More Game Interactivity

Zatnikitelman
Fledgling Forumer

More Game Interactivity

The title is a nice way of saying: NO MORE GALACTIC ECONOMICS DAMN IT!
Ok, settled down now: All I do is play galactic economics, I try to get naq to take naq to get naq to take naq, that's all SGW and QSGW is right now. We shoud be able to organize our forces into batallions andstuff and have vertain attack plans set aside for diffeerent levels of fortification. We should also be able to control our spies like tell them to concentrate on getting others stats, or getting weapons info. We should also be able to organize our defenses aaccording to our defense fortification like position 100 Ion cannons around our main entrance and 50 at our ventilation shafts. The game isn't that fun as it was, in other words, I have gotten past the newness appeal and become a real player.
So help me!
Darth CRÅYSHACK_Toe9292
Forum Spammer
ID: 0
Location: Spamming from my Mothership, the Lusankya!!!!!!!!!!

I like the idea of more orginazation of troops and telling spies what to work on, but the placing of defense equiptment and laying of attack plans might be too complicated.
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)This is Bunny Copy him, this message in your sig to help to world Domination
Zatnikitelman
Fledgling Forumer

Not really, for alying attack plans you select which fortification it is, and if you are attacking someone with that fort. level, they attack in that pattern. You wouldn't have to do it for every attack, just go to your planning section and make your plan accordingly.
So help me!
Darth CRÅYSHACK_Toe9292
Forum Spammer
Location: Spamming from my Mothership, the Lusankya!!!!!!!!!!

Still above the capabilaties of your average player (some, like me, are in High school and may have no military planning skills)
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)This is Bunny Copy him, this message in your sig to help to world Domination
Eternal Usul
"Special Title"
Race: Goa'uld System Lord
ID: 19701
Alternate name(s): Xjba#1819(battle.net)
Eternal Usul(Steam)

Strategy can be learned anywhere. Play enough Risk and you'll find your self watching the history channel pointing out the mistakes of previous wars.

More on topic, there are games such as Earth 2025 that are intensely strategic. Some weapons existing only to counter-act others. I quit playing in favor of this game. The people here are quite a bit more amusing to play with. With increased complexity in a game you find people become more and more uptight. They just don't wan't to lose what they spent 30 hours building.

Besides, take away the extraneous information and you get purified strategy.
"Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now, it's complete because it's ended here."

-"Collected Sayings of Muad'dib"
AncientAnubis
Forum Elite
Race: System Lord

Usul wrote:Strategy can be learned anywhere. Play enough Risk and you'll find your self watching the history channel pointing out the mistakes of previous wars.

More on topic, there are games such as Earth 2025 that are intensely strategic. Some weapons existing only to counter-act others. I quit playing in favor of this game. The people here are quite a bit more amusing to play with. With increased complexity in a game you find people become more and more uptight. They just don't wan't to lose what they spent 30 hours building.

Besides, take away the extraneous information and you get purified strategy.

Play enough Rome: Total War, and you could work for the military. I play Utopia too, so that helps with strategy.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Re: More Game Interactivity

Zatnikitelman wrote:The title is a nice way of saying: NO MORE GALACTIC ECONOMICS DAMN IT!
Ok, settled down now: All I do is play galactic economics, I try to get naq to take naq to get naq to take naq, that's all SGW and QSGW is right now. We shoud be able to organize our forces into batallions andstuff and have vertain attack plans set aside for diffeerent levels of fortification. We should also be able to control our spies like tell them to concentrate on getting others stats, or getting weapons info. We should also be able to organize our defenses aaccording to our defense fortification like position 100 Ion cannons around our main entrance and 50 at our ventilation shafts. The game isn't that fun as it was, in other words, I have gotten past the newness appeal and become a real player.

I think you'll find that many alliances have been organising their forces like this for many months (into different attack groups with different battle plans) - they just don't advertise the fact. If you were a 'real player' you would be doing this off your own back instead of trying to get it officially implemented - nothing is stopping you from doing it.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
hidden
Lord of Chickens

ooo i like strategic planning but it would make the game to complicated and it would be harder for some people to play
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
-Ailm-
Forum Irregular

i'm sorry but as a student (with lots of course work) i just would not have the time to play such a stratigic game and it would become impossible for me to gain any kind of good rank as i would not have the time to put into the game. I think that the game is just fine how it is (i.e. the 'galaxy economics') hence why i play it...
I'm afraid if you dont like it why play the game in the first place.
BleedBlack
Fledgling Forumer

Part of this game is it's simplicty, yet, at the same time it does get a little tedious, when only one thing can get you to the top, whihc is having higher stats than everyone else. In general there is only one way to achieve this, which, over time becomes stale.

I would openely welcome updates that actually promote strategizing, as we haven't seen any since the old days of mass co-ordinated attacking.
Press Ctrl+W FTW
Zatnikitelman
Fledgling Forumer

About the alliance thing, that is just asking its members to build their stats in one specific area. But this wouldn't be complicated, all you ahve to do is divide your troops and have three or four groups depending on what you want to do attack different areas of the enemies facility and depending on how their defense is setup, you wither win greatly, or depending on their stats in general wither lose a horrible defeat, or win only slightly.
So help me!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”