Music Section

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
Bad Wolf
The Man Behind the Curtain
Race: System Lord
ID: 0

Music Section

I see loads of Music threads poping up all the time, and I can see scope for ALOT more. So why dont we have a music section ? I know the BWP has its own music section on our forums and it is used alot, I know everyone is going to say that is what this and that is for, but really this and that is back to being the spam place it was before the Temple. So let the spammers have this and that and the people with something good to say have there own place ?

PLEASE !!!

And I dont mind modding it like a Hawk

BW
»Ðêvîl Ðòg«
Forum Regular
Race: Antimatter
ID: 86302

I promote this thread.
≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡

≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡
Bad Wolf

It just makes more sense, I know I would be more happy to post my opions on music and generally talk about it on a forum made for Music than in 'This and That'. I hope others feel the same way, thanks Metallic Man.

BW
Spacey
Forum Zombie

Re: Music Section

Bad Wolf wrote:I see loads of Music threads poping up all the time, and I can see scope for ALOT more. So why dont we have a music section ? I know the BWP has its own music section on our forums and it is used alot, I know everyone is going to say that is what this and that is for, but really this and that is back to being the spam place it was before the Temple. So let the spammers have this and that and the people with something good to say have there own place ?

PLEASE !!!

And I dont mind modding it like a Hawk

BW

I can't comment on a Music section. I tried to get a creative writing area in the misc section, but it didn't work out.

I agree this and that is back to being spammed up. What holds me back(in my head) from dealing with it more strongly is that I don't want to drive people away...esp. when the spam temple is unavaliable. Currently, I'm trying to make sure spam threads aren't moved to this and that, as it's not a spam section.

I have not heard anything about the spam temple, but I am opposed to making this and that into the spam temple, because it would just be like creating a new temple, and not addressing any underlying issues of it removal(whatever they may be). Like a band aid solution. I have suspicions as to why it's still out of order, but I need to ask around. To those that are thinking it: no, I will not share what I suspect to the general public.

Why not having a music thread? Why not this one? Some might say it not the same as a section, but I doubt it will happen in light of the Creative Writing Corner results.

So, I have no problem with a music thread, I am opposed to this becoming the new temple, and I think it might be good to post this request in the mod station....maybe it will be met with better results that the creative writing corner?
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
Osi
Forum Addict

ugh music thread would get so jumbled with so many different topics going on at once. A music section would nice and orderly and tucked in. Music thread is like a forum admin tying to make a bow but leaving to just hang all over the place.
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
Spacey
Forum Zombie

Øsiris wrote:ugh music thread would get so jumbled with so many different topics going on at once. A music section would nice and orderly and tucked in. Music thread is like a forum admin tying to make a bow but leaving to just hang all over the place.
Like I said, I tried to get a creative writing section here for those who wish to share their work, but it didn't materialize. I don't know if a music section will amount to anything.
Osi
Forum Addict

yeah an rp section would be nice to but stuff never happens fast or in good order.
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
Spacey
Forum Zombie

I think a lot of admin might be streached a little too thin...I don't think it happens because of a lack of interest with issues...not that you were implying that
Osi
Forum Addict

yes things are often very hectic around here... modded over on atw and even with a small community it was toughy.
Lord Klapaucius
Forum Newbie

Good Idea BW.

It would also give musicians who play a chance to talk about music professionally.
CrimsonFrost
Forum Regular

That sounds like a good idea Bad Wolf, I'll talk it over some with Spacey and see what we can do. :)
<Fatana> Crimson you scare me on how much you like to mass :)

CrimsonFrost says:
"Blah blah, your making me mad, stop breaking the rules, locked"

MISC Moderator
Bad Wolf

CrimsonFrost wrote:That sounds like a good idea Bad Wolf, I'll talk it over some with Spacey and see what we can do. :)

I am glad this has been taken to by many other members, and hope it can be made soon.

BW
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

my only issue, is that i don't want to overwork spacey with a new section.

since crimsonfrost has expressed interest in helping run it, i can make it, granted other conditions, which i will look into.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Relentless

Good idea, but i think more than 1 mod is needed, as there will obviously be some abuse towards diffrent music genres
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

Relentless wrote:Good idea, but i think more than 1 mod is needed, as there will obviously be some abuse towards diffrent music genres

Why would the mod "abuse" other kinds of music? The point of being a mod is the ability to be "fair."
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”