Yep me again

Esker
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 4507

Yep me again

A few different suggestions.

1. Only be allowed to change race once a month. That should stop ppt'ers from abusing the Goa'uld bonus whenever they please and chumps from abusing the Replicator bonus.

2. Change the scoring system for the front page. Officers should count toward their COMMANDER's race instead of their own, make rank count for more than it already does. (rank 1000 counting as much as rank 101, rank 100 counting as much as rank 11, etc isn't as accurate as it could be)

Pretty simple and straightforward,

- Esker
"...He intends to wipe out anyone in his way...
...watch your back my friends... Esker is in town."
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

PLZ dont h8 me even more esker for postin in ur thread but im sooo bored....

Number1: You have a point but it seems part of the game now and adds a little more fun into it

Number2: well, I think if that is the case you are 100% right :P

I wonder if anyone actually knows how the front page ranks is decided ?
I'v always thought maybe there was a set number and all the points were divided into % for each races, but this is probably ay off....
Esker
Forum Irregular

Gala wrote:Number1: You have a point but it seems part of the game now and adds a little more fun into it

No it doesn't. So a repli can change to Goa'uld when he buys ppt and not JUST buy the spy lvl cheaper near the end of the ppt session, but also generate more naq leading up to? That's a problem, not "fun"

It's abusing the Goa'uld bonus and the repli bonus, because both sides of the spectrum do it. Goa'uld change to repli and back, Repli change to Goa'uld and back, either way I don't like it.

And it shouldn't be "part of the game" either. It should be an option, a BIG choice instead of an everyday task like some people make it.

- Esker
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

Yeh but come on m8 lol

there are so many things that are not ment to be part of the game but are....

like using the ss feature to transfer units for ppt, that wasnt ment to be the meaning of it
a
nd using the ss feature to buy/sel things, wasnt ment to happen but just did, everything cant b perfect

wen somin happens just have to get used to it coz nothing does seem to happen to these type of things anyway :wink:
Esker
Forum Irregular

WTH

You're just saying all this because your alliance is repli and you guys abuse this more than anybody.

SS is a horrible comparison... it WAS meant to transfer troops and such and you're sitting there telling me that was an unintended side-effect.

The game is not supposed to be played like this, ONCE UPON A TIME it was about race warfare, when a player swapped race it was a big deal. Then the abuse of the feature started and now you see reps on ppt as Goa'uld as commonplace.

If they're going to use the Goa'uld bonus, they should HAVE TO BE Goa'uld, not just as long as they're protected on their little veil of shadow, but long enough to make them, in the case of the Goa'uld's state of balance, regret it.

And also, you've swapped race more than the average player so I don't EXPECT you to understand one bit. That's all I have to say to you, you know i'm right here you just can't agree with me because you're a fool and completely agreeing with me might show some sign of intelligence.

- Esker
prior
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

I havnt been playing more than a month, but have tried all four races. If your rule was real then I would be stuck as a goa'uld. And Im sorry you have a problem with people using something to there advantage. Buy I am sorry, not everyone was a number 1 player with naq coming out their ass. I also find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that you NEVER used another race to help you out to get something. The only reason your are suggesting this idea is because then you will not have to worry about people catching up to you as much.
ColonelMichael
Forum Spammer

I think they should just limit it to like maybe once every seven days.
It is better to try and fight then to surrender without one!
Esker
Forum Irregular

lmao prior. I don't think YOU of all people are in a position to dictate anything to me. But for your benefit entirely and for those that may not know of your reputation, i'll pick your post apart.
prior wrote:I havnt been playing more than a month, but have tried all four races. If your rule was real then I would be stuck as a goa'uld.

You... mean... that CHOOSING a race would actually be a big decision instead of a light one? Wow, that's deep. I don't think that's what it was intended for at all. I think you're right, I think when Forum put it together, he WANTED everybody to be changing race constantly, because you know, clearly by looking at the first page it doesn't hint that the game is about race warfare or anything and choosing only ONE side. Oh and hey, just because I think you might need this to catch what I mean, :roll:
prior wrote:And Im sorry you have a problem with people using something to there advantage.

Using something to their advantage and ABUSING something that wasn't supposed to be an advantage are two different things, I suggest you try and understand that.
prior wrote:Buy I am sorry, not everyone was a number 1 player with naq coming out their ass. I also find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that you NEVER used another race to help you out to get something.
No I won't deny it, I was an Asgard for the first two or three months of the game, then swapped to Goa'uld after I made a hefty sum off their defense. However what I did NOT do, Is go on ppt as an Asgard, change race to Goa'uld so I could earn a lot of money, then right before it ran out, change to Repli so I could buy a spy lvl cheap with the extra money, then change back to Asgard in time to watch the ppt go off. THAT is a problem and THAT is what i'm complaining about.
prior wrote:The only reason your are suggesting this idea is because then you will not have to worry about people catching up to you as much

The 'only' reason i'm suggesting this idea is because i'm sick of watching players abuse the positives of one race (say, the Goa'uld income or the replis spy cost) then not being stuck with all the negatives as well. I don't mind people "catching up" to me, but if they are going to do it, then they should do it through conventional means and not something as pathetic as what I see too many players doing nowadays.

There, have fun trying to understand that. The only people that are arguing against me here are Gala, who argues with me no matter what I put down and who is in an alliance that uses this... "method" more than any other, and prior, who blatanly admits to abusing this loophole. Gee now what reasons could they POSSIBLY have for not wanting this to be implemented.

- Esker
Esker
Forum Irregular

ColonelMichael wrote:I think they should just limit it to like maybe once every seven days.

Still WAY too light, 1 month is a perfect amount of time. I still think abuse would go on with it at 7 days, but one month would make it a decision instead of just a common task.

- Esker
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

i'm going to say i like both ideas, but this one sidenote i would like to bring to life:
your friend recruits you to the game, and plays a differant race than you, do you stick with your friend who brought you here or do you seperate for your races advantage?

thats the only reason i could see why either of these should not be implemented, but thats me...

i've never changed race manually, i choose tok'ra as my starting race(spy bonus), and then in feb, they were changed to replicators.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
hidden
Lord of Chickens

wow esker you have the best ideas even better then the ones i brought back from feb lol

as you said in the other thread the goa'uld dont have many advantages and prior your sugesting because the goa'uld are weak dont be them just use their advanges for afew days lol

i agree with all your sugestions esker and remember you wont be able to convince prior and gala like that you have to attack them ingame then they will see things your way :-D
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
ColonelMichael
Forum Spammer

Esker wrote:
ColonelMichael wrote:I think they should just limit it to like maybe once every seven days.

Still WAY too light, 1 month is a perfect amount of time. I still think abuse would go on with it at 7 days, but one month would make it a decision instead of just a common task.

- Esker
eh your right what the hell I almost never change race anyway like one out one lol -ColonelMichael
It is better to try and fight then to surrender without one!
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

heh i dont know Y i even argue anyay lol
i simply dont care what happens :-D
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Esker buddy, seems like you got at least something. Anyone who's bought the merc tech will most likely not wanna change anytime soon :P. That is one expensive piece of tech to loose.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
fremen
Forum Irregular

Another way to prevent people from switching races for cheaper spy levels, and goa'uld income bonus on ppt is to make all tech cost based on unit production. If someone was new they could experiment with all the races for very little cost. However the veteran player will have to pay a hefty price to switch races. It will be a bigger decision the higher your UP. If the combined cost was more then 1-2 billion to switch races; who would switch on a whim? Those who have the tech will not be bothered since they will not have to buy it again... unless they switch races to abuse other racial bonuses during ppt. New players will still be paying the base cost.

In summation:
The merc tech cost is very high. I like the concept of it being tied to UP. This should be expanded to all techs to prevent abusers of other race bonuses.

I also agree that someone should only be allowed to switch races once a month . I also propose that no one should be able to switch races on quantum. Or if people switch races in quantum it should be a complete reset of their account. Rebuild UP, covert levels, and everything. If you don't like your race then wait 3 months and try out the one you prefer.
Pirates wander the verse and the loot lays thickly upon the common man.

Hallowed ARRRRRR the Orrrrrri!

Ascended Player of the Year 2008 Annual Awards - Thanks everyone for the votes.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”