Rest Home

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
S T I
Forum Intermediate

Rest Home

I sent this message out to the top 20 alliances, so far i have had responces from 75% of them with a positive responce.

(You know I have left the game for now, but i kept getting invites to join Alliances. so I started my own. Then i got thinking. Why not have an Alliance where people can go when they are on Vacation etc (but still keep growing). But limit this to 1 or 2 visits per year to stop abuse. This alliance would be offered to all top alliances and protected by said Alliances. Let me know what you think. jeff0

I have nothing to gain from this, but i would like to give back to the community. it is very unlikly that i will come back (but I am always updating my stats so I am only ! turnaway from rank 1), but this idea could be a way of player taking a break because of R/L stuff & not coming back to a wreaked account or so far behind it is pointless.

I an not saying leave it compleatly but work out what level you can leave it for, max, on critical, if need be. surly it is better than going on vacation mode.

yep I have been drinking :roll:
Last edited by S T I on Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red XIII wrote:Just blame Omega instead. Much easier than writing an entire paragraph about a problem.
AncientAnubis
Forum Elite
Race: System Lord
ID: 0

Re: Rest Home

S T I wrote:I sent this message out to the top 20 alliances, so far i have had responces from 75% of them with a positive responce.

(You know I have left the game for now, but i kept getting invites to join Alliances. so I started my own. Then i got thinking. Why not have an Alliance where people can go when they are on Vacation etc (but still keep growing). But limit this to 1 or 2 visits per year to stop abuse. This alliance would be offered to all top alliances and protected by said Alliances. Let me know what you think. jeff0

I have nothing to gain from this, but i would like to give back to the community. it is very unlikly that i will come back, but this idea could be a way of player taking a break because of R/L stuff & not coming back to a wreaked account or so far behind it is pointless.

I an not saying leave it compleatly but work out what level you can leave it for, max, on critical, if need be. surly it is better than going on vacation mode.

Well at least you can still spell. :)
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Would there be wheel chairs at this rest home? And i agree with aa, good spelling for drinking while writting.
Death is the Road to Awe

Bang
Forum Newbie

lol man have fun drinking but dont do any driving lol and i think its a good idea to do that but i think there will be people who do it since they are getting massed
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

I think this is a great idea. It will keep many experienced players in the game, that otherwise may have to quit due to professional or personal commitments.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I still don't really understand? how will this stop attacks more then staying in your old alliance?

Good spelling, you spell better drunk then I do sober!!!
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Almost38
Forum Addict
Alliance: I am in your base
Race: killing your d00ds

sti is in the allaince thats y
zebism is the way of the furutre!
Spoiler
Rules of SGW
1.Mass
2.?????
3.PROFIT!
We Be Epic
Tyber Zann
JUAN's Successor, Buck's Inheritor, Semper's mailed fist
Alternate name(s): Tyber Zann, tom twin

It is a nice idea. But then oppotunists will take advantage, and just use these accounts as very good farms...

Progression comes best when taking avialable opportunities....i doubt they will be safe unless admin likes idea and places them on a looooong ppt.

good luck progressing idea :-)
Help find my old Tyber Zann sigs :(
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 50147

Re: Rest Home

AncientAnubis wrote:
S T I wrote:I sent this message out to the top 20 alliances, so far i have had responces from 75% of them with a positive responce.

I have nothing to gain from this, but i would like to give back to the community. it is very unlikly that i will come back, but this idea could be a way of player taking a break because of R/L stuff & not coming back to a wreaked account or so far behind it is pointless.

Well at least you can still spell. :)

that's nuts. usually when i type while drunk my fingers are on the wrong line of keys so i type with numbers as well.
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
mulletslayer
Fledgling Forumer

tom twin wrote:It is a nice idea. But then oppotunists will take advantage, and just use these accounts as very good farms...

Progression comes best when taking avialable opportunities....i doubt they will be safe unless admin likes idea and places them on a looooong ppt.

good luck progressing idea :-)

the people in the alliance would have to ahve a commander so that you can see his/her/its logs, then the commander can simple tell the alliances that support it and then they can play massy massy

Be wary, once the Australians rule the world everyone will be forced to drink excessive amounts of Alcohol muhahahaha
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

Good idea!

And yeah get a commander and all will be fine, hopefully. :-D
Finarfin
Forum Regular
Alliance: Deathwing
Race: Tollan
ID: 40002

You can use what I made to stop people sending me alliance invitations - the not an alliance alliance :)
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

if there is one or two or three players that act as commanders for such alliance, then it could work...

maybe if the commanders are like one EPAC, one CoP, one other, then the bonuses could stay in original alliance, but still be managed by the vac alliance...

also, maybe it should be required that they both have critical and nox activated?
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
S T I
Forum Intermediate

Lore wrote:I still don't really understand? how will this stop attacks more then staying in your old alliance?

Good spelling, you spell better drunk then I do sober!!!

One of the advantages of this rest home would be if your alliance went to war while you were having R/L problems or holiday, you would not get your acount wreaked, being unable to log in so frequantly as normal & seeing in your instance being in dde this could well happen :lol:

as for people taking advantage of these accounts, so far 90% of the top 20 alliances have supported this, the other 10% are taliking about it or have not responded.

so imagine someone attacking a account protected by all these Alliances, not to mention it would be not right, we all know when people are having problems the SGW community support them, so attacking these account would go against all.

don't lose sight of how many accounts will be in this alliance at one time. it will not be many, as soon as they have sorted their problem/holiday they go back to their alliance.

now for my spelling while drunk, yep good in this thread but it gets a lot worse in the others :lol:
Red XIII wrote:Just blame Omega instead. Much easier than writing an entire paragraph about a problem.
Draleg
Forum Expert
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Ancient Bender

I see ware your going to here and i think its a good proposal , only one problem , lets say i wil be going on holiday for 2 weeks , i dont want to lose out of lets say a good account gets 100k/day , wel i think a lot of ppl wil be having "personal problems" when on holiday . ( and not only then )

I think its better to have a bttn and once you activate it your account is no longer making naq , not generating UU and cant be attacked , hmm somthing like vacation mode.

If the posibility was made to give your Officers 100% of your income that wil make it easyer to log in less and wont do anyone harm.
If the officer dont want 100% give him a bttn like the "i dont want ppl to buy me ppt" bttn or a % scale they can set on wats the highest % i can be on , i think theres a lot of ways of making it posible to skip a day of logging in and not putting yourself out of bussness , its just finding the one that most ppl wil accept as being fair.

edit : i have just re-read your original post and actualy i think i understand it better now , the 2 visits a year thing can alsow be changed in a set maximum time like 20 days max , after that you get kicked or you go on vac mode or somthing long these lines.
Evil bending Draleg
Bender: Bite my shiny metal ass!
Hookerbot: Honey, you couldn't afford it.
Bender: Empire Stronghold: 33.300,242,317,098,155 , she is not cheap !

Return to “StarGateWars General”