Beta Site changes - ascended superweapon & attacks

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Beta Site changes - ascended superweapon & attacks

as of this post, the changes are coded, and on the dev site.
the dev site ( http://ascended.stargatewar.com/index.php ) has your accounts loaded, turns pass, and additional turns given to test it out.
THE DEV SITE IS IN NO WAY TIED TO THE MAIN SITE.
when the testing is done, the dev server will be closed again.

the changes are not finalized, nor guaranteed bug free, although the basic setup I do not expect to change.

that said, everything is changable, but 'balance' is easiest to change --ie how much damage is done, how powerful an ascended being is vs. 'worldly armies' etc...
(also descending will say you did it in the attack report, but it will not really descend the account on the test server...this will only be added on live game.)

please put comments/suggestions/concerns here. I will let the dev run for a while, changing as needed, before putting this live (with notice).

thanks - and hope the setup pleases :)

admin jason.
Last edited by Forum on Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cobolt
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: T I T A N S
Race: ORI
ID: 57073

Is there something wrong with the link or is the server down? :(
Last edited by Cobolt on Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A man is nothing without honour..
Founder and Former Leader of the T I T A N S alliance group
I am currenlty inactive and do not play the game any more.
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier
ID: 0

http://ascended.stargatewar.com/index.php

Forum spelled the link wrong.

Just looking around I'm wondering how exactly we're to test this, the biding takes 40 hours to end...
Tekki
Forum Addict

Edit: thank you Hensenshi.
Last edited by Tekki on Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
smooshable
Forum Expert

Honours and Awards

not working for me either....
Indu and proud of it!!
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

link is corrected.
the superweapon can test over time.
the ascended attacks are available.
other changes are in but minor.
if there are bugs that are outstanding (not 'one off' bugs but ones that happen every time, and are really bugs) feel free to summarize them here :)
i *think* ive addressed almost everything on bug section.

Hensenshi[Omega] wrote:http://ascended.stargatewar.com/index.php

Forum spelled the link wrong.

Just looking around I'm wondering how exactly we're to test this, the biding takes 40 hours to end...
Lord-RahL
Forum Expert

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in attack.php on line 392

Got that when I attacked...

RahL
Tekki
Forum Addict

Me too, not exactly waht I was expecting!
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Lord-RahL wrote:Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in attack.php on line 392

Got that when I attacked...

RahL

that would be when you were descending someone?
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

I'am not really sure what your basing the power reading on, as it seems to be ranked more i'am not sure, and i see a Min of 30%. I say rank cause when i looked before the turn change i was ranked 96, and could attack person A with only a 90% reductions, whereas after it was 75%.

Further when i recon person B, i found that i got a 110%, but when i attacked i got a 90%

not bugs, or mabye, i'am not sure what a bug would be if it hit me in the face at this point.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Jack_White
Forum Irregular
Alliance: N/A
Race: System Lord
ID: 6153

Here's what I got:

Battle Report

As with all battles, this one has been recorded for the official history of Melnibone. This is the official report of the battle:

In the tradition of the realm, Jack_White comes alone into JolietJake's Abydos, to challenge in an Ascended battle...if Jack_White can penetrate the defensive positions to reach them!

In a show of power and honor, Jack_White manifested as an etheral being within the physical cosmos surrounding them...

JolietJake resisted the aggressors with:
x Interlinked Defender and x Defender worlds.

x Interlinked Defender deployed Multiversic Phase Networks
x Defender deployed Multiversic Phase Networks

For ages the battle rages on across planets, galaxies and centuries....Finally... it is decided!

JolietJake was commanding Osiris, thier Personal Command Star.

JolietJake's Osiris adds x additional defence power to Abydos!

Jack_White ruthlessly and relentlessly assult the worlds, fleets and populations of Abydos, inflicting x.
Many suffered, generations knew nothing but war, and in the end - ontop of countless populations ...
x of JolietJake's worlds were completely destroyed!

JolietJake's forces of Abydos retaliated, inflincting x physical damage on Jack_White, which results in personal energy damage of x to Jack_White

Jack_White elongated the fleets of JolietJake, thier petty physical war machines bested on this plane
The fleets of JolietJake retreat quickly once defeat was secured!

Having beat the physical defences, with some life force still remaining, Jack_White moves to meet JolietJake in a one on one Ascended Battle!

Starting with x weildable life force, with x attack potential after engaging the physical forces standing in their way, and accounting for energy attack power and skill,Jack_White meets JolietJake - with x life force capable of being used in battle- in an ascended match of epic magnitude!
Simutaneously, the two ascended beings launch ascended energy attacks on each other. Time stands still, the surrounding physical plane crackles with diffusing power, and the entire Ascended plane shudders while the battle rages.
Jack_White impales JolietJake with x of ascended damage.
The energy absorbing power, skill, and the unique skill of energy repulsion -usable only within ones own realm, and their constitution, lessens this by x to x total damage taken, thereby reducing their life force and reserves by this amount.

JolietJake, at the same time, hits Jack_White with x total power, while also repulsing x of Jack_White's own attack back at them, for a total of x potential damage! This, though, by the energy absorbing power and skill of Jack_White, and their own constitution, reduces by x resulting in x total damage inflicted by JolietJake on Jack_White!

Both parties are exhausted, these battles being very taxing on ones being. While the battle is now over, it is also not finished. It has will finish in 6 real hours (or 6 eons ingame time). Yes - linear time is one of the things that are left behind in the ascended planes.

Regardless, the two ascended beings have will part ways, and both wonder about the next time they meet....

The signature is outdated, but so am I! And I like it, though the alliance no longer exists.
Cobolt
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: T I T A N S
Race: ORI
ID: 57073

Hmh, now how are a friend supposed to kill anoter friend when there a maximum amount of bad things that you are allowed to do to someone?? :twisted:

That realm has been involved in so much recent activity, that the invading realms can be seen clashing on the borders of their territory. You try but cannot break or sneak through the other forces on the realms outskirts without risking loss of your own forces. You return back to your realm, deciding to wait for the activity to die down before returning....

Can´t attack god vs god either,.. :( guess I had to much fun with my assassins... :-D
A man is nothing without honour..
Founder and Former Leader of the T I T A N S alliance group
I am currenlty inactive and do not play the game any more.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

error fixed. only happened when you attacked someone (ascended attack) that was already in an ascended battle...

that would be when you were descending someone?
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

You are/have/will already engaging in an Ascended Battle right now! You estimate 5.97 realtime hours before you will have finished.

As far as I know, I haven't hit anyone with direct assault...
axemaster
Forum Newbie

Same thing with me, it says that I'm engaged in an ascended battle when I shouldn't be... This is immediately after I used a normal attack on someone.
Multi accounts will be multi killed.

the next time this happends i will hunt you down with my 1000 super jafa and mothership! ---- a random nOOb

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”