The Last Howl of the Wolf.....

for all the 'I quit' threads....
worry not - if you come back, you are not punished :)
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

The Last Howl of the Wolf.....

I informed the EPA and the SGW Forum Staff yesterday, so I am now letting the rest of the community know....

I have for some time not been enjoying SGW, due to the direction the game has taken, and some of you may recall that I actually announced my intention to quit a few weeks ago. At the time I received many messages asking me to reconsider and stay, and due to the overwhelming support I decided to stick around.

However, last week I came onto the Forum with teh intent of announcin my SGW retirement completely. The only thing that stopped me was seeing that Omega had declared war on the EPA. Although I had previously handed over Command of the EPA, I felt I could not honourably leave at such a time - and so delayed my retirement.

Yesterday morning (prior to the cessation of hostilities) my little girl was hit by a neighbour's car. She was not seriously hurt - a couple of bumps and bruises - but she was knocked out, and for a moment I thought she had died. She quickly came around and we took her to hospital where she was given a check over and declared okay.

It got me thinking to reprioritising aspects of my life and, coupled with the fact I haven't been enjoying SGW for some time, I decided that (even with the war ongoing) I was going to quit SGW. It so happened that later that day the war ended. I will also be standing down from my position as a Forum Administrator - a responsibility I have enjoyed having and hope that I have carried out with impartiality and fairness.

So this is my goodbye to the community of SGW, I have a few personal mentions to make - but since there are a lot of you, do not get upset if I forget!.......

First and Foremost to the EPA - not the biggest or most powerful alliance in the game, but certainly one (if not the) best and most loyal. Specifically I would like to thank those who were there at the beginning:

JaseB - a guy with unswerving loyalty and a tenacity for war. He has received some unjust comments from some people in the recent war - mainly by people who do not know any better - and I would ask that they stop. I still believe it is a crime that he did not win Tauri (or even Player) of teh Year in the Annual Awards!

Salvo - he's away undergoing basic USAF training at the moment, but I understand that he will be back. Salvo, like Jase, is old-school EPA, and a founder of the TSA. Agian, his loyalty has been without question.

CommanderGus - EPA since almost day 1 and a trusted and valued Command Member. Has never swayed from the cause.

Targa - Up until recently has led the EPA in-game for as long as I can remember. He's been teh face, if you like, of the EPA and has insured that the reputation of teh alliance has been upheld.

King Austin (aka Colonel1979) - again, with the EPA since almost Day 1 and has , like those above, been a loyal and steadfast member of EPA Command, as well as being involved in protecting the EPA from internal and external threats.

viperman - a warmonger from the same mould as JaseB. Loyal and always willing to put his point across, no matter who it upsets.

There are so many others.........

Elongar - has run the diplomatic section admirably for a long time.

TauriDundee - certainly one of the more vocal members, but one who has served the EPA well. recently promoted from Intelligence Officer to Special Intelligence Director, TAD has now been placed in Command of the EPA after JaseB stepped down as Commander-in-Chief.

GeneralOneill - cut him in half and it would say 'EPA'. Loyal almost to a fault, defends the EPA with unwaivering conviction and was the perfect choice to take over Command of 359 Company.

Who else?

Jamie Sheehan - Jamie has not been involved with the EPA as long as those above - but his drive and enthusiasm have affected us all.

_StRiDeR_, SGBlackOPS, NDCDN, Treebeard, Sleeper, Brosan, Sam Fisher, Sarif, jazzy, Vulcan, Balhaar, Mattwell, _5p4z_......... sod it you're all great - and that also goes for our 359 and TSA brethren, and the rest of the EPA Confederacy.

(but specials again to Bad Wolf and Brythalious)

As for those outside of the EPAC......

ETL - For the record, this man has done more for the game than most of you realise or will ever know. He has also been a friend to me for the last 20 months or so - and for that I thank him.

now a list:

Psi Kiya Trist
RepliJake
Puck
Lord RahL
Acronon
GenLucky
Flavar
REK
pianomutt20000
buck
Lord Dougy
Fox
Opticallove (no longer here)
thethirdlibra (no longer here)
THE SAZ (no longer here)
JUAN
Blake
Tok'ra
Sleipnir
CrimsonFrost
forgive_me
Magni
JGG
311 & the TA
Unnatural Selection
Any Mods I fail to mention by name
Forum/Admin

There are probably a lot more I should mention, but the list could end uup being as long as my arm!!

Within the next couple of days I will either sell my game account (although it has been ravaged on occasion recently by a couple of Omegans, I managed to limit damage by selling up all my weapons early and untraining my spies) , give it away to someone I think deserves it or delete it. If I do ever decide to return (unlikely in the forseeable future) I will have the challenge of starting from scratch.

It has been a pleasure being part of this over the last 22 months - but my SGW gaming days have now came to an end.

I wish you all good luck and all the best for the future.

Regards,

Wolf359
Earth Protectorate Alliance & EPA Confederacy
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
~squishie~
Exists to be Squished
Race: Vampire

i know i#ve said this before... but take care Wolf :) and best of luck for the road ahead :) has been an honour knowing you :)
Almost38
Forum Addict
Alliance: I am in your base
Race: killing your d00ds

i wish u well and have fun in rl good night and good luck
zebism is the way of the furutre!
Spoiler
Rules of SGW
1.Mass
2.?????
3.PROFIT!
We Be Epic
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

I'm sorry to see you go, Wolf. I've respected you for a long time, and this community is going to lose great player and honourable person. I wish you well in whatever you decide to do, and good luck with your real life.

With respect,

Teal'auc
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
[BERSERKER]
Forum Regular
Race: Tauri

Wolf you have always been the player of this game I have most looked up to and admired. Not because of a great ingame account, or even the prestigous positions you have held as a member of this game.

I've always respected just how serious you handled the things you do in this in this game. I never saw you as a "it's only a game" guys.

Since I've been around on the forums at all I have seen you mention "the old days" of the game.. where it was fun for you. I wasnt there to know those days, but i imagine if what this is now made you quit, they must have been pretty good.

Good luck in your life man, and always remember this nice little SGW community that will miss your presence more than you know.
Bad Wolf
The Man Behind the Curtain
Race: System Lord

Its a sad day in SGW, You have been my SGW hero for some time now and no dobt you know it. ;-) I hope one day you can come back as you have helped shape this great game we play for so long now.

Bad Wolf359
Spacey
Forum Zombie

Bye Wolf. Hopefully you'll stop in from time to time to say hi to everyone.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
[DDE] Bastion
Forum Intermediate

I'm sad that you're leaving wolf. I salute you.
311 [TA]
Forum Expert

I understand your decision, and wish you well ..........

You will be a great loss to the SGW community, if we had a Hall of Fame for retired players that amassed a great reputation, Wolf359 would sure be in it.

Wolf359 ....... we will miss you .......latrz
xr88
Fledgling Forumer

this game just wont be the same without you wolf...we're going to miss you...
Gatedialer
Forum Regular
Alliance: None
Race: Asgard
ID: 5650

StarGateWars will lose one of its finest and most honorable players.

Good Luck Wolf!
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Bye wolf, didn't know you, but any friend of Striders is a friend of mine. :-D
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

Best of luck in rl,
buckner
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill
Indigogazer
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Lone Wolf
ID: 22635

It has been an honour wolf. From day 1 when you invited me into the EPA all those many months ago things wouldn't have been as good if i wasn't EPA.

Many enjoyable moments have been had in our time together in the EPA. You have been a fantasic Leader, the best the game has seen, and more than that your just a top bloke.

Good luck buddy. Hope to catch you on msn sometime for a chat.

Cheers

JaseB
surfey*chik
Forum Irregular

hope your daughter is gonna recover like nothign ever happened...thats pretty sad to experiance thinking someone is gone ...

anyways i dont know u in person but meh sad 2 c ya go... :-)

Return to “Quitting....”