Ascension Shell

Ultimate
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Ascension Shell

i think something should be done about high ranked people ascending and then within a week later have spy level 20 and an UP of over 1000, from my point of view ascention was introduced to give other people at chance at getting to high ranks but i have noticed that nearly all the people that have ascended have been on PPT with hundreds of thousands of untrained and have now got UP's of over 1000 and spy level 19 and 20, i know thats its not illegal or cheating but it just seems wrong in my point of view, i think something should be introduced to slow the growth of these ascended players's shell accounts.

i dont know what could be introduced maybe someone else could suggest that 8)
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

A log could be kept of all recent transfers, say within the last week, of naq/troops/whatever and instead of losing the value of them from their start points on the Ascendancy server they could be penalised so they instead loose twice the value of any transfers made in the last 5 days.

Or perhaps that the stronger the shell account becomes the stronger the bond of the spirit to it becomes such that the stronger you make your main account, the more it weakens your Ascendancy account, though it should be possible to balence the two such that if you're a really good player with a lot of time and effort you can be among the top players in both.

Although I agree that the behaviour of these players goes against the whole purpose of the Ascendancy server I don't think there's really much to be done about it.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Very bored of this theme of topic now - learn to play the game - forge relationships - make alliances - help each other out - it is not impossible to achieve what others have, whether you are an old player or a new player,
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
hidden
Lord of Chickens

i agree with you ultimata

it should allow the other people to get near the top but its not going to happen because of this how is anyone else going to adcend if the top 100 is always the same
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

hidden wrote:i agree with you ultimata

it should allow the other people to get near the top but its not going to happen because of this how is anyone else going to adcend if the top 100 is always the same

like I said above - learn how to play the game instead of wanting everything given to you on a plate.

And, like I have said before, there are some big players out there (ETL, I Replicate to name two) who did not join the main game until after Quantum and they are now some of the people you are complaining about.

Additionally - I was once in the Top 20, but a couple of wars later (when untrained could still be killed in battle) I was knocked down into the 1000s! I had hardly any troops left, generated only a handful of naq per turn, but I didn't **Filtered** and moan about it, I got on with forging new relationships and building new alliances, getting help in rebuilding.

I am sick and tired of hearing people moan about this. It is perfectly possible for new players to become powerful quite quickly - I know because I've helped some of them do it!
Last edited by Wolf359 on Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
hidden
Lord of Chickens

etl more then 600k troops in the first mins of the shell more then 5bil naq does that sound fair NO

the reason you want i is to try it yourself i would perfer playing fair
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

hidden wrote:etl more then 600k troops in the first mins of the shell more then 5bil naq does that sound fair NO

Now you really are talking from where the sun doesn't shine - I do not want to try it myself because I have no intention whatsoever of ascending - those who READ the forums and don't just SPAM would be well aware of that.

And why isn't it fair? ETL obviously made a choice not to ascend with all his resources, therefore not being as strong as he could be in ascension. Additionally, he has forged a loyal alliance, willing to help each other out. Seems to me he has spent his time building up good relations in the game, instead of having a big cry in here.
Last edited by Wolf359 on Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mod Speak
Ultimate
Forum Irregular

yes there may be some big player who can "help" other rise to power quite quickly but they cannot do this for the majority of the players in the game which makes it harder for most to get in the top 100 as most of them have been helped, so for people who try this game on there own withouttrading and lending resoucrces it would be nearly impossible
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Ultimata wrote:yes there may be some big player who can "help" other rise to power quite quickly but they cannot do this for the majority of the players in the game which makes it harder for most to get in the top 100 as most of them have been helped, so for people who try this game on there own withouttrading and lending resoucrces it would be nearly impossible

*SCREAMS*

You really are not listening to me are you? People will not just help the 'majority', as you put it. If people want help then they must work at getting that help, by joining alliances, getting themselves noticed, forging friendships (I'm beginning to sound like a chuffing parrott now) and actually helping out, rather than just sitting back and expecting help.

I would also say that those who play the game by not rading, lending etc are not fully playing the game.
Mod Speak
hidden
Lord of Chickens

Wolf359 wrote:
hidden wrote:etl more then 600k troops in the first mins of the shell more then 5bil naq does that sound fair NO

Now you really are talking from where the sun doesn't shine - I do not want to try it myself because I have no intention whatsoever of ascending - those who READ the forums and don't just SPAM would be well aware of that.

And why isn't it fair? ETL obviously made a choice not to ascend with all his resources, therefore not being as strong as he could be in ascension. Additionally, he has forged a loyal alliance, willing to help each other out. Seems to me he has spent his time building up good relations in the game, instead of having a big cry in here.

yes hes weaker in ascention but he shouldnt affect our server or no one else will ascend

about that last post you made not everyone in the game can do that it does say this is suppose to give everyone a chance to become strong looks like it backfired

but i realize i have 0% chance of convincing you once you make up your mind you resist all reason
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

LMAO.....

Five step programme to get into top 100:

1) Get a good commander (few officers, high income, gives bonuses)
2) Join an alliance (not too many members but with some in top positions)
3) Be active.....this game needs commitment
4) Get good officers (they really do make a difference)
5) Enjoy the game and you'll soon get there.

One step that works as well as the above five:
1) Get ss.
hidden
Lord of Chickens

but thats the thing not everyone can do that there is only 100 places in the top 100 now ascention take them away to let the top 200 get in but if the top 100 use their power and get right back in they cant be stopped
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

But its the top 100 for a reason.....because it contains the top 100 people in the game. Its supposed to be hard to get into otherwise it'd mean nothing when you get there. :wink:
hidden
Lord of Chickens

yes it is meant to be hard

consider this

sgw has been out for 5 years and no ascention ever happened
it would be impossible to get anywhere near the top so ascention is meant to give them a new gameplay so they dont just sit here been invinible
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

hidden wrote:yes it is meant to be hard

consider this

sgw has been out for 5 years and no ascention ever happened
it would be impossible to get anywhere near the top so ascention is meant to give them a new gameplay so they dont just sit here been invinible

SGWars was released to the public Feb this year.....How can it have been around for 5 years? :shock:

Return to “Suggestions Archive”