balance and effects of peronsonal stats

Suggest any improvements
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

OK - here is what I am going to suggest, looking at all the posts to date, and having played for the time myself, and thinking of the soon-to-ascend and the late-to-ascend.....

SUMMARY:
*people get more Ascension Points to use.
*people get bigger bonuses than just 1% per level per stat. The bonus gets bigger with each level, than it was the last level.
*If you attack someone FAR less powerful than you, you will not be at your FULL potential. If you attack someone CLOSE to your power, you will be at about your full potential.
*newcomers to asecnsion get more lifepoints per ascension point -- and this amount increases over time, but at a slower rate than those IN ascension grow.

For those that like math:

cost of upgrades: stays as is.

benefit of upgrades: i use the squared idea. (lvl 10 gives a 21% increase, lvl 11 gives 23.2% increase, etc)

life force max upgrade: use base 3000 + 300*lvl*lvl for each upgrade. (so getting lvl 10 gives 300+30+33=363, lvl 11 gives 300+33+36.6=370, etc). With increased flow and channeling, it should be quicker to get to lvl 10/11 that currently :)

ascension points: increase to 10x ascension points in ascended life force. at 2x, and with what most came in with,it is only a couple days worth of benefits. it should be more like a week or 2 of benefits... that way the larger the asc points one gets, the more of a 'multiplier' over others... this will also help newbies feel more powerful, more quickly. (i would also give all existing players 8x their original ascension points as 'makeup').
This would also help the speed of the game....

ascension points: (this one might be contriversial) - for every 2000 turns given out (40days worth), double the ascension points to life points conversion rate.
here is a comparison:
you have lvl 10 max life and, say, 7000 life/day given (at new rates).
40 days = 280,000 life force given.

if you figure a very high 10,000 AP (2k-3k is far more typical), ascending at day 40, they get (10,000*10=100,000, *2(day 40multiplier) = 200,000 Ascended Life force (or 100,000 EXTRA). They get an extra 100,000 out of your 280,000 (or about 1/3) of what a player who stayed at lvl 10 would get. If you went above lvl 10, they fall further behind. If they take > 40days, they fall 2/3 more behind each day.

Now take an average player, with 2500 asc points. this converts (at 10x) to 25,000 - doulbed is an EXTRA 25,000 compared to your 280,000 or about 1/10th ... so each day they fall 9/10ths behind.... although DID GET MORE LIFE PER POINT THAN YOU...

not for the math challenged: (summary - propose close realms have little rank modifier, every time you are 2x more powerful than opponent, you suffer about a 25% rank modifier.

Rank modifier - cut to (your rank+25) / (their rank+25) and soon make it sqr(your total power*.75 + your attack power*.25) / sqr(thier total power*.75 + their defence power *.25) -- the square makes it less than it would be otherwise....if, for example, it was 1million vs 500,000 (raw rank mod of .5 of your max attack) - squared would be 700 / 1000 or .7 of your max attack...-- for example 2million on 500k is (instead of 500/2000=.25) 700/1400 or .5 of your total max potential. if you were close - 900k vs 1M - 950/1000 or 95% of your max.... and VERY far away (10Mil on 1Mil) would be 1000/3150 or 31.7% of total.

thoughts on all of this?
Last edited by Forum on Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't make me use this!!!
[]ev lovin the bad wolf
Fledgling Forumer

i am totally lost and confused barely understood any of that. i dont want to have to work lots of hard maths to see if i can attack someone i like it on main that when i saw someones defense i cud immediatly know if i could attack them and its proably been said but how do you increase your influnece power?
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

main works in a similar way...if you are rank 10, and attack rank 1000 -- and are only 2x more in offense than their defence, you will fail.
no need to understand all of htis -- the short version (which i just added to my original post)

*people get bigger bonuses than just 1% per level per stat. The bonus gets bigger with each level, than it was the last level.
*If you attack someone FAR less powerful than you, you will not be at your FULL potential. If you attack someone CLOSE to your power, you will be at about your full potential.
*newcomers to asecnsion get more lifepoints per ascension point -- and this amount increases over time, but at a slower rate than those IN ascension grow.

[]ev wrote:i am totally lost and confused barely understood any of that. i dont want to have to work lots of hard maths to see if i can attack someone i like it on main that when i saw someones defense i cud immediatly know if i could attack them and its proably been said but how do you increase your influnece power?
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

I got it :)

Only question I have,
is when do we get the rest of those ascension power points :D
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

when i decide this is a good move to make :)
the more that agree it is, the easier the decision is for me :)

Gala wrote:I got it :)

Only question I have,
[]ev lovin the bad wolf
Fledgling Forumer

ok i understand that now.

but how do u increase ur influence power. is it related to how many planets you have. Mine is not very good and its keeping my rank not as good as it could be.
Lørd Søbek
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

well i agree :D

Forum wrote:when i decide this is a good move to make :)

Gala wrote:I got it :)

Only question I have,
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

I gotta say those look like some handsome ideas.

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

I'll just use the summary for my comments :P
Forum wrote:SUMMARY:

Well, there is no way im complaining about that :P
And well, it wont affect gameplay at all, since you are giveing it to those who already ascended, so everything stays balanced... so no complaints here...

Again, sounds good... it gets frustrating after you buy 4 levels of a certain stat and it doesnt go up at all :|

I tried to understand the math... but i got lost, and will need to look at it after i wake up... so I'll just take your word for it right now lol.
Only one question: how much is FAR less powerful... cause before, 20 ranks was far less powerful, and that modifier really sucked... so how much of an impact would it make if your in the top 10 and attack someone in the top 100... or does the HUGE modifier take place when you attack people even lower...

...I guess thats ok, as long as we still grow faster than they do in main... I agree they should be able to stand a chance and not be too far behind, so I guess this is ok... Only one question: Does that double bonus occur EVERY 40 days? like 100k point originally would get you 200k after 40 days, then 400k after another 40 days, ect?...

But I do like everything you suggested...
XIZOR
Forum Regular

does the rank modifier come into play when you are attacking the actual ascended being?
[]ev lovin the bad wolf
Fledgling Forumer

n what his and how do u get more influence power
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

charisma and planets....
[]ev wrote:n what his and how do u get more influence power
[]ev lovin the bad wolf
Fledgling Forumer

Wintermute
Fledgling Forumer

So with the ascension points changing and all does this mean another reset?

Edit: OK I just read everything through more closely and it seems like no reset.
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

Forum wrote:when i decide this is a good move to make :)

*agrees*
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**

Return to “Suggestions”