% thats half no matter how strong the one attacking is now that is just unfair when was the last time the goa'uld got a good upgrade.
now the replis spy is one od the most important thing and the most expensive look at how much the high spy levs cost the repli bonus in the end will save so much and they have a covert bonus so they can spy easyily if someone attacks them the replis can go and destroy all there weapons.
the only thing keeping me as a goa'uld is because i like them and my only attack and defence units are supers give me another reson to want to stay with them like more income

ok that wasnt very clear but im on eskers side
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden

Return to “Suggestions Archive”