Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 18
justbegladnow
Forum Newbie

Bonus ascension points for no SS?

Who thinks that there should be bonus ascension points for ascending without SS?
APMT Treaty Diplomat
CthulhuSpawn
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

That would be very cool.
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination.
YEA BUNNY!!
Lørd Søbek
Forum Irregular

i vote no, anti-ppt can only be taken so far before it starts to get 'in ur face' attitude. This would also cut down on the number of ppts that forum gets and therefore reducing his salery,i dont see this happening.
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

NO, and yet another example of something that wont happen...
SS people wont be punished for supporting the game, if anything, they would be given MORE points for having ss...

SS seriously is not hard to get at all... barely costs anything (using in game stuff...). There actually is NO reason you cant get it, aside from your prejudice against it.
justbegladnow
Forum Newbie

IReplicate wrote:

"SS people wont be punished for supporting the game, if anything, they would be given MORE points for having ss...

SS seriously is not hard to get at all... barely costs anything (using in game stuff...). There actually is NO reason you cant get it, aside from your prejudice against it."

I'm starting to wonder if the people influential in this game realize the thin ice on which the game sits in legal terms, and on supporter status in particular.

Fact is, Forum has no legal right to be using the Stargate name, and his statement that "No copyright infringment is intended" (In the copyright notice, which btw I suggested he add last Feb. when I started playing) does not change the fact that he is charging for a benefit, and, based on how many people have had it and how much has been spent on this game (a certain seven letter named player comes to mind...) suggests that no small change is involved here.

In Wisconsin, where I'm from, knowingly funding such an activity makes you theoretically liable for it. So in fact, until Forum posts an update saying he's secured permission from all 6 of those companies to run this game for his profit (and yes, if he's not profitting from this at this point he's doing something terribly wrong with his money), THE LAW will prevent me from getting it. I'm sure there are others in the same boat.

jbgn
APMT Treaty Diplomat
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

Yes, everyone is aware of that.
Truthfully, the way the stupid companies work, they would likely allow him to keep running the game, and at most, have him give them a percentage of the profit he makes. The chances of them closing this game is pretty much impossible, and actually, if they were going to do so, they would have done it by now.
Seriously, there is no way they could NOT know about this game. Links to this game have been posted in every SG fan site ive been to, including the major ones like Gateworld and even thier SG1A game forum... if they havent found out about it yet, then I would be extremely... well... i'd give you a million dollars :P

The fact that they havent chosen to do anything yet either means they cant (unlikely), or they have little reason to do so. Just let people enjoy the stargate universe...

Anyway, what country are is that company based in? I truely dont know... is it USA, or another country...
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

ha

of coarse the people who "own" stargate must know about it, they might be happy that this game is introducing people to stargate, and maybe making their TV rating higher or somin, i dont know

theres lots of things that we dont kno, and frankly dont want to know :lol:
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

I believe it rests with sony mainly now since Sony bought MGM
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
hidden
Lord of Chickens

sony are the greatest they made the ps2 the psp they have mgm i use the psp to play sgw they are the best
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

It's possible that they may not know that it's not an entirely free game, i.e. that money changes hands.
I think the reason justbegladnow was suggesting this is the extra difficulty of getting into the top 100 without some form of SS, however I don't think extra points should be given, perhaps some small title or something no more significant than a badge (pride in having achieved it should be enough) but definitely not extra points.
I don't think the SS crowd should get extra in the ascention server either though.
Darth CRÅYSHACK_Toe9292
Forum Spammer
Location: Spamming from my Mothership, the Lusankya!!!!!!!!!!

I like the idea of a special title for ascending without SS, its much harder to do good without the bounuses.
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)This is Bunny Copy him, this message in your sig to help to world Domination
Esker
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 4507

Nope, bad idea. When the SS'ers made their purchase they were not told of PENALTIES or special titles that you would have otherwise.

Other than that, I agree with Jax. People should not be PUNISHED in any way, even if only through special titles for those that did not pay, purely for supporting the site.

I'll just say it again because I enjoy it, this is a bad idea.

- Esker
"...He intends to wipe out anyone in his way...
...watch your back my friends... Esker is in town."
Meodread of Losensa
Fledgling Forumer

who actually thinks that SS people should get a bonus? i am disapointed in you if you do

there was a time beofre SS when u could donate without getting benefits (i donated 200 bucks so no im not **Filtered** because i can't afford SS, because i could afford to buy it roughly 5 times a day out of the surplus i make)

SS getting bonus points in ascension for buying rank? if u can prove that u would have donated money without the benefits yeah sure, but most ppl buy strictly for benefits and shouldn't get even more help in ascension.
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

Meodread of Losensa wrote:who actually thinks that SS people should get a bonus? i am disapointed in you if you do

there was a time beofre SS when u could donate without getting benefits (i donated 200 bucks so no im not **Filtered** because i can't afford SS, because i could afford to buy it roughly 5 times a day out of the surplus i make)

SS getting bonus points in ascension for buying rank? if u can prove that u would have donated money without the benefits yeah sure, but most ppl buy strictly for benefits and shouldn't get even more help in ascension.

ummm...sorry if you misunderstood, but that was sarcasm... just flipping around what their suggestiong was to a more realistic view, but it wont happen, and im glad it wont...
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Meodread of Losensa wrote:who actually thinks that SS people should get a bonus? i am disapointed in you if you do

Hmmm... I think SS has been around for as long as I can remember.

Anyways, I think the suggestion that SS counts towards Ascension Points was in jest, in retalliation for the original suggestion.

Now to the matter at hand, I really think this is a bad idea. I can't word it better - maybe it's bordering on insulting, but I'll stick with just a bad idea. As Jaxin said, this is punishing those who have donated. Pure and simply.

J.G.G.
Revolutionary

Return to “Suggestions Archive”