Jason this is just silly!

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Sinath
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

I do not even remotely think I am a strong player in ascention my any means and I can still pull in 12b/day just about.
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

Teal'auc [Tok'ra] wrote:Oh really? I am quite weak on ascended and I can make 100 million in two turns....

Well, certainly other people, including you, make more income than me. I'm the uber noob. But 400 billion?
Last edited by RobinInDaHood on Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok. i have taken star's option #1 suggestion :)

it is now 50% to seller; 50% scattered.

a few of my thougths on why this may work:
1) with 30 days between sw hits, even a friend cannot continually benefit. they benefit once, then have 30 days to build on it. likely after that they wont want to get hit again, since they've likely built up....
2) with 50% going to active players, the sw sale actually benefits active players. this is good, as active players should be benefited. As far as 'the little guys' (active ones only!) it benefits the littler ones more, as any fixed amount will mean more to those with less....
3) if someone hits a big account, i expect they'd be descended fairly quickly after that :)
4) it now does not stop specific uses of the sw (per Teal'auc's comments...) but at least now spreads the benefit a tiny bit...
Sinath
Fledgling Forumer

I'm so glad with all of the utter hate mail floating around you can keep up with the smileys.
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

Forum wrote:ok. i have taken star's option #1 suggestion :)

it is now 50% to seller; 50% scattered.

a few of my thougths on why this may work:
1) with 30 days between sw hits, even a friend cannot continually benefit. they benefit once, then have 30 days to build on it. likely after that they wont want to get hit again, since they've likely built up....
2) with 50% going to active players, the sw sale actually benefits active players. this is good, as active players should be benefited. As far as 'the little guys' (active ones only!) it benefits the littler ones more, as any fixed amount will mean more to those with less....
3) if someone hits a big account, i expect they'd be descended fairly quickly after that :)
4) it now does not stop specific uses of the sw (per Teal'auc's comments...) but at least now spreads the benefit a tiny bit...

Sounds far fairer than 5% to me... thanks Jason, you again made it clear you are willing to listen to reasonable discussions and to make compromises.

Teal'auc
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

on good days :)
i am just glad i did not get hit with all this on a bad day ...who knows what disaster may have hit the fabric of cosmic existence ;)
Sinath wrote:I'm so glad with all of the utter hate mail floating around you can keep up with the smileys.
Sinath
Fledgling Forumer

don't worry yourself. The day is far from over.
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite

Forum wrote:on good days :)
i am just glad i did not get hit with all this on a bad day ...who knows what disaster may have hit the fabric of cosmic existence ;)

Indeed. Someone might have massed or descended you. Be afraid, be very afraid. ;)
Sinath
Fledgling Forumer

If only we could. now there would atleast be a bright spot.
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite

Sinath wrote:If only we could. now there would atleast be a bright spot.

ROFL! :lol: Nice...
Aegidius
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Lone Wolf
Race: Ancient
ID: 36797

I think the best idea is not allow the weapon to be sold instead of fixing it with some %.
More simple and do what Admin wanted to do. Here u have the text:

Ascended Superweapon:
It is the most powerful weapon on this plane. It will decimate a gods realm. There is but one weapon in the entire realm. It moves according to its own will amongst those on this plane.
Once acquired - it will stay but 48hours before dematerializing (or whatever higher dimensional word is the 4dimensional equal to that word...)
If it is used on a realm, it takes 30 days for its energy to dissipate enough that it will be effective once again in that timespace.
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

hmm.... 200 bil is a lotta naq still with a 400 b auction..... can someone hit me with it? lol (I make like 50 mil a day) :-D
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!
Tok`ra

Why do we need a superweapon ?

Were ascended beings, we make our own superweapons.
The Xeno
n00b prophet

Hehe... It took me a moment to realize what had happened when I suddenly saw a hundred-times more DMU in my coffers than I had ever seen.
Forget the seller; a 95% dissipation would be dishing out a lot of heart attacks among newer players.
50%/117 gave me palpitations enough. :P

(it is so much fun being a n00b again... commenting on things others have already seen and grown bored with/and/or things that are insignificant to those hitting for hundreds of billions.) :)
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular

The main problem that I can see with this weapon is as follows correct me if I am wrong which I may be....

In theory with this weapon and another player an enemy player could destroy COP dominance of the ascended server, despite most of them being around for ages and most of them deserving of their place in their rankings. It would have to be planned well but it goes like this

A single massive ascension is done by your enemy.
The enemy player buys the superweapon right at the end of the auction. This player then hits a mate with a frankly rubbish account. Hey presto superweapon in Noob hands. Points at Rank 1 and wallop and bang, bye bye big account.

Rank 1 has so many planets and resources that they almost have to sell the weapon again rather than using it on a foe.

The first player who has so much life force from his massive ascension then repeats the process in secret. No one can find the first player and the Noob player gets the grief. In fact a cunning person would set up shell account just to do this.

Rank 2 gets hit and so on until top ranks account decimated.

This is wrong!!. Although I confess I do not like the dominance of COP on ascension as it makes it virtually impossible to grow without some serious brown nosing which I will not do.. The fact that they could be destroyed so easily after a year or more of hard work is equally unsatisfying. Then the wrath & retribution which follows will fall on all non COP accounts like mine!!

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”