Super weapon Bidding

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
pro tech
Forum Newbie

even if everybody does big ascentions, ie ascend with 50k up and a few million supers, this would take months or even not far from maybe 1 year+... This is not the problem, the problem is that while you are building up your main account for the extra APP 6x or 10x the big players on ascended would have increased there power and income by the same amount of time it takes you to finsh ascending which would yes, give you a better ascended account but top players on ascended will always beable to bid more DM as they would also be making there account better.

Im not complaining for myself but also for others who also cant compete against the top players.

What will happen in time when the big players have decended all there threats so that its just one alliance and its allies at the top, they will be decending anybody who appears to be catching up slightly just so that they remain the strongest.

Im just trying to think what would happen in the near future, at the moment weak are not worth decending but as soon as they try to catch up its goodbye to ascended life LOL.

I see what your saying that if weak get the weapon they could decend a top ranked player, I do not see whats wrong with this though, everybody who is playing ascended is working hard to do better so does that mean that all that play should not be decended as we also have put time into ascending, only difference is, We couldnt afford to ascend with alot at all or most of the time where as the top players possibly could, ie ascend with 50k-100kup and alot of everything else.

Not everybody belongs to an alliance so had to build up on there own, these are the ones that have worked extra hard ascending in my eyes. :-)
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Ascended Superweapon:
It is the most powerful weapon on this plane. It will decimate a gods realm. There is but one weapon in the entire realm. It can be obtained on the cosmic market IF someone is selling it, else it moves according to its own will amongst those on this plane.
Once acquired - it will stay but 48hours before dematerializing (or whatever higher dimensional word is the 4dimensional equal to that word...)
If you buy it, it must be used or lost. It will not stand to be regifted!!!
If it is used on a realm, it takes 30 days for its energy to dissipate enough that it will be effective once again in that timespace.

According to that game update, the weapon will move on its own at random, unless its being sold on the market by the person that has got it, the person that buys it has 48 hours to use it or they lose it, also when used according to that, it takes 30 days before it can be used again.

So from reading that, it would suggest that someone has the weapon now, and they are selling it, and last i seen it was up to 200bill DMU, so someones getting a nice paycheck from the market lol.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
pro tech
Forum Newbie

If the super weapon stays as it is where powerful players are the only ones who can get them, powerful players will never be descended. They will just keep getting stronger and stronger.

Us weaker players would not beable to catch up no matter how much we try now because I can see the weak getting attacked with this super weapon as soon as we start getting strong enough to attack the big players for DM, and then if that happened, that account would be massed by the alliance or just by the player themself or if it was a huge amount of DM stolen, that player could cry and think, Hey, I have this SuperWeapon, you wont steal DM from me again in an hurry.....

Descention came in so that you can be descended, and thats everyone!

Having it so top ranked players cant be descended is stupid because it will ruin the game. Make it fun for powerful but boring for the weak.

The weak will always be weak unless a change is made to balance both servers more.
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

Let's just all gang up on one guy, maybe STI. I make 1800 planets a day, fear me. ;)
S T I
Forum Intermediate

Danaka wrote:If the super weapon stays as it is where powerful players are the only ones who can get them, powerful players will never be descended. They will just keep getting stronger and stronger.

Us weaker players would not beable to catch up no matter how much we try now because I can see the weak getting attacked with this super weapon as soon as we start getting strong enough to attack the big players for DM, and then if that happened, that account would be massed by the alliance or just by the player themself or if it was a huge amount of DM stolen, that player could cry and think, Hey, I have this SuperWeapon, you wont steal DM from me again in an hurry.....

Descention came in so that you can be descended, and thats everyone!

Having it so top ranked players cant be descended is stupid because it will ruin the game. Make it fun for powerful but boring for the weak.

The weak will always be weak unless a change is made to balance both servers more.

Your getting mixed up, Sw & deascension, two differant things.

This topic is about the SW, as said already the SW would never be used against a smaller player, it would be just madness. :roll:

as for a weak person using it against a top ranked player ( weapon will randomly go around if not used or sold), all this would do, is mess their account up, it would not effect the alliance they are in.

so what you are saying it is ok for some random person who gets the SW, who may not even be playing ascesion, attacking & mesing yours or anybody else's account up, just on a whim
Red XIII wrote:Just blame Omega instead. Much easier than writing an entire paragraph about a problem.
pro tech
Forum Newbie

S T I wrote:
smooshable wrote:The ascended super weapon destroys any account instantly, whether it be a top account or a bottom account. If it was able to randomly move to any player then there would be no point to playing the game. It's merely be a wait and see who's account is randomly destroyed next. If you want a good ascended account then work at it, sacrifice some main resources and make some big ascensions. Don't complain and ask what is for all intents and purposes for the admins to randomly destroy top accounts so you can feel cool.

I fully agree with you, my personal feelings on this weapon, is its to powerful, if it did fall into a very small account & they fired it at rank 1, how is that fair, that person has worked hard to get there & deserves the posistion.

I have worked hard on ascended but Im still nowhere near as strong as others, this does not bother me, but because I have worked hard like many others just like rank 1 has done, does this mean it would be unfair to descend me like the next person who has also worked hard? No. So why should higher rank players be safe when DESCENTION is now here.

It should not matter wether your rank 1 or rank 100, everyone should fear descention, higher ranked players should not be protected against descention.

If higher rank players get descended (make it more easier to do this please admin) then they would have to re-ascend like the rest of us, which would make getting rank 1 on main for instance more easier instead of big alliances staying there.

The powerful will disagree with this because they do not want to loose power but if they could just as easily as everybody be descended we would begin to see different players at the top instead of seeing the same players all the time.

Atm top alliances rule and always will because they are very powerful, good on you all for that :-) but they stay at the top because others fear them because they would just mass you if you even tried to attack them and this is not fun.

If admin changed it so it was more easier to descend top players it would balance the game more. Top alliances would not be feared as much because they could always be descended which would make them a little more easier to attack on main.
pro tech
Forum Newbie

Your getting mixed up, Sw & deascension, two differant things.

This topic is about the SW, as said already the SW would never be used against a smaller player, it would be just madness.

I thought Superweapon is used to descend another account so it is related I think :?

I have said before, weaker players are not worth descending at the moment as you said,it would be madness, but as soon as we start becoming stronger we would risk being descended unless we belong to the top alliance or it allies.

Just to make it clear, this is a friendly disscussion do not mass me :lol:
Sinister
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

The Super Weapon does not descend people, it just destroys their weapons and untrains all their troops. Then it puts the person on ppt. So even if a paige 1 person was hit by it, they would recover, then destroy the main and ascended accounts of the person responsible :wink:
If your soldiers fear you, they'll fight for you. If they love you, they'll die for you.
urogard
Forum Elder

Sinister wrote:The Super Weapon does not descend people, it just destroys their weapons and untrains all their troops. Then it puts the person on ppt. So even if a paige 1 person was hit by it, they would recover, then destroy the main and ascended accounts of the person responsible :wink:

so what is the point of the SW if only big players will ever get to use it and whoever else tries to use it will have their ascended and main account completely reset.

what this game lacks is a bit of state control. pure capitalism doesn't work and this server is the ultimate proof.
S T I
Forum Intermediate

urogard wrote:
Sinister wrote:The Super Weapon does not descend people, it just destroys their weapons and untrains all their troops. Then it puts the person on ppt. So even if a paige 1 person was hit by it, they would recover, then destroy the main and ascended accounts of the person responsible :wink:

so what is the point of the SW if only big players will ever get to use it and whoever else tries to use it will have their ascended and main account completely reset.

what this game lacks is a bit of state control. pure capitalism doesn't work and this server is the ultimate proof.

quite right the SW does not decend players, the point people are making about this weapon is that in the update it states that unless it is bought it will go to any account at random.

like i have said what if it goes to an account that does not even play,but people wpuld log in just to see if they had it, what if you get hit by it. The people who are buying it now, are doing all the playing people a big favour. imo.

what i am saying is in short, it is open to abuse.
Red XIII wrote:Just blame Omega instead. Much easier than writing an entire paragraph about a problem.
EliteAceMan
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Dirty Dozen [DD]
Race: Tauri
ID: 19889

so i put the waepon up for auction last bid was 400b DMU....WHERE IS MY DMU!
All Your Base Are Belong to Us
Dirty Dozen Command Staff [EWO] (Retired)
Email = acethegreatone@gmail email say hello (Feb 2015)
Slayer of the Forum
TheOrigin {Descended from this realm...for now...}
urogard
Forum Elder

EliteAceMan wrote:so i put the waepon up for auction last bid was 400b DMU....WHERE IS MY DMU!

good question, how does the system work that you do get your dmu and not loose it to some farmer?
smooshable
Forum Expert

Honours and Awards

urogard wrote:what this game lacks is a bit of state control. pure capitalism doesn't work and this server is the ultimate proof.

There's always someone that has to overstate their point in the most dramatic way possible.

Pure capitalism doesn't work and your proof of this is the ascended server...

*rolls eyes*
Indu and proud of it!!
urogard
Forum Elder

smooshable wrote:
urogard wrote:what this game lacks is a bit of state control. pure capitalism doesn't work and this server is the ultimate proof.

There's always someone that has to overstate their point in the most dramatic way possible.

Pure capitalism doesn't work and your proof of this is the ascended server...

*rolls eyes*

isnt' an overstatement. all such games have no "state control", i don't argue whether it is necesary but it's a simple fact that every server ends up in only one situation.
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Ascended is the balance to main. Are you saying we need to balance our balance? :lol:

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”