Ascension to be forced

Should ascension be forced for the people that have enough points on the 1st ?

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 32
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Ascension to be forced

People have been saying that ascension may be forcoed
althoguh it was obvious that it would not be
as it may of caused alot o arguements

lets see what everyone thinks :)
I personaly think ascension should be forced
atleast for the first load of people anyway
Esker
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 4507

No it should not be forced. It has been made an option for a reason...

Those of us that have invested months (1/2 a year+) into this game have a very good reason for not wanting to reset our account, and i'm thankful Forum has stayed firm on his decision to keep it optional.

Forcing ascension for the first load of people is wrong, and saying that it should only be forced for the first group without giving a logical reason why is suspicious in itself.

It sounds more like you're trying to get rid of certain enemies or competition that you might be experiencing now...

- Esker
"...He intends to wipe out anyone in his way...
...watch your back my friends... Esker is in town."
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

Well thats wrong
you may of spent loads of time doing it, but according to admins post
the more you have means the more power you will have in ascension

so its not really a waste of time

and ESKER this is just a simple pole
why must you think things are always against som1

sheesh, come back to earth man
Esker
Forum Irregular
ID: 4507

And as admin's post also said, it's not necessarily an assurance of power in ascension just a 'running start' at achieving it.

Some might be willing to take that chance, some might not.

And Forum has left us with that choice to make ourselves.

- Esker
"...He intends to wipe out anyone in his way...
...watch your back my friends... Esker is in town."
hidden
Lord of Chickens
ID: 0

i agree with both of you i dont want it to happen because it would be unfair and i would be unhappy if i had to i agree with the other one because i want the strong players gone lol so basicly i agree with esker again
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict

no-ones ment to be agreeing with anyone

its just men tto be a simple pole

thanks
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

_Phoenix_ wrote:Well thats wrong

_Phoenix_ you cannot simply post in these forums and not expect people to put forward their opinions.

Esker is quite right that some people have invested a lot iof time and effort into this game and should not be forced to 'ascend'.

And I am not just talking about time and effort in building up their own stats - I am talking about the time and effort in building up alliances - and alliances are not simply transferred to tyhe ascended game!!

I have already said to several people that if I was forced to 'ascend' then I would quit - and I have heard several other players say the same!

So, no, ascension shouldn't be forced and well done Forum dude for not making it such!
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Lord Kaiti
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The System Lord Alliance
Race: Goa'uld

I think that the accencion thing will be great at clering out the top players, the players who've stayed in the top 10 for almost as longas the game has been online, they most likely will choose to take verything and start in the accencion realm and fight with the others above the mortal realm.

but it should never be forced, in the shows accension was always only if you wanted it, you cannot FORCE someone to accend and daniel almost died becuase he wanted to accend but did not know if he should. eventually he CHOOSE to accend.

accension may give you mroe power, but it also completly anilates your regular account and re-sets it, so they are lossing trillion of naq out of accension.

but I'm sure many, many people will choose to accend and they will clear out alot of spots in the top 100 and you'll get your chance at the top 100 soon enough.
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

lol, at first i was going to refuse to ascend... theni heard that it was going to be forced, so i dealt with that fact and decided ascending wouldnt be so bad... then i heard it wasnt going to be forced, and didnt know what i was going to do until i read the new update... It sounds so awesome, that of course i am going to ascend. That, and if i decide to ascend later, I will fall behind in both experiance up there and power..and that wouldnt be good :P

So, though i have been playing this game since 1 month after it was released (about 6 months of playing it), I will ascend, regardless of whats in my main account. Main server is getting boring anyway, since war isnt a possiblity, and its the same thing day after day... attack for naq... bank... buy more weapons... *yawn

oh, and about the actual topic, no forced ascension is good...while i do see the point gameplay wise, it doesnt fit in with what ascension is supposed to be, according to the show

~Jaxin
Darth CRÅYSHACK_Toe9292
Forum Spammer
Location: Spamming from my Mothership, the Lusankya!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of just spending their naq like a machine they will have a new challange and something more to do wile ascended.
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)This is Bunny Copy him, this message in your sig to help to world Domination
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

While forcing ascention would clear out the top ranks and so give others a shot at getting into the top 100 I do not think making it compulsory would be the way to go, rather expanding the range of people who receive G&R for their position. That way, although not compulsory, the top players will be left behind if they don't opt to ascend.
hidden
Lord of Chickens

Wolf359 wrote:
_Phoenix_ wrote:Well thats wrong

_Phoenix_ you cannot simply post in these forums and not expect people to put forward their opinions.

Esker is quite right that some people have invested a lot iof time and effort into this game and should not be forced to 'ascend'.

And I am not just talking about time and effort in building up their own stats - I am talking about the time and effort in building up alliances - and alliances are not simply transferred to tyhe ascended game!!

I have already said to several people that if I was forced to 'ascend' then I would quit - and I have heard several other players say the same!

So, no, ascension shouldn't be forced and well done Forum dude for not making it such!

yeah what he said oh and bow before your god me :twisted: oh and esker by the way destroy buck and give me the temple of buck
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
Bad Wolf
The Man Behind the Curtain

I can not beleive that most of the top 100 dont want to go into the new game, it will be much better for you coz you all will have a head start on everyone else. why would eskar want to be left back with the losers ? i dont see why he wants to lose the only advantage he has ? Please stop moaning about it and just go to your better place.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Bad wolf wrote:I can not beleive that most of the top 100 dont want to go into the new game, it will be much better for you coz you all will have a head start on everyone else. why would eskar want to be left back with the losers ? i dont see why he wants to lose the only advantage he has ? Please stop moaning about it and just go to your better place.

What you fail to realise is that most of the guys on the first couple of pages will, if they choose to ascend, have made adequate plans so that their shadow account left in the main game will soon be quite powerful again, and they will once again achieve the top spots quite easily. It's very easily done if you think about it.

Bad Wolf - like I said in my previous post, people have different reasons for not ascending (and you won't necessarilly have to BE in the top 100 to ascend). Just let people do what they want to do and play their own game.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Bad Wolf
The Man Behind the Curtain

I was not making them do it, i was just saying they should

Return to “Suggestions Archive”