Fairer income bonus for officers

Balhaar
Forum Spammer
Alliance: TSA
Race: Tollan
ID: 16602

Fairer income bonus for officers

How about making it so that if a commander sets the income rate to 30% then each officer gets the full 30%?

as if a commander has 20 officers each officer will only get a small amount and the commander still gets a great bonus on UP.

Not very fair for the officer.
Blessed be those who carry out the will of Balhaar, heretics be those who do not
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

yes, but - where does all the naq come from.

Currently, if a commander earns 1 million per turn, then his officers receive 300,000 (30%) shared between them, and the commander receives 700,000 for himself.

If each officer got 30%, then where would the rest of the naq come from??
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Re: Fairer income bonus for officers

Balhaar wrote:How about making it so that if a commander sets the income rate to 30% then each officer gets the full 30%?

as if a commander has 20 officers each officer will only get a small amount and the commander still gets a great bonus on UP.

Change commander.

The current system is fine and adds another factor of desirability rather than simply just income.

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
Chris M
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 13122

Re: Fairer income bonus for officers

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:
Balhaar wrote:How about making it so that if a commander sets the income rate to 30% then each officer gets the full 30%?

Change commander.

The current system is fine and adds another factor of desirability rather than simply just income.

J.G.G.

indeed.

the only suggestion i wud make to allow a bigger % of income to be given (the commanders choice).

otherwise all is good
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Exploit:
1 alliance shoves all of their troops into 1 account. Then they all become officers of this account. Everybody gets 30% of the total alliance income, which is probably a lot higher than what they would get on their own. Sounds bad.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Balhaar
Forum Spammer

Sleipnir wrote:Exploit:
1 alliance shoves all of their troops into 1 account. Then they all become officers of this account. Everybody gets 30% of the total alliance income, which is probably a lot higher than what they would get on their own. Sounds bad.

I did not think of that. but every enhancement or suggestion has its loop holes just waiting for cheaters.

e.g the merc command. it costs more for people with lots of untrained. people with SS could just give all of their untrained to another with SS and then just buy it for next to nothing.

everything is there to be exploited.
Blessed be those who carry out the will of Balhaar, heretics be those who do not
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

That's not true. Merc command tech is based on UP, not UU, speciffically because of the workaround you described.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Balhaar
Forum Spammer

oh well i told someone different...hope i can catch him before he gives all his troops away lol.
Deathshotshooter
Forum Regular
Alliance: Peaceful Lone-Wolf =D
ID: 71521

I still agree with Chris M, Just increase the amount of naq you would give to your officers, possibly up to 70 percent. But to keep it balance keep the bonus UP to the commander at maybe 25 percent (even at 70 percent naq to officers)
Death is only the beginning - Nex est tauntum exordium!!

Deathshotshooter's Trade FeedBack -
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=102777
Darth CRÅYSHACK_Toe9292
Forum Spammer
Location: Spamming from my Mothership, the Lusankya!!!!!!!!!!

If I'm giving 70% of my income I'm going to what 35% atleast of their UP.
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)This is Bunny Copy him, this message in your sig to help to world Domination
Deathshotshooter
Forum Regular
Alliance: Peaceful Lone-Wolf =D
ID: 71521

Crayshack wrote:If I'm giving 70% of my income I'm going to what 35% atleast of their UP.

well it cant be too much, casue if its too high then the officers will still benifit less fro mthe naq
Death is only the beginning - Nex est tauntum exordium!!

Deathshotshooter's Trade FeedBack -
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=102777
~mist~

cancel that it should be your what you give to your own officer so you can set it yourself if its 100% ok then so be it
~mist~

yeah... so why hasnt this happened yet??? can u please tell me.
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

Officers benefit the commander through UP, commanders are the officers' superiors: they not only hand out the pay checks (extra income), but they guide them, teach them, and protect them. That at least is what I expect my officers to expect from me; my utmost loyalty, and I expect the same from them.
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Oasis17 wrote:yeah... so why hasnt this happened yet??? can u please tell me.

Because you are playing Admin's game, not your own. Any enhancements are made if Admin deems them worthy.

Can you not see a problem with setting income given out to 100%? Can you not see everyone doing this when they can't bank/spend their naq? How useful do you think attacking will be when no-one is generating any naq?

J.G.G.
Revolutionary

Return to “Suggestions Archive”