NO SPOLIER THREAD -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
jar0dinges
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

NO SPOLIER THREAD -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

it is coming out on 21-7-2007

so july ,i cant wait
what do you think about it

and over all the other books i love this book serie very much so do 500 million other people :-D

jar0dinges wrote:it gotten boring
pete wrote:thats the TA way,bore the oppositon to death
Apollo
Goa'uld Temptress
Race: Railway Stakes
ID: 1337

I have only read the first 4, and they were pretty good, but I have a mad on with J.K about this one. She keeps hinting she is going to kill Harry. That would be terrible. Ok, so kids die suddenly. We get it, you made your point in the 5th one. But Harry does not need to die. There are other ways to end a series once and for all. Think about how much you will betray all the teens who grew up with him. I am calling it now - if she kills Harry then susceptible kids will kill themselves too. Even if just one poor depressed teen does then that will haunt her - surely.

Find a better way, J.K.
The Goa'uld Temptress has returned.
Buffy19
Forum Newbie

I really don't think that Harry will die, the Harry Potter books aren't really tragedies, i think its all just for suspense so people want to read it more to find out.
Obsidian311-
Forum Irregular
ID: 1337

if harry does die it will be because of the bond him and voldemort share not because he is just killed. either way it would be freakin lame for him to go through all that crap for 6 years only to die in the 7th lol. but yea i can't wait.
Spacey
Forum Zombie

I think Harry lives and V dies. She wouldn't end the series on the bad note of evil winning...esp. not in a children/teen book. You could find that in Stephen King but not J.K.R.

The series was sorta played up as Harry being a tragic hero. Something like a Hamlet type, but I don't think he would die. I do think if Harry and V died it would make for a fantastic/grand story. I think Neville will play a big part in this book. They have hinted at it and N.L. is an unlikely hero, but one nonetheless.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
ocean
Fledgling Forumer

Noo! not another one, im still reading the last one. :shock:
The Xeno
n00b prophet

Just checking but ArUsIoM, I don't suppose you went under Black Mage in ATW?
Not that 8-bit isn't terribly popular. :)

Spacey wrote:I think Harry lives and V dies. She wouldn't end the series on the bad note of evil winning...esp. not in a children/teen book. You could find that in Stephen King but not J.K.R.

I also don't believe she'll kill him off. Though I think if she wanted to have him die, it'd be easy enough to pull of a martyr (i.e. evil would not win)... and I don't think the teen label would prevent such either: They've already gotten pretty 'dark', but are still childishly light compared to some of the other 'teen' reading.

I'm tempted to think all the 'hints' about Harry pulling some sort of Matrix ending are simply hype; and judging by the message boards my little sister likes to visit, such a tactic would be working.

Spacey wrote:I think Neville will play a big part in this book. They have hinted at it and N.L. is an unlikely hero, but one nonetheless.

Some very big hints. I've no doubt he will play a critical role. :P
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

personally i hope he dies and good riddance :P

the books are very predictable and poorly written, the only reason JK Rowling has been succesfull is because the storyline is original
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
The Xeno
n00b prophet

sgt.johnkeel wrote:the books are very predictable and poorly written, the only reason JK Rowling has been succesfull is because the storyline is original

I would disagree here.
If anything, I believe we could say that for such an over-abused genre, the writing is quite good. Indeed, I must tip my hat to Rowling for being one of the better young-juvenile authors... I believe she actually does a very good job with foreshadowing and such for the level.

They're not the Brothers K.* mind you, but nevertheless are not so bad as to deserve the abysmal book-to-movie they got; Naked werewolf and all :lol:

*I did a search, and just to be clear, that's K as in Karamazov;
not "an american epic that falls short of its...."
hellvsheaven
Forum Newbie

Apollo wrote:I have only read the first 4, and they were pretty good, but I have a mad on with J.K about this one. She keeps hinting she is going to kill Harry. That would be terrible. Ok, so kids die suddenly. We get it, you made your point in the 5th one. But Harry does not need to die. There are other ways to end a series once and for all. Think about how much you will betray all the teens who grew up with him. I am calling it now - if she kills Harry then susceptible kids will kill themselves too. Even if just one poor depressed teen does then that will haunt her - surely.

Find a better way, J.K.

Yes, you're probably right...Harry will die, and so will Voldermort....they will use their magic both might I just happen to mention are the killing curse.....The power they both are brought out just gets too powerfull for Voldermort to handle and so Harry's magic overwelms Harry himself as well...any way when the killing curse kills Voldermort Harry gets blown back unto a little jab sticking out of the wall, in turn the jab peirces his back and Harry falls to the ground but is still under control of the killing curse and destroys Hermione and Ron at the same time, but just before Harry could destroy Professor Snape, Dumbledore comes back and stops Harry by using a magic barrier to trap him.....the curse wears off and Harry sliently dies....thats what i think will happen in the book.....hehe....
IT IS HERE....THE DAMN WAR BETWEEN HELL & HEAVEN HAS COME TO EARTH!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO DO?!?
jar0dinges
Forum Irregular

that is sick dumbledore is dead and harry wont kill hermoine and ron and i dont think harry will die

what would be kinda odd but really exciting if harry dies and voldemort lives then you would have a whole kind of different end then everybody suspects

also the last word is also already know scar and the last chapter was already written when rowling was only working on her first book

onlinegamer91/kramer
Forum Newbie

i think voldemort wil ne killed by nevel

there i said it woo hoo

now haairy has to doe yall know why?
so some idiot dont think they can wright more hairy potter books years after jk is dead altho it is regretible to see an old friend go it is a must
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I'm looking forward to it.

Whilst it's true that the HP books aren't the be all end all of literature that some people make them out to be.. they are, however, a damn good story. And I, for one, am awaiting the final volume with interest. :)
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
jar0dinges
Forum Irregular

i just ordered my copy :-D

Spacey
Forum Zombie

I don't know if I'll buy a copy. I bought the last one and I didn't really like it. I thought Goblet of Fire and Prisoner of Az. were both much better.

On the other hand...I did get the last one at Walmart for very cheap.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."

Return to “The Book Club”