SGA 3x20 1st strike *spoilers*

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*

wat do yout think or the ep?

great
71%
ok
21%
marginally interesting
4%
bad
4%

Total votes: 24
tomj_302
Suspended
ID: 0

@Inferno™ - if they did have bigger ships they would be able to try some new weapons on it because the ship would have more space, like the Ion Cannons from the Tollan, because they give them some in an episode here the civil war was.

@Zeratul - i just typed in stargate ships on google, erm and im gessing ships that someone has made and proberly sent to stargate as ideas

@vindicare - sounds like a good idea, sound like that thing the tollan made which can pretrate shields but what do you think would happen if they fired that horizon think at an Ori ship because that has about 10 mark 9 nucs in it and as we saw on SGA wiped out most of the planet so it should be able to wipe out an entire Ori ship no problem
Rokas
Forum Newbie

The replicators planet was unshielded... Thats why the nukes did ANY damage at all. If they stayed for just little longer above that planet, I believe that new ship would have been gone already from planetary defenses. Horizon would do absolutely nothing to Atlantis shields(unless bombard it several days without break probably) and I suspect Ori shields are better than Atlantis.

Now I liked that phased out weapon idea. Not necessarily transport nuke using cargo ship, but just make the bomb phase out and back in(and blow up then) by itself. Blow the nukes inside the shields and Ori(or any for that matter) ship no more :) But humans then need to reverse engineer the merlin's thingie to use it for mass production. That would be all time best weapon created by ANY race. Simply because it could destroy just about any ship(dunno what kind of ship could hold massive nuclear explosion in space) and no shields could stop it. Like a drone, but of much much bigger power.

That Tollan thing can only pass though material, don't think it can pass through magnetic shields.

And those ships posted in previous post... Could it be that the new SG show will actually, as I guessed, involve a bit of future where those ships will already have been created. Or it could be just some personal artwork of some guy. That battleship looks big :) Although still smaller than Asgard or Wraith counterparts.
And the problem with current ships is as I stated before, it has superior shielding and can hold quite well, but attack power is really lacking. Basically all it has is point-defense systems(anti-fighter) and beaming to transport nukes to bigger(but unshielded/jammed) ships. No main weapon to take out other big ships. So it is basically not even a battlecruiser, but a well-defended transport ship.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

there is another way to bypass shields... using hyperdrive jumps...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
shep
Forum Irregular
Alliance: DxM
Race: athosian

on that idea then remeber Mckay put blueprints in the ancient database for a hyperdrive engin but you would have to be perfectly precise to do that as there isnt realy much room to do that
zeon wrote:If you undo shep like that, you may not like the results. Just dont say i didnt warn you.
Reconciliation wrote:idk shep is pretty hot :lol:
tomj_302
Suspended

i dont see why they dont get the sheild specs fo atlantis and put them on our ships because there stronger than asgard

and the only reason is, is that atlantis has 3 ZPMs powering the city but we dont know about the Ori power supply
GAT-X207
Forum Expert

tomj_302 wrote:i dont see why they dont get the sheild specs fo atlantis and put them on our ships because there stronger than asgard

and the only reason is, is that atlantis has 3 ZPMs powering the city but we dont know about the Ori power supply

ideally its 3 zpms, after failed asuran invasion it had 3 but 1 was sent to antartica and one to the sg1 deadalus class.

to get atlantis sheild specs transfered theyd had to replicate the tech (which will be hard) first to then reapply it. last time i remember there are intructions in the ancient database but making them, much less translating them will be hard. most of the database still has yet to be deciphered
who needs submarines anyway, those little black boats just keep sinking under the water anyway.
tomj_302
Suspended

or they should go to the asuran homeworld then shepard ronon teyla and mckay go down in a jumper because the daedalus took them there or something and steal the ZPMs
shep
Forum Irregular

what steal i puddlejumper load of ZPM's hahahaha jsut think of how powerfull the flee of tauri ships would be if they did hahaha
zeon wrote:If you undo shep like that, you may not like the results. Just dont say i didnt warn you.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

wouldnt it be better to come by in a cloaked Daedalus-class ship and use asgard beaming to borrow them and a few hundred thousand drones?

or perhaps let them finish a few battleships, then dereplify them and use them in the war against the ori?
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

shep
Forum Irregular

to easy :P
tomj_302
Suspended

or if they did sneak in use the locator becons to give them bit of a challenge
shep
Forum Irregular

thas more like it make it hard for them hahaha
tomj_302
Suspended

ye it has to last an eppisode and it always takes themages to figure out how to do it the easier way
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

forgot about the too easy part...

shep
Forum Irregular

haha i bet if we put our heads together we could make a whole series for the makers of sg1 to make haha that would be funn dont you think to see our work being watched by millions

Return to “The TV room”