The Last Mod

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Osi
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: The Last Mod

Bad Wolf wrote:I have been modding these forums for a while now, and when I first started I felt SO happy to see my heros modding along side me. It felt a Privilege to be working with these Mods, but now I see people abusing the Mod system all the time, I have seen some of the best and hard working mods leaving.

I see Mods spamming threads with rubbish, or in alot of cases just a Emoticon. I see members like 'Tokra' making new accounts all the time just to spam. He should just take it on the chin and come back when he feels he has something to say.

I sometimes feel like Buck is pritty much the only person modding these forums at times. I would like to thank Buck on giving me this chance to mod alot more sections than I use to, but I am giving in my modding badge.

You can give it to some new guy with stars in his eyes, thinking he is going to change the forums, but then find his visions of a intresting forum smashed by a few Idividuals.

I am standing down as a mod to make people realise what is happening in this game.

"The public gets what the public wants"

Bad Wolf

You did good while you chose to stay, but see what happens when a Admin that will not be named thinks the old order needs shaking up? I do.
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

Bad Wolf wrote:I have been modding these forums for a while now, and when I first started I felt SO happy to see my heros modding along side me. It felt a Privilege to be working with these Mods, but now I see people abusing the Mod system all the time, I have seen some of the best and hard working mods leaving.

I see Mods spamming threads with rubbish, or in alot of cases just a Emoticon. I see members like 'Tokra' making new accounts all the time just to spam. He should just take it on the chin and come back when he feels he has something to say.

I sometimes feel like Buck is pritty much the only person modding these forums at times. I would like to thank Buck on giving me this chance to mod alot more sections than I use to, but I am giving in my modding badge.

You can give it to some new guy with stars in his eyes, thinking he is going to change the forums, but then find his visions of a intresting forum smashed by a few Idividuals.

I am standing down as a mod to make people realise what is happening in this game.

Bad Wolf

I understand how disappointed you are right now as I feel the same way.

I wish you wouldn't leave. We really appreciate you being a Mod here and you are doing a great job. Please don't let the others ruin it for you.

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
Reaperman
Forum Intermediate

Bad Wolf

This is a shame dude. Your one of the finest mods here. :(

buck wrote:Then Id Move to call a vote, If the public Dont want me here keeping an eye on this part of the forum, then i will step down.

As for "the public" Make no mistake, i AM the public, I have been the public here for a very, very long time, And even so, if you think im some sort of powerfiend who gets where i am due to my ingame account, well i have 3 million Units....Il let you work that out :-D .

However it is very easy to criticise, Im sure everyone gives there full as much time as they can spare it. I cant say anything else, I need to go and draw up a new shortlist of who my next merry helper could be... :)

Brother Bucket. :-D

I know I'm not the most active on forum buddy but If your in a jam I dont mind helping out. As long as it's only 1 section(preferably an interesting one :P ) I could no doubt fit it in. This place is about the only decent site I can access at work anyways so I got nothing else beter to do for 8 hours a day :P

Anyways pal. if you need a hand your welcome to call on me.
market mod speaking
Lord-RahL
Forum Expert

Same here... Ill be more than happy to help out where needed...

RahL
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

As am I, I've got experience too. :)
Acronon
Forum Expert
Alliance: TOoC
Race: Human, whatareyou?
ID: 60798
Alternate name(s): Rhadamanthus, RhadamanthusOE, Kalor, Thurisaz & more than I remember

Well mate..........not sure if this will make an impact but good luck. ;)
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

modding is a postion of minor power and lots of headaches. To anyone who can do spam control i salute you. For the rest please send me your ingames ids and i'll deal with you!

No buck you don't need to send me your id.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
CrimsonFrost
Forum Regular

You apparently haven't seen how much myself and Spacey have worked our butts off in our section Bad Wolf.

Thanks for your kind compliments, I'm interested to see your replacement.
<Fatana> Crimson you scare me on how much you like to mass :)

CrimsonFrost says:
"Blah blah, your making me mad, stop breaking the rules, locked"

MISC Moderator
Flavar
Forum Elite

Well first at all dont leave.
Second i dont know the actual situation btu what you described is something that i saw several times too.

I cant speak for the other mods but i simple cant mod right now. ( having at max 5-10 minutes internet access a week)

The problem is that there is no easy solution for the situation but it is possibel to act against some aspects of it:

- Look at the behavior of mods-- Spamming??
- New mods? But only if they fit. hard point
- What can i do as forum user myself?

I am sure one can make the list longer but dont leave the forum over an bad month.

cheers and a happy and late new year

flavar
Writing as a mod. But i am currently testing colors. So if you want to claim one as yours or its not the best to read give me a call please :-)
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

we are sorry to see you go, even if we did not talk much with you as mod... but then, that might have had to do with what sections each of us belong to...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
crazywolf
Forum Regular

You and I had disagreements on your modding in our war Bad Wolf, aside from that I think you have been exceptional as a Mod, all the best mate, sorry they beat ya, but I think it is your opportunity to stand up to them and show them what you are made of, if it is a struggle you guys will have to select some more mods just for this section. You will get no offers from me, I would mod Galactic but not anywhere else, that is where the new posts annoy me, here i find them trivial, and I probably only see a few, but I find general funny normally, galactic annoys me.

Hope you stay and just keep modding, if not good luck hope we do not meet ingame again :-D and good luck

regards
Huxley
Forum Elder

Hope some people find this a a wake up call.

Have to agree with you Bad Wolf, I login maybe once or twice a week now and I see mods spamming the general fourms sometimes.

Very well said Bad W.
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Bad Wolf,

We've been buds for a long time, and I'd hate to see someone making a difference step down. I've sent you a PM, please read it and consider my words.

Wolf359
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Bad Wolf
The Man Behind the Curtain
Race: System Lord

Wolf359 wrote:Bad Wolf,

We've been buds for a long time, and I'd hate to see someone making a difference step down. I've sent you a PM, please read it and consider my words.

Wolf359

I have considered your words, and I hoped by me steping down it would make people relise the Mod crisis, I have seen no change in the structure since I posted the message, and after talking with Wolf359 it has become clear to me that the only way people will hear me is if I stay here and shout at you all untill I am heard.

I ment no disrespect to you CrimsonFrost or Spacey, I do not Mod sections where you mod so I dont see what you do as much as other mods. But I have heard from a good source your work is of a high standard.

I want the forums to go back to the time when the public voted on who was there mod for each section. And I want to see Mods taken from power if they dont do there jobs, I understand Mods cant be on here all the time due to personal reasons, but if you know you cant mod for say 2-3 months YOU SHOULDNT BE A MOD.

If the people dont have faith in there mods, they wont respect them. If the people dont respect the mods they spam, and make trouble.

There was a time when people feared punishment from the forums, and they didnt want to make these spammy posts incase they got banned or blocked. I want these times to come back. What is the point of rules if people bend them ?

BW
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

those are the goals we want to see as well, BW... from what little we have seen of the modding in the misc section, it is becoming quite well organized...

the two sections currently with least order, are the "For Admin" and the newbie/faq forum... but the reason the first of these is bad is good at least... that section simply has too few mods, and that is because too many of the mods resigned without being replaced...

the best way to elect mods would be to do it in two parts... first have the public submit suggestions/applications, then have each of those run through an election process... maybe by having a temporary section made for the elections, where each potential mod gets a thread... each potential mod would then have to say why they think they should become mods, and the public would give support to those they think will make good mods, and test each of them to see if they would make good mods...
of course, the forum admins would have the final say in whether a person becomes mod, but only stopped if they have been repeated rulebreakers or are obviously not suited for modhood (i.e. rarely active or corrupt, as corrupt mods are unwanted...)

is this what you thought for election of mods, BW?
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “StarGateWars General”